• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to decertify Iran Deal

oldsnakebro

Guys I'm in Iran these days as a tourist. The hate of Trump is at its pick here! Iranians are really sensitive to Persian Gulf so name it differently will get everyone mad here!
By the way it's a great country. It's very different than I was told. I'm happy I decided to visit Iran.

This president has gone above and beyond where nixon has gone. for heavens sake today he said he met the president of the virgin islands? I mean he definitely the dumbest. He wants to strip millions of healthcare, show's no indifference to the KKK, suggested curtailing the media, has an ongoing case of treason, benefits of taxpayers by visiting his own hotels....

And now, He decertifies a deal, which lets be honest he probably can't decertifiy unilateraly cause US was not the only party in the deal, which will provide no kind of assurance that if a country like north korea singed one they would be any mutual respect on the details.

In my opinion, he is one of the worst. Ofcourse, we are all valid to have our own opinions.
This is all incredibly shortsighted and ahistorical to just view this as an action of "Trump is the worst" because this is the culmination of decades of American policy/ It is the decisions of many much more intelligent actors (including Trump's chiefest rival to the presidency) that have brought this situation to where it is, ranging from the American-backed coup of Iran's democratically elected government to the invasion of Iraq. To just look at this situation and be like "wow Trump is a moron" downplays the role of American imperialism in driving states like Iran and North Korea to feel like they need nuclear weapons in order to preserve themselves.

SKINNER!

Banned
3SmOdxO.png

https://twitter.com/AndrewBeatty/status/918937053093683200

People in the gulf states probably asking themselves "Are we the baddies?" right about now.

Coupled with Israel and USA pulling out of UNESCO, it is blatantly obvious why the Iran deal is falling apart regardless of whether Iran kept to the terms. Its not rocket science. This seems very similar to the situation in Qatar where Trump's using his power to please his rich friends in SA, UAE and Israel (look up the personal relationship between Trump/Kushner and Bibi) without looking at the broader picture. And all this time people were laughing at why Iran was so paranoid and sceptical about the USA. Leadership in Iran have not been irrational since Ahmadinejad left office and yet they're still seen as untrustworthy even though they're compliant to the deal and cooperating with the IAEA.

...OK USA.

Euler007

Guys I'm in Iran these days as a tourist. The hate of Trump is at its pick here! Iranians are really sensitive to Persian Gulf so name it differently will get everyone mad here!
By the way it's a great country. It's very different than I was told. I'm happy I decided to visit Iran.

I thought for sure I was the only one on vacation here:)

Been watching France 24 talk about Trump's action. Seems the only thing he accomplished is pushing the US away from Europe, who got closer to Iran. Macron is considering coming to Tehran to meet with Rouhani.

Time to start trading oil in euros I guess.

oldsnakebro

Been watching France 24 talk about Trump's action. Seems the only thing he accomplished is pushing the US away from Europe, who got closer to Iran. Macron is considering coming to Tehran to meet with Rouhani.

Oh really ? :) You are in Tehran now?

Yeah US is really going to be isolated. Europe is with Iran this time...

Trading oil in euros and the US being pissed on you, where have i seen this happen earlier.

I agree with most of the points made in this thread except for the notion that Congress will make this right when it gets to them.

Half of Congress are staunchly Israel-first and the otherslove that AIPAC money. The same Congress where some members endorsed a bill to criminalize free speech criticizing Israel. I have no faith in Congress to do the right thing at all.

Aside from Israel, the US neocon cabal is pushing this too. They've all had a hard on for Iran for years. The Saudi's too, which brings me to another point...

US just looks plain stupid here. Criticizing Iranian elections while standing next to members of House of Saud and now threatening to decertify a deal when they admit Iran is honoring. No one will want to make agreements with non-agreement capable US because they'll just renege. Another example of US decline - still scoring own goals.

digdug2k

I'm so confused by the OP. Are we just going to have no sanctions in place, but not bother to keep they're nuclear program in check anymore? How is this not just a win-win for Iran?

Top Bottom