• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TWEWY: Solo Remix |OT| Déjà vu

Hylian7

It seems that a secret image from the secret ending has filtered (needless to say : spoiler) : http://i.imgur.com/oCjx9.jpg

Sequel Hook in Shibusa... But who is this chick ? The doll is the same as Shiki's, but I don't think that's her (real Shiki looks like this). She wears headphones, like Neku... Interesting. I wouldn't suggest that she's his younger sister, that would be far too simple, but since Neku lost his memories during the game until week 2, and since we don't know that much about his past... And, well, the doll could be a gift from Shiki. Anyhow, intriguing.

Iiiinteresting...Curious who this is. Did you actually see it in context or just it was found in the game's files or what?

Nohar

I found it while browsing new additions on the TvTrope page of TWEWY. I don't have the game on iOS, so I can't check this myself. I'm curious about the secret ending that I read about too: is it just this image, or is there something else beside this ?

Neo-iOS-GAFers, your input would be welcome once you manage to finish the game :)

And, yeah, the
"New 7 Days" highly suggests that a new game is in preparations.

And, yes, there's still the possibility that it's fake (I trust TvTropers, but, well, a Troper can be mistaken once in a while).

GSR

Could be fake, but it's quite well done if it is. Anyone else able to confirm, either by digging through the app or by finishing the secret ending?

Squire

Banned
oCjx9.jpg

Droplet

I'm just curious, but is there any specific reason why a developer would make a game available only for iPhone and not for iPod touch?

And Mr. Mew girl looks interesting. Excite!

Skilletor

I'm just curious, but is there any specific reason why a developer would make a game available only for iPhone and not for iPod touch?

And Mr. Mew girl looks interesting. Excite!

The iPod doesn't have as much RAM as the iPhone.

Somebody posted that people with jailbroken iPods had troubles running the game and that it crashed frequently.

heringer

Holy shit, there are actually people BEGGING for the potential sequel to not hit iOS.

I think people are begging not to be exclusive, which is a reasonable thing to wish if you don't have nor plan on having an iOS device.

I hope it releases for both platforms, and throw Vita in the mix too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lol, I'm glad I don't care about being spoiled by that image (thanks to those who still used spoiler tags though). Thankfully it isn't spoilerish to people who haven't played the game before either.

Anyway, done with the main story. Now on to DAT POST-GAME CONTENT, Another Day and maxing everything out.

Forgot to mention this in an earlier post but another minor change is for pins like 100 (Onmyo) and 146 (LIVE!) where you had to shout (or blow) into the DS microphone, now you have to
shake the device
. I don't mind this because even if the iPhone and iPad have mics I was never fond of having to blow with any DS game.

Going back to the rest of Hylian7's questions I couldn't answer last time:

-
Uzuki and Kariya fight: Part of the big deal about that fight was they were partners, had their own light puck and would even do fusion attacks. How is this handled in this version?
Uzuki fights you by herself until you get their HP down a bit, then she jumps out of the screen switching to Kariya. You reduce their HP some more, then she jumps back and you fight both at them at the same time onscreen for the remainder of the battle. Their fusion attack is still there.

-
That fox noise that turns to stone on one screen, while it can only be attacked on the other. How is that changed?

On the DS version it would turn to stone at the end of the battle on the screen where it reached 0 HP, then stay still and glowing on the other screen where you'd need to hit it so it'd die. iOS version it just dies normally when its HP ends.

-
The Konishi battle, so much of it involved doing separate things on the two screens. How did they handle this?
I'll describe the entire battle so it's easier.

First part, on the DS she was on the top screen only and you had to lead taboo noise to the white area to do damage with Neku (normal noise would heal her). On iOS she's down on Neku's screen but her body is translucent and you can't hit her while she's like that. You have to do the same thing with the Noises, but now you lead the Taboo Noise to the white area to make her body damageable.

After that you're thrown to the sky and you actually reach what was Beat's section on the DS. She keeps attacking you and teleporting her damageable body over the place while her clones attack you. During this part on the DS her real body would change to the upper screen if you were not fast enough, and Beat would have to attack so she got back to the lower screen.

In the third section you're back on the ground, which became white space entirely. She steals your pins and you have to keep trying to stay on top of her shadow so she can't make clones and do the spikes attack. Since you don't have any pins only Beat can damage her while you do the shadow thing, and he can't damage her if there's a clone out. So pretty much the same scheme as the DS version in this part but on a single screen.

Final part of the battle where you get the Rhyme pin, she becomes a tiny yellow light. Like in the DS, you can still pinpoint where she is by looking at Neku and Beat's shadows. The difference from the original is that now she'll try to hide inside a random clone. The clone where she's hidden will have a yellow light blinking from time to time, and you have to hit it so she comes out and you can damage her.

-
The final boss fight. In the original you would occasionally see arrows appear on the top screen telling you to hit one to get fusion stars for that partner's fusion attack.
No arrows anymore. After you get his HP down to certain points, Neku will do the fusion animation with one of the partners. At those moments the screen will show Kitaniji holding the imprisoned partners and one of them will be glowing. You have to do the input method of the glowing partner (tap for shiki, downwards swipe for Joshua and press for Beat) to unleash a fusion attack. If you do nothing when the characters are shown glowing, Kitaniji will heal HP instead.

(To anyone playing, the spoiler above has a tip for the last boss on the iOS version.)

Another difference is that,
during the first Anguis Cantus section of the fight, the bubble that would take Neku close to his mouth now takes him to what was the upper screen on the DS version. Kitaniji will start charging a fireball attack, and you have to try and break free of the ball before he unleashes it. You get back to the "bottom" screen by either doing a fusion or letting him attack with the fireball (you can dodge it after you're out of the bubble).

Some more questions, if you don't mind.

How does the Eden pin set work, now that there's no light puck?

On the same note, how do the
Taboo
noise work?

Can you not use LASS anymore?

How do you defeat the Pig noise that required you to
put the DS to sleep?

Fuu

Some more questions, if you don't mind.

On the same note, how do the
Taboo
noise work?

Can you not use LASS anymore?

How do you defeat the Pig noise that required you to
put the DS to sleep?
No prob. :) I meant to answer your question from yesterday about the Pig Noise but actually forgot to add it in my previous post.

I don't have the Eden pin set yet, I'll get back to you after I do the required evolutions.

Taboo Noise
: Now you deal with them by doing Cross Combos, which is the equivalent of passing the Puck from the DS version. To pull Cross Combos you have to alternate attacks between Neku and partner, and when you're doing it right you get a green light on the characters, allowing you to do more damage and raising your sync. Like on the DS version, normal attacks do
nearly insignificant damage against Taboo Noise, while cross combos/puck will deal more.

LASS is still possible and the abilites of the threads involved in the setups are all the same.

You defeat the
sleeping
Pig Noise by
turning off the device screen and turning it on again.

I'm kind of confused. Does the soundtrack in iTunes includes all the tracks, even the ones that weren't released before?

There seems to be difference from the international version and the Japanese version.

also

Banned
So, will anyone make a thread about the teaser for the sequel? I'm sure TWEWY fans would like to see it.

Jubern

I'm kind of confused. Does the soundtrack in iTunes includes all the tracks, even the ones that weren't released before?

There seems to be difference from the international version and the Japanese version.

There's no complete soundtrack as of now. The three albums on iTunes are:
- The original Japanese soundtrack, with some tracks that were removed for the EU/US version (like Fighting for Freedom) and on the contrary a bonus track that wasn't used in the JP version but inserted in the EU/US release (Emptiness and);
- The SubaSeka+TWEWY album that includes various remixes of the original JP songs + original and remixes of the new songs for the EU/US version;
- A "preview" version of the same album, with way less tracks and nothing original.

Fuu

- The original Japanese soundtrack, with some tracks that were removed for the EU/US version (like Fighting for Freedom) and on the contrary a bonus track that wasn't used in the JP version but inserted in the EU/US release (Emptiness and);
- The SubaSeka+TWEWY album that includes various remixes of the original JP songs + original and remixes of the new songs for the EU/US version;
- A "preview" version of the same album, with way less tracks and nothing original.
Just to add to this, the arrange album that includes the new iOS tracks is set to be released in October but I'm not sure if it will be hitting iTunes immediately.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SQEX-10337

Fuu

Can the iPhone version communicate with the iPad version for mingle PP? I'm guessing no.
Good question, I don't see any device specifications for mingle on the site or in the game help itself so I don't know. It will be super lame if you can't even do that, tell us the results if you get to try it!

heringer

Good question, I don't see any device specifications for mingle on the site or in the game help itself so I don't know. It will be super lame if you can't even do that, tell us the results if you get to try it!

I probably won't ever try it myself. I would flert with the idea of buying the iPhone version if I knew that was actually possible though.

If it's not, another reason to make Square's decision of not making the game Universal even more annoying.

Fuu

I probably won't ever try it myself. I would flert with the idea of buying the iPhone version if I knew that was actually possible though.

If it's not, another reason to make Square's decision of not making the game Universal even more annoying.
Not having Mingle PP attached to proper online modes is such a mind-boggling overlook that it even gives me some hope they may implement it for Tin Pin Slammer and friend cards with an update (how hard can this be). Even twitter-related stuff could net you MPP since they went through the trouble of adding that feature.

Oh, thanks. I was getting really confused with so many albums.

The one that was announced with the iOS verrsion is the "preview" version?

Fuu

Just tested the Eden set (Holy Field).

In this version it makes Neku invincible when you pull cross combos, shown by a round green glow around him. The glow lasts for a little bit after you stop doing combos so the attacking pin has time to recharge. Combos will also make the sync rate rise way faster while the set is equipped, making it possible to do fusion attacks more frequently.

After trying out an iphone version, I can't decide if I want to grab this on my iPad or just pick up the original for the DS again. Anybody have good experiences playing it on the 3DS? Should I just go for the iPad version? Any thoughts are appreciated

Wichu

After trying out an iphone version, I can't decide if I want to grab this on my iPad or just pick up the original for the DS again. Anybody have good experiences playing it on the 3DS? Should I just go for the iPad version? Any thoughts are appreciated

I played and beat it on the 3DS no problem. The pixel art suffers (you really want to use full screen rather than 1:1), but otherwise it's fine. Backgrounds, character portraits etc look good.

I played and beat it on the 3DS no problem. The pixel art suffers (you really want to use full screen rather than 1:1), but otherwise it's fine. Backgrounds, character portraits etc look good.

If one version was cheaper than the other it would be such an easy decision!

Also quick question, does the ipad version of this game have that little bubble in the bottom right that says 1x or 2x? Or is that just when you play iPhone games on the iPad? I saw somebody playing this today and it had that, thought it was odd

Also quick question, does the ipad version of this game have that little bubble in the bottom right that says 1x or 2x? Or is that just when you play iPhone games on the iPad? I saw somebody playing this today and it had that, thought it was odd

You only see the zoom when playing an iPhone game on iPad. The iPad native version does not have this.

It shouldn't actually be possible to play the iPhone version on iPad, unless jailbroken. The iPhone version doesn't even appear in the iPad's App Store.

Also, Twitter integration sure was a good idea:

BmMB8.jpg

Hylian7

So I found a video of the end credits floating around on YouTube.

They replaced "Lullaby for You"? This new song is good, but the old one was still better. I'm guessing it may have been a licensing issue though.

So I found a video of the end credits floating around on YouTube.

They replaced "Lullaby for You"? This new song is good, but the old one was still better. I'm guessing it may have been a licensing issue though.
Cant say Im a fan.The original is way better and fits the theme of the game. Maybe if I saw the lyrics written down.

Fuu

Got all the reports the other day, working on getting and mastering all the pins + other things now.

Cant say I remember what played there originally but I like the new song.
Iirc in the original it was "generic" battle songs like Hybrid and The One Star that played in the
Reaper Beat fights
. Now he has an exclusive track called Tatakai (Fight).

Cant say Im a fan.The original is way better and fits the theme of the game. Maybe if I saw the lyrics written down.
Since there's no official version of the lyrics that I know of yet, here's a first draft that pig-carol from tumblr wrote down. May be a little off but it seems right for the most part:

How do you feel being controlled, don’t you want out, break free?
How would you feel if there were no rules, what would you do? Tell me
I don’t have no pride, I don’t have no money, but I‘ve got these hands
I’m feeling alive, making a change, with my own hands

Come with me now, follow me, trust me
Time’s passing by, can’t afford hesitation
Oh have no fear, we’ve past our tears, yet we can make it
What’s left to do, let’s make our move, yeah here we go now

Run run far away, run run till to a better place
Somewhere we can laugh truth away

[change in tempo, more upbeat]

(Chorus: Run run *unintelligible words*)

Run run far away! They’re not gonna find us today
Maybe they can try another day
Give yourself a hug
No one’s gonna take it away
Nothing’s worth(?) it any other way

(La la la…)

Come with me now, follow me, trust me
Time’s passing by, can’t afford to hesitate

[sudden stop in music, vocals continue]

Oh, beautiful sky! Bright and with glee, smiling on me

[Music resumes, more upbeat than before]

Oh, beautiful world, shiny and free, it’s all for me
I don’t have no pride, I don’t have no money, but I’ve got these hands
I’m feeling alive, you’re right beside me, come on over here

[*sounds like Calling lyrics? IDK*]

Run run far away, run run to a better place
Run run far away, they’re not gonna find us today

Give yourself a hug
No one’s gonna take it away

Run run far away, run run to a better place

Run run far away, they’re not gonna find us today

[Music slows, song’s about to end]

Dear friends come with me, this time we can make it alive
Let’s meet on another tonight (??? I have no idea what that last line is)

Top Bottom