• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Lied: NYC Comptroller Finds No Trump Donations to Main 9/11 Funds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

ABC News.

The New York City Comptroller’s Office has found no evidence that Donald Trump donated to 9/11 charities in the months after the attacks, the agency said.

Trump had promised weeks after the 2001 attack to donate $10,000 to the Twin Towers Fund as part of a charity effort by “The Howard Stern Show.”

“My office has reviewed the donations made in the nearly 12 months following the attacks – and we didn’t find evidence that he contributed a single cent to the victims, our first responders, and to our city through the Twin Towers Fund,” New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer, a Democrat, said in a statement to ABC News today.

“In the wake of 9/11, New Yorkers came together, healed, and rebuilt. If Donald Trump claimed to donate and didn’t, if he claimed to support New Yorkers in a time of crisis and refused, then that would be just plain wrong.”

It’s possible that the Republican presidential nominee donated after the two audit periods reviewed by Stringer’s office. The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.

johnsmith

remember me
im_shocked.gif

rjinaz

I would have never guessed that Donald Trump isn't a generous person.

Pretty low Donald to lie about donating towards the relief of a tragedy especially to make yourself look better.

rjinaz

Shocking.

Also lol @ 10,000 dollars. How tremendous of him....

Yeah that's amusing isn't it? The guy claims to be a billionaire. $10,000 for him would be like me losing a $10 out of my wallet. And he can't even be bothered to donate that.

It’s possible that the Republican presidential nominee donated after the two audit periods reviewed by Stringer’s office. The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.

So if I'm grasping this right, let's say it was outside the two audit periods. So that's outside 12 months, right? And he said he donated within a few weeks time of 9/11.

So even if he did donate, he still lied and waited months to assist.

If he didn't donate, holy fuck.

The hits just keep coming. Debate #3 gon' be good.

Is that this or next Sunday?

So if I'm grasping this right, let's say it was outside the two audit periods. So that's outside 12 months, right? And he said he donated within a few weeks time of 9/11.

So even if he did donate, he still lied and waited months to assist.

If he didn't donate, holy fuck.

Is that this or next Sunday?

Next Wednesday.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Eeehhh, I doubt he donated shit to anyone for anything other than political graft but the fact he didn't donate to a specific set of charities isn't proof of anything.

Of course if he released his taxes we could demonstrate what a wonderful humanitarian he is immediately...

Fox Mulder

He's a shitty person, no way.

Bragging about donating to charities is gross enough, to give nothing while doing it takes balls though.

This avalanche of shit is hilarious, as it's like the media is only now spending a few hours digging up things after thinking his campaign was cute.

This kind of news needs to be relayed to rural areas that are the main Republican areas that he's stingy, lies about money, and isn't for the working man. Cause to us, it's preaching to the choir.

This kind of news needs to be relayed to rural areas that are the main Republican areas that he's stingy, lies about money, and isn't for the working man. Cause to us, it's preaching to the choir.

They won't care. Something like 85% of republican women are still with him after pussygate. No reaching some folks.

If Trump was a Bond villain the movie would be over in 5 minutes. He ain't got the brains to be a criminal mastermind.

Yeah but if Bond takes him out, you would have civil unrest in the red states.
In order for Bond to take him out, it would have to be in a way that the majority of Americans would be ok with.

I think what's hilarious about this is the amount of money he was going to donate.
It was probably half of what he was worth after the string of bankruptcies and losses in the 90's. He was so broke the government said nah, you can keep your federal income tax. I wonder if he was on food stamps too.

I honest think Trump has done much worse things yet to be discovered.

For example, built a torture chamber for Saddam in Iraq, or being a card carrying member of the United Russia party are the things I expect that will come out 3 years later.

For example, built a torture chamber for Saddam in Iraq, or being a car carrying member of the United Russia party are the thing I expect will come out 3 years later.

I have a wish that sometime after his campaign crashes and burns next month, somebody in his circle is going to come out and spill the beans on him. All of them.

Kerned

Banned

For example, built a torture chamber for Saddam in Iraq, or being a car carrying member of the United Russia party are the thing I expect will come out 3 years later.
I believe he has almost certainly raped childen. I can't think of anything worse.

DOWN

Banned
I'm more baffled that a supposed billionaire from NYC PUBLICLY offered up just $10,000 for 9/11 victims. Of all the causes in American history to be asked to donate to, HE PUBLICLY PLEDGED $10,000 FOR 9/11. NINE. ELEVEN.

And he didn't even follow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom