• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Platinum: Twitch Develops a Gambling Addiction

Go on
Want to hear this

Hair pieces = Lucario's hair
Long sweeping hair = Milotic's hair
Fur around wrists / fur scarf = Roserade's flower hands
Hair over one eye = Spiritomb's single swirly eye
Dark flowing coat = Garchomp Tail / Arm fins

I just never gotten around to figuring out Togekiss, hence never thought past that in the theory lol.

PBalfredo

Hair pieces = Lucario's hair
Long sweeping hair = Milotic's hair
Fur around wrists / fur scarf = Roserade's flower hands
Hair over one eye = Spiritomb's single swirly eye
Dark flowing coat = Garchomp Tail / Arm fins

I just never gotten around to figuring out Togekiss, hence never thought past that in the theory lol.

Shouldn't the sixth design element be from Gastrodon? The yellow stripes on her hair dodads and shoes, perhaps.

Shouldn't the sixth design element be from Gastrodon? The yellow stripes.

No
Cynthia is secretly very VERY slimy
Like this
m59l.jpg

Shouldn't the sixth design element be from Gastrodon? The yellow stripes on her hair dodads and shoes, perhaps.

Oh yeah, forgot her design originally comes from Diamond/Pearl instead of Platinum lol. In Platinum she has a Togekiss and not a Gastrodon. So then yeah, the yellow stripes of the Gastrodon works with the yellow stripes in her hair pieces and shoes.

Just beat Pokemon Platinum. Really good game and the E4/Champion were harder than I anticipated! I got used to the cakewalks that were the Black 2/X E4.

Crayolan

Chat: "We beat the ledge! YES!"
Rhyhorn: "NO YOU DIDN'T!"

Just beat Pokemon Platinum. Really good game and the E4/Champion were harder than I anticipated! I got used to the cakewalks that were the Black 2/X E4.

Play Black 2 (or White 2) on challenge mode without using healing items in battle. It becomes a completely different game in terms of difficulty.

TrickRoom

Considering how the ledge managed to stall us until we had one Pokemon left, we're probably going to black out to a trainer the next two or three times we get past it.

Hopefully the principle of attrition will make it easier, and the levels that everyone gains will make it easier to survive... unfortunately, single levels tend to matter less lategame...

I know I know, just joking.

I looooooved the Emerald E4 attempts, so I don't mind if it takes 150 attempts to beat it this time.

This time we'll probably end up with 3 lvl 100 pokemon. Bronzong, Roserade and Flareon. Bibarel might be close. But for the most part those are the only pokemon that can pull weight.

This time we'll probably end up with 3 lvl 100 pokemon. Bronzong, Roserade and Flareon. Bibarel might be close. But for the most part those are the only pokemon that can pull weight.

I would say 006 has a higher chance as surf+waterfall can sweep most of Bertha and Flint

It might be Queen Sunbrella, Solareon, and 006

PBalfredo

Flareon's a fantastic lead for the E4, but we need to change the Battle Mode to Set, otherwise we're just going to keep switching out our pokemon after every KO.

Crayolan

Great to wake up to see not a single run has been as successful as our first one. It's like people completely forgot spamming b prevents switches. Also based on Flareon's level increase since last night it's clear Solareon will be our 2nd level 100 in TPP history...oh the irony.

Great to wake up to see not a single run has been as successful as our first one. It's like people completely forgot spamming b prevents switches. Also based on Flareon's level increase since last night it's clear Solareon will be our 2nd level 100 in TPP history...oh the irony.

I tried for hours to get them to press B but almost nobody did until we already switched to the worst possible Pokemon, then we consistently used B to prevent us from switching to something better. Also, using the set option won't help all that much considering most of the switching is due to trolls spamming the bottom right button.

PBalfredo

I tried for hours to get them to press B but almost nobody did until we already switched to the worst possible Pokemon, then we consistently used B to prevent us from switching to something better. Also, using the set option won't help all that much considering most of the switching is due to trolls spamming the bottom right button.

No, Set is a must. It's been key in every E4 run to date. There will be trolls hitting the Pokemon button sure, just like there were ones spamming right/down in previous generations. But when we get to the point that it appears to be THE URN, then the grand majority of chat starts to spam A (or in this case, the appropriate coordinates for our spammable move). Individual coordinates get ignored all the time, especially when a lot of inputs are being entered, so I wouldn't worry about a few troll inputs. Thinking the chat is somehow going to alternate between A and B flawlessly in Switch mode, however, if asking way way too much.

Hahaha, imagine telling everyone back in TPPRed that our 2nd level 100 would be a Flareon

They would first wonder how the hell we got through so many games, and then freak out at the fact
Btw, we REALLY shouldn't have this trouble with Aaron when Flareon is our first party member

Takashi

Shinx still hasn't had a chance to evolve lol. Shouldn't be taken out though; Venomoth proved it doesn't matter how useful you are on paper, you just never know what will happen.

And you guys weren't kidding about possible multiple pokemon at lvl 100. I have a feeling Bibarel will catch up quick (maybe get there first), with Bertha and Flint to get exp from.

I'm pumped, even before the game started, we wanted the elite 4. We need to evolved MacDeadweight over here. He could actually do something against Togekiss.

A Crobat wouldn't hurt either.

Alright this should be easy.

Flareon sweeps Aaron
Rosesade sweeps Bertha
Bibarel sweeps Flint
Bronsong payback should deal with Lucian.

Crayolan

I see we finally switched battle mode to set. That should eliminate 50% of our dumb switches thankfully. Flareon will be 100 in no time now.

Alright this should be easy.

Flareon sweeps Aaron
Rosesade sweeps Bertha
Bibarel sweeps Flint
Bronsong payback should deal with Lucian.

I think the idea is Flareon sweeps Aaron, switch to Bibarel ASAP vs Bertha then spam Surf, let Flareon die vs Flint (for now, when Bibarel is higher level we will probably try to switch first turn too) then switch to Bibarel, spam Waterfall, and hope we don't get burned, then let Bibarel die vs Lucian and switch to Bronzong who can hopefully sweep.

Then we die repeatedly against Cynthia with no hope of ever winning.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Touch screen is great for putting in the right attacks, but when trolls keep switching pokemon, we waste turns and get the wrong attacks in :|

Shinx either evolve or get out. You are too immature bro, Flareon is rolling with Bieberel now, the voices don't like you either. Evolve or GTFO!!

Crayolan

We need Roserade against bertha because she is getting underleveled compared to the lovers.

Yea you're probably right. But if we really cared about leveling our underleveled pokemon we would switch Golbat to the front and grind him till he can solo Aaron (and possibly evolve) so we can save Flareon for Cynthia, who's a lot more useful against her than Roserade.

Knowing TPP though, they'll keep this strategy going until Flareon and Bibarel hit 100 and then realize they can't beat Cynthia with their 2 greatest weapons against her dead before we even reach her.

Top Bottom