• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Platinum: Twitch Develops a Gambling Addiction

PBalfredo

kTYY5IR.png

This is one operation I fully support. Let's break some barriers.

backlot

I say Ponyta is the best bet. We don't have to worry about missing its best moves if we don't evolve it. But we'll probably just catch more Bidoof.

PBalfredo

Both are good choices. Rapidash fits Napoleon well and has tons of attacks, while Houndoom also gets good Dark types attacks.

Ironjam

Houndoom, rosarade, staraptor and luxray would be a solid team. We would only neeed to catch a Gible and get a water hm slave and we would be set. :p
We aint getting either a roserade or a staraptor. :(

Houndoom, rosarade, staraptor and luxray would be a solid team. We would only neeed to catch a Gible and get a water hm slave and we would be set. :p
We aint getting either a roserade or a staraptor. :(

We can get Altaria. It's no where as good but it works.

Just realized that its entirely possible that we may have 2/3 of Cynthia's team at the end of this

We have a budew that's our current powerhouse, a riolu we get from an egg from riley, a togepi from an egg from cynthia, and a gible from an early game route that chat may want to go after

We also have other event and gift pokemon, Rotom, Giratina, Azelf (hoping for this), Uxie, and Eevee (hoping for Jolteon finally, but would be fine with most choices. Thunder and fire stone may be too hard to get given their positions)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Been getting "Sorry, we were unable to connect to chat. Reconnecting in 2 seconds." the past few hours every time I want to input something. Meh.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Been getting "Sorry, we were unable to connect to chat. Reconnecting in 2 seconds." the past few hours every time I want to input something. Meh.

You've been globally locked out for 8 hours due to spam :) This happens automatically whenever you exceed 20msg/30 seconds.

MEH. And they don't do anything about obvious trolls.

lestar

wikyzTQ.jpg

this is epic, I like the runs with crappy 'mons at the beginning that turn into heroes at the end, I hope we can keep this team to the end, yes, even bidoof for lore sake

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It is lost on me and I am stunned and amazed that any progress whatsoever could be made in a videogame this way.

backlot

You know, there are some pretty good TMs coming up we could teach to Budew. We don't have to worry about them being replaced by level up moves either...

You know, there are some pretty good TMs coming up we could teach to Budew. We don't have to worry about them being replaced by level up moves either...

Which one?

Also I'm loving Napoleon, very refreshing after A psychotic personality and Alice acid trip.

Wish we didn't have such crappy pokes.

Edit: Hey! We are at Gardenia's, what are we going to do?

They just forgot bite for roar. It amazes me how they always make the wrong move choice. They never learn good moves and always replace their only attacks with useless stuff.

Crayolan

That Gardenia battle was so hype. We probably would've won if we had paralyzed Roserade from the beginning. Sucks that we lost Bite, but Chat now wants to try a stealth rock+roar combo, which might actually be decent.

Budew has probably outleveled any potential for it to be useful even if we do somehow magically manage to get it to evolve, which would have to be before level 40 because it's only remaining attack move left to learn would be Petal Dance. Mega/Giga Drain, Grasswhistle, and Magical Leaf aren't possible anymore. It couldn't kill Roserade just chipping away with a fully growth buffed absorb. We're better off catching a wild Roselia at this point.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call really close battles where we have to use strategy to win boring. That was honestly one of the best gym TPP gym battles in a long time, probably the best one since the twins in Emerald.

Maybe a bit too long there? You can at least put it in quotes.
That battle was nothing but frustration. We eventually brute forced our way into winning with over-leveled crap. They talked about using a stealth rock/roar combo but that never happened. Instead, they just spammed absorb until budew died. I feel like the runs never get good until demo is reinstated.

kyo2004

Maybe a bit too long there? You can at least put it in quotes.

Noted... post edited with the quotes (saves a 20% of space... xD)...

2 badges today?... and i missed both?... :/... at least we have a "decent" team lv with horrid movepool... xD

Crayolan

That battle was nothing but frustration. We eventually brute forced our way into winning with over-leveled crap. They talked about using a stealth rock/roar combo but that never happened. Instead, they just spammed absorb until budew died. I feel like the runs never get good until demo is reinstated.

Well we couldnt use roar+stealth rock because we accidentally sent out Budew first. So instead, we used Stun Spore>max SPATT with Growth>Absorb spam. The fact that we're even able to do that in anarchy is pretty crazy IMO.

But if you think team optimization is more entertaining that's fine; personally that's exactly what I'd call "brute force." I see what we're doing now as winning with underdogs and I love it. Not that I wouldn't like our pokemon to evolve, but I'm not too bothered by them being stuck at their base evolutions.

Can a lvl 100 Budew, Bidoof and Shinx beat Cynthia...

Of course under the assumption complete disasters occur and we don't get anymore pokemon

Well we couldnt use roar+stealth rock because we accidentally sent out Budew first. So instead, we used Stun Spore>max SPATT with Growth>Absorb spam. The fact that we're even able to do that in anarchy is pretty crazy IMO.

But if you think team optimization is more entertaining that's fine; personally that's exactly what I'd call "brute force." I see what we're doing now as winning with underdogs and I love it. Not that I wouldn't like our pokemon to evolve, but I'm not too bothered by them being stuck at their base evolutions.
Don't forget tons of water sport. And yeah team optimization is by far my favorite part of TPP.

DAMN
Yeah, I dont undertand the compalints
So what if we have absorb only, we had to do similar with quick attack and gust in gen 1

ALSO
We have these STAB tms coming up
Just got Grass Knot (weak against lower weight pokemon, STRONG nagainst higher weight pokemon) from Gardenia
Bullet Seed
Giga Drain

Solar Beam (department store though)
Sludge Bomb (Galactic Warehouse, iirc, its an easy get, but is late game)

Top Bottom