• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: "I never mentioned the word or name Israel"

Saganator

Wow, an entirely unforced error. Like, was the press even asking questions about that? Looks like he stopped everyone just to say that.

Pillville

Hahahahaha

Simpson gif for everything

576058.jpg

cirrhosis

If I was an intel source id be scrambling to do whatever it takes - to make any intel as vague as possible so I won't be outed in a future leak by the freaking POTUS. Take the money and run. Good grief.

Tovarisc

Wow, an entirely unforced error. Like, was the press even asking questions about that? Looks like he stopped everyone just to say that.

Aides and security was showing press pool out of the room and no one was shouting questions. Trump just dived in...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
"I told Bibi, "I never told them it was you guys", so how could the Russians know?"

So he's admitting to sharing intelligence then

It's not a crime for POTUS to share classified info because he has the power to declassify anything.

The problem is that he's sharing info from an ally without asking them permission. It's strongly implied that Israel doesn't want to share info with Russia who is supporting Iran.
This could lead to Israel--and others--holding on to intelligence.

He literally just outed Israeli intelligence assets in front of the Israeli Prime Minister's face. All to deny something of which he was never accused.

It's noon and I'm at work but I need a drink, goddammit.

Funny, I was just thinking this weekend that someone needs to look into liquor sales since Trump became president....

exfatal

Man with all the dumb shit he's done and will continue to do. I wonder if anyone here truly supports him still? :s

Cause my god is this man not even fit to run a Ant farm yet alone America

Condom

It's not a crime for POTUS to share classified info because he has the power to declassify anything.

The problem is that he's sharing info from an ally without asking them permission. It's strongly implied that Israel doesn't want to share info with Russia who is supporting Iran.
This could lead to Israel--and others--holding on to intelligence.

Yeah or Israel is playing Trump. More likely seeing as how unlike Trump's administration they aren't idiots. They knew he would spill the info. Bibi is just looking at how this dude is destroying his presidency, he can't wait on Pence to take over and attack Iran.

Kettch

I'm curious if any Republican propaganda outlets used this as a defense earlier. That's usually how these weird ideas get to Trump.

E-Cat

So the idiot just waited until he was in Israel to confirm publicly that the intelligence he leaked to the Russians was from Israel? Smrt.
Trump's shriveled prefrontal cortex literally couldn't stop his rambling, raving and foaming id from forming the sentences that came out of vocal cords. Unbelievable.

Zolo

I'm curious if any Republican propaganda outlets used this as a defense earlier. That's usually how these weird ideas get to Trump.

Actually, yeah. The defense from the whitehouse was that he didn't share any sources or methods. It seems Trump may have thought all he needs to do is talk about how he didn't share any sources or methods.

Do Better

"I'm kinda like a smart person."

Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States, explaining why he doesn't need to attend daily intelligence briefings.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
It's amazing to watch someone screw up so colossally on like four levels simultaneously on camera for the whole world to witness.

Trouble

Banned
The best thing is that he shushed the reporters to make sure they could all clearly hear what he was going to say. He actually thought this would ingratiate him with Netanyahu rather than making him look like a colossal idiot.

Yeah or Israel is playing Trump. More likely seeing as how unlike Trump's administration they aren't idiots. They knew he would spill the info. Bibi is just looking at how this dude is destroying his presidency, he can't wait on Pence to take over and attack Iran.

Trump is inching for war more than Pence would be, so I have no idea what you're thinking here.

Nekofrog

Banned
He always always sees a live microphone as an opportunity to show off his genius level iq. Fortunately for us he has the iq of a paramecium.

Bookoo

I'm confused. The media did report that Israel was the suspected source of this information?

Is it just the fact that they said it was an WH source but not Trump?

Pastry

Banned
I'm confused. The media did report that Israel was the suspected source of this information?

The media reported Israel was the suspected source.

Trump is accusing the media of claiming that he told Russia it was Israel, two different things.

E-Cat

The source could be inferred from the leaked information.

Trouble

Banned

The media never claimed that Trump said the source was Israel, just that he revealed classified information from a partner that he did not have permission to reveal.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
the best part for me is 'stops press pool leaving the room....'

he literally called them back to shoot himself in the foot.

while i hate this fool, I am getting more concerned for the senile angle. This will be his way out of prosecution if it goes that far most likely.

Bookoo

The media reported Israel was the suspected source.

Trump is accusing the media of claiming that he told Russia it was Israel, two different things.

I guess to me it seemed like they were splitting hairs. There were numerous articles about Israel being the suspected source and his qoute is sort of relating to that.

When I first saw an article like this I felt it was sloppy reporting and just gives people more of a reason to scream about the media bias.

Top Bottom