• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new Killer Instinct characters leaked

Salty Hippo

Lol @ some hating on Mira's UNFINISHED design. This was leaked, not announced. And it looks pretty decent as it is.

I now see why people didn't want this thread made.

I don't get all the bitching over guest characters. If they are fun to play and attract new players to KI then I think it's a win win. Also I really want Forza Car in the game!

Aranjah

As far as guest characters, I'm still waiting for Mighty Bottles.

bottleski3a.jpg

I just want these two ;~;

Yeah, that would be neat. Actually, the character designs of Phantom Dust are perfect for a traditional one-on-one fighter.

Wonder what Shadow Lords mode is all about, but I really want them to set the game up for a fourth season that introduces a proper tag-in mode.

Zubz

Banned
Damn. I was really hoping that the vampire character would look more bestial than human.

I had also hoped that Arbiter was the last guest, but Raam doesn't look too bad. Let's just hope he's the last one this season.

The Flash

Banned
why General RAAM? he's a shitty character.

Because gears of war 4 comes out this year.

Because gears of war UE just dropped on W10 and came out on Xbox last year

Because he's the most well known villain of the series (to the general masses)

Because some people think he's a dope ass character

Because using guest characters allows for free marketing by introducing an audience that previously might not have been interested

Because creating from scratch takes alot more time and effort and IG is not that big of a team and don't have an amazing budget

Because its a MS first party fighter

Because....because.

Jarlaxle

I don't get all the bitching over guest characters. If they are fun to play and attract new players to KI then I think it's a win win. Also I really want Forza Car in the game!
It's a win win for the developer but for people that would prefer to see new interesting characters it's a bit of a bummer. Even if RAAM has an interesting play style I probably won't play him because I think he's lame as fuck.

Warxard

Banned
Come to think about it Cole would be a much better character to put in KI in Gears

Thrashball tackles and takedowns, he could be an incredible grappling types

TDLink

The Guest characters are great. People are being dumb. They already have included practically everyone from the old games. The couple that they haven't could still be announced for this season or they'll come next season. Either way I'm sure they will get into the game since there are literally only 2 left. They're still making brand new characters as well. Even in this leak Mira is a brand new character. The guests are few in number and a small part of the total roster. Each one fits into KI anyways and still bring new and unique movesets. They also have the benefit of potentially attracting fans of those franchises to this game when they otherwise wouldn't be interested.

I know personally I didn't give a shit about Killer Instinct at all. I had 0 interest in it. But when I saw that Arbiter got announced I suddenly started looking into it and watching videos and tournaments. As a fan of fighters I realized I've been missing out and am not looking forward to the PC release. But...none of that would have happened if the Arbiter announcement hadn't piqued my curiosity.

Guests are a good thing. Especially since they actually fit into this game (rather than say....Star Wars in Soul Calibur).

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Lol @ some hating on Mira's UNFINISHED design. This was leaked, not announced. And it looks pretty decent as it is.

I now see why people didn't want this thread made.
Yep.

Unfinished and served up to be trashed. I hate the UI in its current state but understand this is from a build no one was EVER supposed to see.

Lock this thread up if you ask me.

Dai101

Banned
Damn. I was really hoping that the vampire character would look more bestial than human.

I had also hoped that Arbiter was the last guest, but Raam doesn't look too bad. Let's just hope he's the last one this season.

For all we know she probably is more bestial and uses her powers to look like that

tumblr_n4d1pm3YAy1rv2fzxo9_400.gif

Just like Demitri Maximoff

JaggedSac

For everyone wondering why so many guest characters...take a look at SFV sales. KI is neither SF nor MK, so it needs all the help it can get.

For everyone wondering why so many guest characters...take a look at SFV sales. KI is neither SF nor MK, so it needs all the help it can get.

Ehhh SFV sales was more due to its fucked up launch rather than interest. But still the complaints about guest characters are stupid tho. There are plenty of new characters and all the fan favorites are there so there is nothing wrong with having a few guest characters in. This isn't MK where there are still a whole bunch of characters that could of been put in over the guest characters.

KAOS

The guest characters don't really bother me that much. What irks me more is that we are only getting 3 measely new fighting stages... 3 MEASELY FIGHTING STAGES!!!

Backgrounds matter they always have and nothing disclosed so far justifies them not continuing with what was done in S1 & S2!

C4Lukins

Of all the characters to pick, they pick Raam?

Well all the protagonists in Gears would essentially be the same gameplay wise. Chainsaw guns and spiked grenades. With Raam you have those elements plus some Krill attack moves and maybe him using some of the lesser enemies in the Gears franchise for various attacks. He has a lot of potential as far as gameplay options even if he is not one of the best characters in the franchise.

The guest characters don't really bother me that much. What irks me more is that we are only getting 3 measely new fighting stages... 3 MEASELY FIGHTING STAGES!!!

Backgrounds matter they always have and nothing disclosed so far justifies them not continuing with what was done in S1 & S2!

While I agree that I would like to see more new stages, they are doing plenty to justify why there are not more new stages. New modes, revamped graphics engine stuff, new UI, continued character balance, story mode stuff and so on. It is not like they are just doing 8 characters and 3 new stages. They are doing a lot of stuff that requires resources for this season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well all the protagonists in Gears would essentially be the same gameplay wise. Chainsaw guns and spiked grenades. With Raam you have those elements plus some Krill attack moves and maybe him using some of the lesser enemies in the Gears franchise for various attacks. He has a lot of potential as far as gameplay options even if he is not one of the best characters in the franchise.

And he's also another massive character

He's taller than the arbiter

shoreu

Gargos has to be in, right? They've been referencing him for the last two seasons. That leaves one more spot.

If it's a guest character then I'd prefer Joanna Dark.

EDIT: My guess is that there is another original character. I think additional characters (Shadow Orchid?) and guests (Joanna Dark, Edgar from Phantom Dust, et al) will come in post-season 3 packs.

Eydol and fuck that Shadow SabreWulf!!!!!

Top Bottom