• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump would invite Putin to WH when time was right and other answers from AF1 gaggle

Tovarisc

All these quotes and statements are from gaggle Trump had with press on AF1 on route to France. It was off the record by instructions from Sanders.

Why quotes are being posted then?

Trump insisted that he wanted all that stuff to be on record and to be used by media. So enjoy...

-------------------
@POTUS via pool on DACA
DEo8yvQXsAAoB0E.jpg
Trump on plane over, on why he calls allegations of collusion with Russia a witch hunt:
Trump Don Jr.: ”he's a good kid" (he's 39 years old) and ”in a world of politics, most people are going to take that meeting"
On Don Jr, POTUS was asked if as a father he supported Don Jr. being willing to testify.
Trump on a solar border wall with holes and people getting hit on the head with 60 pounds of drugs
Trump on Chinese history and the White House
"A lot of the Democrats feel--they say, we're putting all our money into this Russia stuff and it's making Trump STRONGER,"
Trump on his interrogation of Putin about election interference
Trump won't say if he would sign Russia sanctions bill
@POTUS says Putin wasn't lying in his read-out of his meeting with Trump

@POTUS on Putin: "We did, I think, talk about the sanctions that Congress wants to pass, but it was very brief."

.@POTUS to pool on steel tariffs: "There are two ways -- quotas and tariffs. Maybe I'll do both."

.@POTUS to pool: "When they say "treason" -- you know what treason is? That's Julius and Ethel Rosenberg for giving the atomic bomb, okay?"

.@POTUS: "I'd say the only thing more difficult than peace between Israel and the Palestinians is healthcare."

-------------------

Sourcing is from...
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller
https://twitter.com/lrozen
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs

Yes, all those skyscrapers in Shanghai are modeled off the super-modern White House. I hear in Beijing, the buildings are all recreations of the nearly-as-modern Parthenon.

God almighty he is fucking stupid.

liquidtmd

Banned
“in a world of politics, most people are going to take that meeting”

In the world of Politics, many invariably probably do take clandestine meetings upon the possibility of getting material to smear your opponent.

It's the getting caught thats the problem.

If you take that clandestine meeting, and have it with a contact for the Russian Government and are part of a campaign who for the last year have been suspected of colluding with the Russian Government, and your dad is now President - you are fucked.

You deserve to be fucked.

A choir should sing the Hallelujah chrous as you are fucked and the man at the newsagents selling you post coital cigarettes should remind you the cigarettes come at a cost of extra fucking.

Fucked.

Equally - amazing lulz at the 'To them, it's a super modern building' paragraph. Even for him that's damn good

Shauni

I mean, man, that wall thing. It's going to be solar and see-through so we can see people lobbing 60 pounds of drugs over, or someone will, I guess? I mean, what in the world? I know it's Trump, but at least sometimes you can kind of see like a child like simplicity to his ideas. Like the idea of a solar powered wall is stupid and totally unworkable, but you can kind of see like a 'ah-ha, I have a great idea' from someone who doesn't know anything but thinks his idea is 'common sense', but that right there is like totally devoid from any kind of sense or context. Like, wow.

There is a lot of shit in here that is absolutely dumbfounding, but for some reason this one really stuck out to me.

.@POTUS: "I'd say the only thing more difficult than peace between Israel and the Palestinians is healthcare."

I cannot see how working to protect the health of your own citizens is as hard as an age old conflict with a lot of difficult nuances and perspectives. I mean I guess it is when you're in a party that literally wants to kill and torture all of the poor people, but still I can't believe that this is the stance that he and the GOP continue to take.

nelchaar

Did POTUS just seriously use "as cray as it sounds" in a real live presidential interview?

We really are total Idiocracy at this point. Save us Not-Owen Wilson.

TS-08

There is a lot of shit in here that is absolutely dumbfounding, but for some reason this one really stuck out to me.

I cannot see how working to protect the health of your own citizens is as hard as an age old conflict with a lot of difficult nuances and perspectives. I mean I guess it is when you're in a party that literally wants to kill and torture all of the poor people, but still I can't believe that this is the stance that he and the GOP continue to take.

I think he is joking about how hard passing a bill has been so far.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How can China have an 8000 year old culture if the world is only 6000 years old?

I think he is joking about how hard passing a bill has been so far.

I guess so. I'm just so jaded when it comes to anything he says that I probably irrationally see it in the most negative light possible. So far he's done nothing but support that approach but I guess even the biggest corrupt shitheads have some personal moments/jokes at times..

Window

Good god that passage about the wall. Just when I think I can't be anymore surprised by one of Trump's word salads he proves me wrong.

TS-08

No, he's not. He's said in the past a few times how difficult healthcare was a big surprise to him

The joke is that passing a healthcare bill is very hard. What he has said in the past is in line with that, it doesn't contradict it.

daveo42

Banned
I'm so glad Trump doesn't listen to anyone sane around him and just spews this stuff from his gaping maw constantly and all on record. Sounds like Jr takes after pops here too. At least Eric and Ivanka are smart enough to not say shit.

Shauni

The joke is that passing a healthcare bill is very hard. What he has said in the past is in line with that, it doesn't contradict it.

Why are you assuming it's a joke, though? Or do you think he was joking about healthcare being hard being a surprise to him?

jstripes

Banned
Does Trump ever think about what he's going to say before he says it?

Every fucking thing he says is a rambling stream of consciousness.

TS-08

Why are you assuming it's a joke, though? Or do you think he was joking about healthcare being hard being a surprise to him?

Because it reads like a joke. It is hyperbole to make a point about how hard the bill has been to pass. I know it's Trump, but even he is capable of a sense of humor. Now if some pool members come out and say they didn't think it was a joke, I'll defer to them.

Does Trump ever think about what he's going to say before he says it?

Every fucking thing he says is a rambling stream of consciousness.

When you've never faced consequences for your speech and have been taught that your every word is golden, you tend not to think before you spew.

I liken it to mansplaining extended to an obscene degree.

Shauni

Because it reads like a joke. It is hyperbole to make a point about how hard the bill has been to pass. I know it's Trump, but even he is capable of a sense of humor. Now if some pool members come out and say they didn't think it was a joke, I'll defer to them.

Literally everything that he says could be a joke. I mean, did you read his comments about the wall? I don't know really why you're singling out that part as an obvious joke. His comments in the past about healthcare and the 'surprisingly difficult' peace talks seem to correlate pretty well.

Tovarisc

Did POTUS just seriously use "as cray as it sounds" in a real live presidential interview?

We really are total Idiocracy at this point. Save us Not-Owen Wilson.

Well this was meant to be off the record, but today Trump insisted that media uses and releases this stuff making it on the record.

Oh god. Even reading that is headache inducing. 70% of it just fillers, digression and nonsense.

The fact that some people think he sounds smart is terrifyingly worrying.

TS-08

Literally everything that he says could be a joke. I mean, did you read his comments about the wall? I don't know really why you're singling out that part as an obvious joke. His comments in the past about healthcare and the 'surprisingly difficult' peace talks seem to correlate pretty well.

Well the wall is a bad example because he was literally asked if he was joking about the solar thing and he doubled down. And there's a difference between saying something dumb and saying something as a joke. Saying "the only thing more difficult than ________ is _________," is a pretty common cliche. It's like a brain surgeon saying "the only thing more difficult than brain surgery is getting my kids to clean their room!" It may not be that obvious in his example, but I think that's what he was going for. Obviously I could be wrong, but I "singled it out" because I was responding someone who took it seriously, and I think it may not have been.

How would trump know the other guy was playing on his iPhone.

giphy.webp

Getting hit with a sack of drugs on the border wall.

giphy.webp

Oh god, the way he asked putin about the elctions.

wow

Top Bottom