• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Thread #1434: Trump Obligated to Sleep With Ms. Universes If Asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
https://hollywoodlife.com/2016/10/0...niverse-contestants-obligation-sexist-listen/

As if you haven’t been disturbed enough today about the myriad of sexist comments coming from Donald Trump, 70, yet another controversial interview from the Howard Stern Show has surfaced! In this interview, from 2005, Trump jokes with Howard Stern about how he uses his power as the owner of the Miss Universe organization to get women to sleep with him. Ewwwww.

Howard asked Trump, who owned Miss Universe, and had just purchased Miss USA, if he ever slept with any of the beauty pageant contestants. At first, Trump refused to comment. But his friend pressed the issue, and they began to crudely joke about the possibility of bedding one of the women.

“I’m not letting you off the hook for this,” Howard tells Trump. “So when you’re single, one of the contestants comes up to you and says ‘Mr. Trump, I think you’re a very sexy man. You’re a powerful man, and I want to sleep with you.’ You’re not the type to say no.”

“I don’t want to hurt their feelings,” Trump responds, laughing. “[Sleeping with a contestant] could be construed as a conflict of interest, but that’s something to worry about later. You could also say as the owner of the organization, it’s your obligation to do that.”

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Trump also described barging in on nude Miss Universe beauty pageant contestants in their dressing room, characterizing his visits as inspections by the contest’s owner.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...29cea2-8d92-11e6-bff0-d53f592f176e_story.html

Trump also described barging in on nude Miss Universe beauty pageant contestants in their dressing room, characterizing his visits as inspections by the contest’s owner.

Trump volunteered that as the owner, he would sometimes wander backstage when the contestants were nude or dressing. “I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant, and therefore I’m inspecting it,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...29cea2-8d92-11e6-bff0-d53f592f176e_story.html

I think as part of that same clip he also said he "inspected" pageants and was there when women weren't clothed and he could get away with it because he was the owner.

bsp

Is this not saying Trump has the obligation to have sex with contestants that offer it, not that the contestants themselves have the obligation?

Thread title is wrong.

Servbot24

Banned
This seems like a misinterpretation. Pretty sure he's saying that he has an obligation to sleep with them if they ask him. I might be wrong though.

Not that it redeems him or anything, but he's not saying that they're obligated to sleep with him. He's saying that it's his obligation to sleep with them so he doesn't hurt their feelings.

Come on now, don't start making shit up cause you're trying to strike while the iron's hot, don't give him ammo.

He said HE has an obligation to sleep with them if they come on to him.

Mully

While we're on the topic, can Howard Stern stop doing radio? His interview style is self-aggrandizing and doesn't allow the interviewee to actually speak, and his need to bring up sex constantly is just creepy.

The guy is out of touch and just an all around creep.

Glass Joe

Considering the size and scope of Stern's radio show, Trump's interviews on them are not "news." Also the thread title is just wrong. There's plenty of legit fuel to the fire as is, let's not just make stuff up now. Though I trust the OP just read the statement incorrectly.

Cuburt

Yeah, not really much better when he states it's a conflict of interest as the owner. That nude inspection thing is pretty gross.

I think the title is already derailing this thread though.

Considering the size and scope of Stern's radio show, Trump's interviews on them are not "news." Also the thread title is just wrong. There's plenty of legit fuel to the fire as is, let's not just make stuff up now. Though I trust the OP just read the statement incorrectly.
If it's new to people, it's news.

Cuburt

I mean, yeah. There's consent there.

Well, if there was really any sort of rule like that, if they agreed to the contest, that would mean they were consenting to that clause.

But since that is not what this story is about and there apparently is no such clause, the whole discussion about the title is just derailing this story.

Glass Joe

Well, if there was really any sort of rule like that, if they agreed to the contest, that would mean they were consenting to that clause.

But since that is not what this story is about and there apparently is no such clause, the whole discussion about the title is just derailing this story.

Actually the story in the OP linked from Hollywood Life is "Donald Trump: Miss Universe Contestants Have ‘Obligation’ To Sleep With Me." Not really the OP's fault other than not reading the story carefully. So the article is simply poor.

Actually the story in the OP linked from Hollywood Life is "Donald Trump: Miss Universe Contestants Have ‘Obligation’ To Sleep With Me." Not really the OP's fault other than not reading the story carefully. So the article is simply poor.

Ah. Sorry then, OP.
Pretty gross reporting then.

I think it's such a Trump feeding frenzy that people are just thinking the worst right away.

Cuburt

He's a sex predator

That is my takeaway from listening to the interview and the meat of this story.

Sure, Howard is pressing him for juicy gossip about sleeping with the beautiful women at the pageant but he basically implies that he does like to use his power in ways where he can barge in on them changing and while he doesn't directly incriminate himself, since he is married at the time, he does seem like he can't help himself but heavily imply that he uses his power to try to sleep with the girls.

In light on his candid video from yesterday, it makes this a pretty gross story, even if there is no actual obligation for the contestants to sleep with him.

It even makes me question part of the interview when they are talking about some hypothetical for Trump sleeping with a winner and he starts going off about how the girls that don't win can be more beautiful than the winner and it almost makes me think he uses them losing as and opportunity to try to swoop in and sleep with them.

This is a guy who said he buys married women furniture to try to have sex with them, after all.

OP kinda buries the lede with that title. Barging in on naked miss uni contestants to conduct an "inspection" is fucking disgusting.

I'm not shocked in the slightest.

Why the hell else would this man hang around/partake in these pageants?

It's always reeked of pervert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom