• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tells congress he lost popular vote due to 3-5m illegal ballots (false)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelation

Imagine how sad your life must be to be a multimillionaire, married to a supermodel, President of the fucking United States and still be miserable with your life.

It's like a Shakespearian tragedy almost.

I don't think he gets to do much with her TBH, and after he does she probably bathes in sanitizer and washes her mouth with soap.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Why is he still on this???? How do you keep lying about something that doesn't even matter anymore?
NPD in action, folks. Anyone with a b-cluster personality disordered person in their life would recognise these rotten traits in Trump. He's no different.

- People with Narcissistic Personality Disorder are preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success and power, so much so that they might end up getting lost in their daydreams while they fantasize about their superior intelligence or stunning beauty.
- These people can get so caught up in their fantasies that they don't put any effort into their daily life and don't direct their energies toward accomplishing their goals.
- They may believe that they are special and deserve special treatment, and may display an attitude that is arrogant and haughty.
- This can create a lot of conflict with other people who feel exploited and who dislike being treated in a condescending fashion.
- People with Narcissistic Personality Disorder often feel devastated when they realize that they have normal, average human limitations; that they are not as special as they think, or that others don't admire them as much as they would like.
- These realizations are often accompanied by feelings of intense anger or shame that they sometimes take out on other people.
- Their need to be powerful, and admired, coupled with a lack of empathy for others, makes for conflictual relationships that are often superficial and devoid of real intimacy and caring.

Despite their bravado, people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder require a lot of admiration from other people in order to bolster their own fragile self-esteem. They can be quite manipulative in extracting the necessary attention from those people around them.

While he's a master manipulator in getting the attention he craves, I'd argue the actual snakey diversion tactics come from Conway and Spicer, while Trump alternates between lashing out like a toddler and trying to charm people to get acclaim.

Violater

Well you're correct about the effect but he is genuinely behaving like this. It's not an act. He's been like this his entire life, 24/7.

I really don't understand how we got here, the whole things is just too damn depressing.
How could we possibly go from Obama to this man.

He actually believes his own lies ffs.

The sadder thing is that people will parrot his bullshit just because he says it.

"I heard there were a lot of illegal votes! I'm gonna completely avoid recognizing the fact that the amount of illegal votes is the amount of votes that he lost the popular vote by. "

Sushi Nao

Why would it even matter? He's president. Just like he supposedly wanted. Is his ego so fucking hurt about losing the popular vote that he has to make shit up like this to make himself feel better? Who is he trying to convince now?

Don't answer those.

Because it starts to provide justification for taking the vote away from minorities

L Thammy

Nobody cares about your tiny-ass dick hands, Trump.
If you're going to lie for personal gain, at least save it for the important stuff like a normal person.

Blader

You know what's amazing

If Hillary, or Obama or any other Democrat worth two cents were to win the Electoral College while losing the popular vote, it would be a humbling experience. They would still take office and serve of course, but with respect to the fact that they weren't chosen by the majority and determination to be everyone's president rather than just cater to their diehard base.

Trump? Run roughshod over anyone who stands in your way, also they cheated, huh-uh
If Hillary or Obama or any Democrat won the Electoral College while losing the popular vote, Republicans wouldn't let them forget it for a single day. Hell, Bill Clinton won a landslide in the Electoral College with a plurality of the popular vote, and Bob Dole claimed that failing to hit the 50 percent threshold delegitimized his mandate to govern.

Usobuko

Banned
He's the pettiest guy I ever known in my existence.

In his mind, he has to delude himself on each and any possibility of him failing. That's not enough clearly, everyone must know!

I wonder how long before Trump proclaims to be the greatest golfer in the world?
Is he a bad golfer? I have only seen him tee off, and he seems to have terrible form. Also, I'm sure he cheats.
Oh god...I haven't thought of him delivering the State of the Union in awhile. Fuck.
Someone mentioned a great idea, which is that the next protest/march should be scheduled for the day before.

If millions of illegal votes were cast, shouldn't there be an investigation into the election?

I mean, surely it's the logical next step, right President Pussygrabber?

Two Words

All we can expect is four years of lies from him. Impeach me if this is old.

C2vqC8CVIAAMzCI.jpg

Caja 117

Its incredible how low we fallen, I hope that we can recover from the social damage thats been done and he will keep doing , we are living in dark times, I just hope that one day after all its set and done those who supported him and worked alongside him can own up and agree that this is a big fuck up.

Why does he care anymore? He's president now. I actually had a brief, oh so brief, thought that maybe, maybe he'll just quiet down after his election and silently screw up our country.

Ithil

Why does he care anymore? He's president now. I actually had a brief, oh so brief, thought that maybe, maybe he'll just quiet down after his election and silently screw up our country.

Because this is what he cares about and obsesses over. He doesn't care about running the country or being a leader, he only cares about feeding his ego and "righting" any perceived slights against him personally, and the fact that he knows he wasn't really elected by the US but won on a technicality is eating him up. So he has to try and stamp out the loss in any way he can publicly.

Of course, no one buys it, but it makes him feel better to put these excuses out there. It's the same reason he used his CIA speech to whine about crowd sizes, because he has zero empathy for the CIA's memorial to deceased agents, and zero real interest in mending fences with the CIA, it was just an event scheduled for him by his handlers and he gave his pre-written generic statement in favour of the CIA, then went off talking about himself for the whole speech. Because he's a narcissistic sociopath of low intelligence, he does not see how this comes across to other people, he only thinks of it from his perspective, which is "ME ME ME ME ME ME".

this is what fucking baffles me

"democrats tampered with the election enough to make me look bad but not enough to actually win the election"
He's egocentric. Wasn't there some psychologists a few months ago say that he might have a serious disorder and he wasn't fit for president?

Reading the top part of this and Trump dances around in my head.

Wag

I wonder how long before Trump proclaims to be the greatest golfer in the world?

”Donald, what he does is he tees off first so we go off to our balls and what do we see but Donald Trump right in the middle of the fairway," De La Hoya said. ”He said, ‘Hey look, I found my first ball.'"

On the next hole, a par-3, De La Hoya said Trump hit into some bushes and again went ahead of the other players in his cart. When the rest of the group got to the green, he said Trump's ball was 3 feet from the hole.

”And by the way I'm picking it up," De La Hoya quoted Trump as saying. ”It's a gimme."

http://gawker.com/a-brief-history-of-the-golf-cheating-accusations-agains-1774776293

Who said he wasn't?

the irony is that both trump and clinton probably would be happy to trade outcomes. clinton wanted to be president and probably didnt care much about how she got there. trump wanted bragging rights but not to be president. so being able to complain that he was robbed of the presidency only to return to his gilded penthouse probably would have been his optimal result.

maybe they should arrange a trade.

the irony is that both trump and clinton probably would be happy to trade outcomes. clinton wanted to be president and probably didnt care much about how she got there. trump wanted bragging rights but not to be president. so being able to complain that he was robbed of the presidency only to return to his gilded penthouse probably would have been his optimal result.

maybe they should arrange a trade.

True in the abstract, though obviously Rs would immediately declare her illegitimate/without a mandate/impeachable if she didn't win the popular vote.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I think on election night Trump didn't think he'd win, and didn't truly want to, as evidenced by his sullen reaction. He was preparing to launch Trump TV and just continue to aggrandize himself to the public.

He would, of course, have been chanting "LOCK HER UP!" every night on Trump TV. All a part of the script.

ezekial45

Banned
My big concern is that he'll use this as a pretense to get national voter suppression laws in place in time for midterms and the next presidential election. I feel like too many people have been sleeping on the issue of Voter ID laws. Back in 2008, the GOP realized they could never compete with the numbers Obama and the Dems could pull in, so they had to resort to suppressing the vote to win. It's fucking vile.

We absolutely need to stay vigilant and informed, and stay one step ahead of them. Because if they make sure people can't vote, then we're fucked for the next 8 years.

Amalthea

Banned
At this point I'm certain he will start a war over something incredibly petty.

Like when some countries leader calls his hair stupid.

Shandy

"You know, with such a yuge discrepancy, we can't afford to be distracted, we can't be distracted. We can't be distracted, we can't allow this to happen again. We have to find where this occurred, who did it. They need to be punished. *shrugs* They need to be punished, right? We can't be distracted and we have to find these people and punish them. So, I think, I think no more elections. No more elections until we fix this. Nationwide, no more elections. I've already got a team of people, the best people-- tremendous people. We're gonna stop the elections, stop the fraud-- I'm not gonna say who does the fraud, we all know who does the fraud. No more elections until the fraudsters are punished."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom