• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new Killer Instinct characters leaked

It's a shame what happened with this game. The S1 art direction was consistent and every character had a solid design, but since S2 it went downhill with things like the TJ Combo poor redesign or Aganos (it still had some good ones like Riptor or Hisako tho). The S3 just confirms this fact.

Sydle

Mira looks great even though that's probably an unfinished model. Glad we're getting a vampire.

I will say I'm a bit bummed about RAAM only because it means one less original IG creation. Oh well, hopefully it will do some good in terms of driving some GoW fans in to try him out.

Warxard

Banned
I honestly feel that if Season 3 is going to wrap up the story, yet all of the KI guests are non-canon to the story then their involvement in the roster is admittedly kind of weak.

But, if the whole 'Gargos and Eyedol' not being playable thing is true then I can see them being replaced with new characters instead.

The last three characters have to be new at least

It's a shame what happened with this game. The S1 art direction was consistent and every character had a solid design, but since S2 it went downhill with things like the TJ Combo poor redesign or Aganos (it still had some good ones like Riptor or Hisako tho). The S3 just confirms this fact.

I'm pretty sure that an opinion on an art direction of a fighting game doesn't just become a fact because you don't like it.

I honestly agree with people not liking Cinder but I'm not sure what people were expecting out of TJ Combo. He's a black boxer. You either gotta go completely safe or go completely stereotypical with those characters because there isn't a single fighting game developer alive capable of making a black boxing character that isn't a trope of absolute nonsense. It's impossible. Dudley will likely be the exception to the rule for the rest of time.

Mira is cool, i was expecting a vampire at some some point

but RAAM why? like this game didn't need any more guest characters

no season 1 also had very bad art direction with most people not liking any character design (expect thunder and maybe orchid)

I think guest characters can be cool if done properly. But RAAM? Do people actually like this character? I honestly had no idea as I hadn't thought about him since... 2007? Whatever, I'll buy all this anyway, game is pretty fun.

daman824

These characters aren't finished guys, one of the pictures of Mira is pretty much a re-textured Maya.

Also, while I'd prefer a new character to RAAM, we have no idea how he plays. So people already going "still not a character who interests me" should probably wait a bit

Edzi

The Vampire looks cool. Never played GoW, but weren't people joking about him being in the game? He looks lame as hell.

But whatever, just hurry up and let me play it on my PC.

Zeta Oni

i'm not asking why RAAM was picked over other gow characters, i'm asking why he is even in the game at all

Because gears of war 4 comes out this year.

Because gears of war UE just dropped on W10 and came out on Xbox last year

Because he's the most well known villain of the series (to the general masses)

Because some people think he's a dope ass character

Because using guest characters allows for free marketing by introducing an audience that previously might not have been interested

Because creating from scratch takes alot more time and effort and IG is not that big of a team and don't have an amazing budget

Because its a MS first party fighter

Because....because.

Playsage

So the known characters from S3 to this point are...

Originals:
- Kim
- Tusk
- Mira

Guests:
- Rash
- Arbiter
- General Raam

right?

I'd expect a 4th guest character if I were you guys...

Sydle

Originals:
- Kim
- Tusk
- Mira

Guests:
- Rash
- Arbiter
- General Raam

right?

Gargos has to be in, right? They've been referencing him for the last two seasons. That leaves one more spot.

If it's a guest character then I'd prefer Joanna Dark.

EDIT: My guess is that there is another original character. I think additional characters (Shadow Orchid?) and guests (Joanna Dark, Edgar from Phantom Dust, et al) will come in post-season 3 packs.

Sponge

Banned
Mira is cool! Killer Instinct has a lot of cool female characters and it's awesome we finally got a Vampire.

General RAAM is cool too, best pick for a Gears character if you had to pick one.

I don't mind the guests. It's not like they're outrageously out of place. They're all video game characters, and unlike something like Scorpion in Injustice, they don't stick out any more than the other characters do; KI hasn't ever exactly maintained a super consistent aesthetic or tone, it's part of the charm.

Anyway, RAAM could be very cool depending on his moveset, and I like Mira's design (though she'd better have some kind of tuxedo costume). I am happy with this news.

Oh, and Mira's look reminds me of Hawke from DA2 for some reason. I think it's the slab/spike look of the armor.

I am liking all the guests but I am betting this would look better if the guests came one a season, like S1 Rash, S2 Arbiter and S3 RAAM

VariantX

Originals:
- Kim
- Tusk
- Mira

Guests:
- Rash
- Arbiter
- General Raam

right?

Guest characters are cool and all, but I don't want a significant chunk of the roster to be filled with characters that either can't intergrate themselves into the story for the long haul, nor can't be counted on to return for the sequel due to adding more things outside the developers control.

I don't want any guests in the game. Just make up some new ones or keep revamping the past. I just want more goofy archetypes done in a cool way as the series was intended to be done.

Dai101

Banned
I don't want any guests in the game. Just make up some new ones or keep revamping the past. I just want more goofy archetypes done in a cool way as the series was intended to be done.

Those are over. Kim and Tusk were the last ones (not counting Gargos and Eyedol) So they need to pad the roster.

pizzacat

Banned
It's looking nice, bought season 1 and 2 and haven't been able to dive deep into it because of controller issues but with PC on the horizon my stick will finally work

DedValve

Banned
So uh...if Mira is Mayas twin sister...why is she white?

Still Mira's design is slick as hell. Pls turn into bats. Pls turn into bats. Pls turn into bats. Plst turn into bats. For the love of Nosferatu turn. into. bats.

Top Bottom