• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter User shows how easy it is to trick people into thinking they are a Leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

This is the same guy who leaked the Nintendo direct 3 days before.

--------
Edit:

Turns out the guy did it to expose how media uses shittty sources, well thats what he says. Its fake anyway

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
One of the most successful FPS games of all time it’s offensive there hasn’t been an HD port of Goldeneye

James Bond N64 GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Only xbox and switch? No ps? Who owns the rights?
Basically the rights to the game are split between Nintendo & Rare (MS) and the James Bond estate. All signs point towards an imminent release: Xbox full achievement list on the database complete with images and game thumbnail and renewed trademarks, Nintendo paying to successfully appeal a ban on the game in Germany etc.

Dream-Knife

Banned
One of my favorite games ever and my first FPS.

I really hope this isn't locked to that expansion pass. Hopefully it comes to PC in that case.

MS also needs to port the PD remake to PC too.

Last edited:
Another Fire Emblem in the second half of the Year

What are you doing step-Nintendo :messenger_persevering:

EDIT: Fuck, but still :messenger_persevering:

Last edited:

Quasicat

Although it sucks that he was a fake, his last couple of predictions seem very believable.
There is so much proof that Goldeneye is coming to both the Switch and Xbox sooner rather than later, plus the WiiU ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are safe since there are already so many ports from last gen.

Banned
One of the most successful FPS games of all time it’s offensive there hasn’t been an HD port of Goldeneye

James Bond N64 GIF

I mean, tell that to Nintendo lol.

The XBLA goldeneye is amazing (HD, 60fps). I would never play an (untouched) N64 version ever again.

same, and even to a bigger extend for Perfect Dark HD... still in my opinion a textbook remaster of a game. such absolute perfection.
even tho they remade every single asset from scratch they, managed to make the game look presentable on an HD TV but also keep the style perfectly faithful.

PD HD basically looks like what your rosetinted childhood memories tell you the original looked like

4J Studios doesn't get nearly enough credit for that remaster!
they also never got much praise for their PS3 port of Oblivion, which was an early PS3 game and was superior to the 360 version in every way (better textures, draw distance, performance, lighting, shadows etc.), which was unheard of at the time and very rare even in the later years of that generation

Last edited:

Banned
Homie said Xbox and Nintendo exclusive. I dont think he had it in him anymore.

if GoldenEye HD will ever be released it will almost 100% be Nintendo and Xbox exclusive. Nintendo seems to own some of it, and so does Microsoft of course, so this would make the most sense, especially knowing why it was cancelled last minute in the first place.
it was cancelled because the HD remaster could not run on the Wii, and so Microsoft's offer was that Nintendo could release the N64 version on Virtual Console instead, which Nintendo of course declined as they would get the shitty ROM re-release while Microsoft had the shiny new version on 360.

Do the enemies still have a constipated look on their face?

Nintendo and Ms must dig through some license doo doo to get this released.

if GoldenEye HD will ever be released it will almost 100% be Nintendo and Xbox exclusive. Nintendo seems to own some of it, and so does Microsoft of course, so this would make the most sense, especially knowing why it was cancelled last minute in the first place.
it was cancelled because the HD remaster could not run on the Wii, and so Microsoft's offer was that Nintendo could release the N64 version on Virtual Console instead, which Nintendo of course declined as they would get the shitty ROM re-release while Microsoft had the shiny new version on 360.
Nah. Rare doesn’t own shit. Nintendo just owns the original code. Eon gives the go ahead. And the lady in charge is picky.
CT: Yeah, I think somebody [at Nintendo] found out about it. That’s the only explanation.

So after a decade of speculation, can you finally give us the definitive answer: why was GoldenEye XBLA cancelled?

CT: From our side, we just heard that one group didn’t want to do it anymore – or was unhappy that the game that they believed originated on their platform was going over to Xbox. I can understand it. If you look at it from a purely mechanical point of view, Nintendo paid for the game originally for their platform – it wouldn’t have existed without them.

ME: Nintendo bought the license for the original game and then basically paid Rare to make the game for them. It wasn’t published or owned by Rare in any way.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Do the enemies still have a constipated look on their face?

Nintendo and Ms must dig through some license doo doo to get this released.
Bro!!! =)

Im glad that Nintendo and Microsoft have the honor in get Goldeneye....

Playstation with Jim Ryan, he doesn't deserve it.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I'm not sure how he thinks he's exposed anything. Unlike his con, most of these so called insiders publicize their 'leaks' ahead of announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom