• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to decertify Iran Deal

sflufan

Banned
Hurry up, Mueller!

I am really, REALLY getting sick and tired of seeing this sentiment in every. single. fucking. thread. about the Fucking Moron-in-Chief.

I shudder to think what will happen to some of you if Mueller legitmately finds nothing that sticks to him.

Shadybiz

Hurry up, Mueller!

I am really, REALLY getting sick and tired of seeing this sentiment in every. single. fucking. thread. about the Fucking Moron-in-Chief.

I shudder to think what will happen to some of you if Mueller legitmately finds nothing that sticks to him.

Absolutely agreed, and I've said as much in other threads. Even IF Mueller builds a rock solid case against this Ship of Fools/Car of Idiots, it's going to take A WHILE for anything to happen with it...possibly years. Get out and protest if there's one around, and more importantly, get out and fucking vote next time (also in 2018). We are in for a ride, and we should not be looking to Mueller to be our savior.

For real. It's not inconceivable that he might be a private citizen by the time the investigation wraps up anyway.

Madness

American diplomatic leadership is all but dead. The Iraq invasion started the decline after the end of the Cold War and Trump has all but accelerated it. Only delusional Trump-voting Americans see this as a position of strength. They are the ones playing 3D chess while the rest of the world is cucked. But actions like this only hasten the US ending up in the same ash heap of history they said the Soviet Union would end up on.

Tovarisc

3SmOdxO.png

https://twitter.com/AndrewBeatty/status/918937053093683200

I knew this was going to happen

Of course Iran is developing ballistic missiles, sending militias to foreign countries, killing innocents, funding wars, drug trafficking, etc... but this deal was about Iran and its nuclear development.

Now we might get all of the stuff listed above plus them getting a nuclear program like NK.

A nuclear arms race may begin in the ME.

Apdiddy

So Trump not only have North Korea against the U.S. and threatening attacks on the U.S., he'll have Iran restarting their nuclear program and possibly doing the same.

All because the last President is a black man. Trump needs to just resign.

Tovarisc

So Trump not only have North Korea against the U.S. and threatening attacks on the U.S., he'll have Iran restarting their nuclear program and possibly doing the same.

All because the last President is a black man. Trump needs to just resign.

Iran isn't going to restart their nuclear weapon program tomorrow over this. Iran has already stated that they will stick to agreement, for now. They also have basically rest of the world behind them on that and scolding Trump for this decision.

This does drive NKorea further away from any reasonable negotiations because why in hell they would trust US to stick to any agreement made after this?

Madness

Of course Iran is developing ballistic missiles, sending militias to foreign countries, killing innocents, funding wars, drug trafficking, etc... but this deal was about Iran and its nuclear development.

Now we might get all of the stuff listed above plus them getting a nuclear program like NK.

Almost all of the bolded every major nation on Earth is doing. Saudi Arabia does that at probably 10x the amount Iran does. What is the difference between them? Just because one is okay with Israel? Also, I would say this is something that applies greatly to the US over Iran right now. Who do you think is the #1 consumer of recreational drugs, who is the #1 exporter of arms, etc.

black_13

Banned
You can just feel how bad Trump and republicans want to start another war and Iran has been on their radar for a long time now.

Victarion

lol. The holier than thou westerners attitude when their governments are doing much worse shit than these is hilarious to see.

kess

If you think Trump fucked this up, just wait until the Kirkuk Crisis turns into a full blown Iraqi civil war under his watch.

"Our policy is now that Iran should be free to pursue nuclear weapons."

"Why?"

"The President doesn't want to have to tick a checkbox every three months."

lol. The holier than thou westerners attitude when their governments are doing much worse shit than these is hilarious to see.
A bunch of Americans still think that their country is a force of good for the world when any cursory glance at history proves it is anything but

This didn't start with Trump, it was always this way.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
He really just want wants to undo anything obama was apart of. I think his ego was really that hurt all those years ago.

Yup.

People think Mueller is a movie cop that is going to find The Evidence that Trump personally met with Russia and then they punched babies while agreeing to hack voting machines and Trump will immediately be thrown out of office as soon as Mueller says so.

Off-Topic GAF gets furious if you do anything to suggest that it won't happen this way because you're being a debbie downer and what people want to do is believe everything will be great.

Mueller might find absolutely nothing. He might be threatened, he might be bribed, he might find a mountain of circumstantial evidence, or a line of bodies willing to lay on the train tracks for Trump. He might have something solid but the Republicans in congress won't move until 2018, or 2020, or 2024, or never.

Trump should have never have gotten this far, but he did, and he now has all the protections being the leader of the Republican party affords.

And the worst fucking place. God what if one of those terrorist extremist groups somehow get weapons and a way to launch them? And they don't give a shit about mutually assured destruction when they feel it's gods will

Outside of a government collapse, no nation is willingly going to part with a nuke. To do so is illogical, they are all that holds back a more powerful nation with 'regime change' on the menu.

If Iran gets them, they will only serve to prevent invasion, and for Iran to get a place at the big kids table, something Israel and SA do not want.

Lautaro

And the worst fucking place. God what if one of those terrorist extremist groups somehow get weapons and a way to launch them? And they don't give a shit about mutually assured destruction when they feel it's gods will

Pretty sure Pakistan is a worse place for nukes than Iran. The difference is that they are considered America's allies (despite doing a lot of crappy shit against their interests).

Almost all of the bolded every major nation on Earth is doing. Saudi Arabia does that at probably 10x the amount Iran does. What is the difference between them? Just because one is okay with Israel? Also, I would say this is something that applies greatly to the US over Iran right now. Who do you think is the #1 consumer of recreational drugs, who is the #1 exporter of arms, etc.

I never mentioned any other country

I am just stating something people usually assume the Iran deal did or what they put fourth as to why the Iran deal should be ceased even though it is a deal for non nuclear proliferation and not the things stated above

hence the second statement of

BadAss2961

What else is there to hope for at this point? He's done everything to show he's unfit for office. Mass protests have happened. Republicans aren't going to force him out even though a growing number of them realize he's terrible. The nation is split, he could possibly get re-elected.

Mueller is the only thing that could stop us from getting a full term of this mess.

Dopus

Banned
I never mentioned any other country

I am just stating something people usually assume the Iran deal did or what they put fourth as to why the Iran deal should be ceased even though it is a deal for non nuclear proliferation and not the things stated above

hence the second statement of

The frustration some posters have is when it's a given that countries in the region are going to project their power. It's also a given that the US has always tried to assert itself for regional dominance, but the ways and means of this aren't really ever addressed in the same manner, there isn't as much outrage over it from most liberals despite it being particularly monstrous. It's hypocrisy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The only reason he ran for office is because he couldn't take being talked down to by a black man. Now that he's in office he's doing everything in his power to nullify each and every accomplishment that black man made it is truly pathetic not to mention extremely racist, irresponsible, dangerous, and immoral.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Here's the thing there are only two options as I see them. Option number one wait until 2018 have an unprecedented turnout in the midterm elections and elect a Democratic Congress. If we manage to do that then we can start on the road to impeachment. As we all know though Democratic turnout in midterm elections and the gerrymandering of our states makes it extremely difficult for that to happen. 2018 is going to be a litmus test for Democrats it's going to be really interesting to see if our constant political engagement will extend to the polls.

Then of course the second option is Mueller conducting a thorough and explosive investigation that gives Republicans no choice but either get him out of office or let him serve the rest of his term from a jail cell.

Personally I would much rather the first option of gaining a democratic Congress since not only will that take care of the problem with getting Trump out but it will also Ensure that anybody replaces him won't be able to still harm the country. However, 2018 midterms seem like an eternity away people are frustrated so I can understand begging Mueller to hurry it up.

I think it is a very real possibility that Mueller isn't able to build a strong enough case to tie Trump directly to anything.

The frustration some posters have is when it's a given that countries in the region are going to project their power. It's also a given that the US has always tried to assert itself for regional dominance, but the ways and means of this aren't really ever addressed in the same manner, there isn't as much outrage over it from most liberals despite it being particularly monstrous. It's hypocrisy.

well yeah your right

what I am stating is that the press, governments and other forms of media don't convey deals as properly as they are suppose to and thus we get a guy speaking about to decertifying the Iranian deal on other notions then actually why/what the deal was made primarily for.

I mean listen to his speech:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918901399080935424

what he was listing wasn't anything to do with the nuclear deal.

what he should've done instead was express sanctions for a,b and c and then explain why they need to get sections for a,b and c (in a true world everyone would get penalties for harming innocents, etc...).

but now we literally will have Iran also doing nuclear development as well as whatever.

He also stated in a tweet that countries have been doing business with Iran on which he likely assumes is being used for Iran's expansionist program but again he could've addressed it by literally stating that instead of destroying another deal that prevented a nuclear arsenal being added to the list of many other worries.

The only thing I am seeing is he either wants war really bad or the deal sold off other places like Syria, etc... that the world doesn't know about.

epmode

I think it is a very real possibility that Mueller isn't able to build a strong enough case to tie Trump directly to anything.

Even if collusion can’t be pinned to Trump (I’d be surprised if it can’t), he’s absolutely on the hook for obstruction of justice. By his own admission, even!

Whether or not Congress decides to impeach is another story.

Oersted

Their missile system is pretty much their only functional defense.

They mostly send advisors to train armies and thats it. Something even Germany is doing.

You gotta be more concrete than killing innocents.

Iran is actively fighting drug trafficking.

I don't want this to turn into a list wars but just to reply to your question

Their missile system is pretty much their only functional defense.

They mostly send advisors to train armies and thats it. Something even Germany is doing.

yeah

https://www.popsci.com/iran-reporte...ile-in-drones-body-for-rebels-in-yemen#page-2
https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...udi-arabia-war-yemen-houthis-outflanking.html
You gotta be more concrete than killing innocents.

but also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_involvement_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

Iran is actively fighting drug trafficking.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-...guard-rules-the-countrys-black-market-2015-12

then
https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-backs-taliban-with-cash-and-arms-1434065528
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...al-qaeda-members-living-in-iran-idUSKCN1002VK
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/iran/2012-01-29/al-qaeda-iran

some other countries (allies) and even western one's do the same thing but Iran isn't clean

Kettch

Sounds like Trump wanted to get something done, so they gave him something to do that didn't actually do anything.

He's now dumped both this and Obamacare off on Congress. I wonder how long they're going to put up with taking all the blame and responsibility.

Tovarisc

Ithil

"MANY PEOPLE"

Every time he is insecure about a move or statement of his being badly received he resorts to this bullshit.

Top Bottom