• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

oti

Banned
1534637715856832326.gif

Captain America = Trump
Russian dude = Russia
Iron Man = Rechtsstaat

How the fuck is THAT not clear-cut obstruction of justice? He got rid of Comey to try to make the investigation go away. The end. Lock him up.

CCS

Banned
To quote the British satirical programme Have I Got News For You, just now:

"President Trump is going abroad for a couple of weeks, to take the pressure off of him being such a fucking idiot"

Brewmont

Banned
Fahrenthold of WaPo tweeted that the day wasn't over yet.

Get ready for Happy Hour!

I read that tweet and it was attached to him retweeting the WaPo bombshell, which was the first time he tweeted about it, it seemed. I think he was referring to that report.

So I have been calling Comey "Little Finger" since end of the election becuase I thought nobody could guess his hands and that he was dangerous to the pissbaby administration.

It turns out that Comey is a straight up good guy the more you read about his stories. I guess he is not Little Finger, he is Jaime after all.

shiba5

I read that tweet and it was attached to him retweeting the WaPo bombshell, which was the first time he tweeted about it, it seemed. I think he was referring to that report.

Hmm... could be. I saw a retweet so assumed there was something else coming. Oh well, I'm totally satisfied with what we got today, and how they trolled the fuck out of Trump.

The "ferocious" inner politics between President Trump and his national security adviser, Gen. H.R. McMaster https://t.co/ZA7Qpfa8ny https://t.co/rEwDLsD5x7

Jeez. Trump got on the plane and everything is getting out
It was Bannon all along
Bannon is said to be "the biggest obstruction" to McMaster doing his job. In one recent situation, Secretary of Defense James Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and McMaster had agreed that they would provide a range of options for the President in terms of how to proceed in Afghanistan, including a modest increase in the number of US troops in Afghanistan.

But before McMaster could make the recommendation, the option of a troop buildup was leaked to the media, with part of the leak including that Bannon opposed such a move. The blowback from conservatives and others caused the recommendations to be delayed, and others who supported the move to get "skittish." The leak was perceived within the NSC as Bannon or his allies trying to stamp McMaster's name onto the proposal and to push back against it through the media.

An NSC spokesman disputed that version of events to CNN, saying that the strategy was still under review as principals address certain concerns. "It had nothing to do with the leak," the spokesman said.

Top Bottom