• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal Demo Impressions

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bmf7j.jpg

Mikey Jr.

We should make a new thread. This thread was about the lack of a demo on the store, and also discussion during the download.

The new one would be about the game.

Mikey Jr.

I picked Nuke first, I expect you all to do the same. I'll be the dude with pyro in his name.

Yes, I am going to pick an objective mode and play with people who probably don't even know how to shoot, let alone fully understand how to play nuke.

I am sure that will go swimmingly.

Double D

I posted something similar in the Amalur thread, but does anyone know if you can download this on a pc and install it to my PS3 via USB? My PS3 download speeds are completely atrocious (Have been downloading the Amalur demo since it has gone up on PSN. Yes. Literally. Yes, I have left the PS3 on that long. Yes, I have set up a DMZ).

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
They would release an online demo two days before I have two tests and and a quiz. :/

I'll try and resist playing this tonight. Can't wait to dive in for real on Friday!

BurningNad

Was stuck at 12% then chose to download in background. Now it's flying at almost 3 MB/s. AHHH I CANNOT TAKE THE SUSPENSE

augmental

I posted something similar in the Amalur thread, but does anyone know if you can download this on a pc and install it to my PS3 via USB? My PS3 download speeds are completely atrocious (Have been downloading the Amalur demo since it has gone up on PSN. Yes. Literally. Yes, I have left the PS3 on that long. Yes, I have set up a DMZ).

Good lawd...you are using wireless aren't you? I have a 40 gig fat and the wireless card is horrible. Get yourself a ethernet cable and it will be MUCH better.

There's so many weapons and different things you do, gonna take a while before you can do it all fluidly. Which is a good thing.

edit: first Nuke game starting up. Wooowooo.

Double D

Good lawd...you are using wireless aren't you? I have a 40 gig fat and the wireless card is horrible. Get yourself a ethernet cable and it will be MUCH better.

I've tried it, and it isn't any better. It's also been this way for two different PS3's in two different houses.

God damn this game is maniacally fast. I've always had trouble coping with the speed in this series.

Seems fun, pretty much feels to me just like all the others, though I'm not a TM scholar so some of the nuances are probably lost on me. The destruction is definitely a step up, lots of fun to plow through houses.

I'm just fucking around in the training, but so far the handling feels fantastic, particularly the sharp turning. Lots of shit bound to the controller, including a Sixaxis function for turbo dashing. Gonna take some time to get used to.

BHK3

Banned
Lost my first game because a connection issue happened or something, I saw the ethernet cable error icon on everyone and it ended right there.

ElRenoRaven

Oh god do I need to relearn the game. I'm playing the single player part and the AI is destroying me. Course it's all dogpiling on me but I'm in love.

Aesthet1c

So jealous :(

I'm unable to play this until I get home tonight, like 6 hours from now.

So stoked to hear some early impressions though!

ElRenoRaven

Oh yea. NOw I'm starting to get the hang of it. You have to remember to use your shields and freeze attacks without a doubt.

Top Bottom