• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. to Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital

The only group that has a free past of atrocities in the world of the recent history are western nations lead by white people.

Get this straight in your mind first.

Not sure where you picked up this alternative fact or what you mean by "recent", but I'm curious to know which western nations you're talking about?

base

Banned
Sounds like we're pretty against this.
I said they 'should' but as always they did otherwise. We should expect more refugees coming from that region soon.

There will be no peace in that region. Those people only understand violence, so we should present it to them. Sorry, but sometimes options are very limited.

Dunki

It's not much of a question since they've already said why, you can google real quick.

Plus, no one aside from Trump really wants to wade too deep into Israel's conflict with the Palestinian's - a real problem being that our elected officials are incapable of directly condemning the state's atrocities.

Since you asked though Dunki, if you don't believe any of the European countries condemning this move or say, the UN, actually believe this is say "wrong", do you really believe Trump is doing this because it's "right"?

Trump does this because he cares about Jewish people and because he wanted to do this duing the election. For the last like 20 years presidents wanted this.

I do not like Trump but I think this was the right decision. Especially when I see the reactions from Radical Islamist. Even in Germany they burned flags and wanted jews dead during a protest. Why should I listen to these assholes? Why should I listen to Erdogan or Iran? Meanwhile its pretty calm in Jerusalem itself. The only one who are actually causing trouble are Islamists. And Islamists are the ones European politicians fear the most right now.

base

Banned
I agree. They shouldn’t do what they want because one guy smashed up a shop. They should be put into camps where they can be controlled.
Oh you snap.

Supporting Israel means the West has control over the Middle East. I assume you've already heard about Iran and their nasty plan of building some really nasty stuff? But that's just one of them, there are many more. All of them truly "loving peace".

Pomerlaw

Oh you snap.

Supporting Israel means the West has control over the Middle East. I assume you've already heard about Iran and their nasty plan of building some really nasty stuff? But that's just one of them, there are many more. All of them truly "loving peace".

Yeah if they could just be seeding peace and democracy like the US does.

Come on man. No one likes extremists except extremists themselves.

Whatever your principles are, this decision makes the world more dangerous today than it was a week ago.

base

Banned

Whatever your principles are, this decision makes the world more dangerous today than it was a week ago.
OK, what do you suggest then? We let the Palestinians to make more suicide attacks every day?

Dude Abides

Banned
Oh you snap.

Lol yeah the west really has control of the middle east.

Who’s the them? Swarthy types?

Dunki

But this danger comes from radicals. It is like the "do not poke a hornet's nest" excuse. No you burn it. Jerusalem itself is peaceful so far.

Also having protestors in Germany shout Death to jews is kind of scary in its own.

TTOOLL

I agree. They shouldn’t do what they want because one guy smashed up a shop. They should be put into camps where they can be controlled.

Yeah yeah, it's only one guy lol. The simple fact that there are violent reactions and threats by radicals is enough for not supporting them in any way.

llien

yea 2 years later, after 2 wars, in 1949, Israel signed separate armistices with Egypt on 24 February, Lebanon on 23 March, Transjordan on 3 April, and Syria on 20 July. This is the map and I believe its pretty close to the borders today.
Cia-is-map2.png

I'm not sure I follow on the armistices argument, but on the border part, it has been pushed again in 1967, mostly around Jerusalem.

Later on, the wall pushed it even further.

Leyasu

Banned
Trump does this because he cares about Jewish people and because he wanted to do this duing the election. For the last like 20 years presidents wanted this.

I do not like Trump but I think this was the right decision. Especially when I see the reactions from Radical Islamist. Even in Germany they burned flags and wanted jews dead during a protest. Why should I listen to these assholes? Why should I listen to Erdogan or Iran? Meanwhile its pretty calm in Jerusalem itself. The only one who are actually causing trouble are Islamists. And Islamists are the ones European politicians fear the most right now.

No, trump did this, because some of his biggest financial backers during the election campaign want this. Trump cares for no one

Dunki

No, trump did this, because some of his biggest financial backers during the election campaign want this. Trump cares for no one

Or maybe because his family members are also Jews. I think this is not some charade here and he really cares for them. But everyone has its own opinions.

diabl0

https://youtu.be/TwI5rK5fVgI

This is what happened 2 days ago in Amsterdam. Still want to let the Palestinians do what they want?

THATS your argument? I rather take that then the suffering Palestines go through daily from Zionist dogs. Heres a tip of the ice burg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdnXMBpKrMg

Wake me up when your kid dissappears for no reason and bashed and bruised by the so called 'most moral' army in the world.

Middle finger to trump, and zionists, and the people who are actually trying to defend this movement. You think this is about muslims? Clearly you dont know Palestinians are multi cultured, including muslims, christians, and athiests.

Leyasu

Banned
Or maybe because his family members are also Jews. I think this is not some charade here and he really cares for them. But everyone has its own opinions.

Whatever. To associate this with compassion just screams naivety.

I'm sorry if it seems like I am singling you out btw

KiLLaDeZo

THATS your argument. I rather take that then the suffering Palestines go through daily from Zionist dogs. Heres a tip of the ice burg:

Wake me up when your kid dissappears for no reason and bashed and bruised by the so called 'most moral' army in the world.

Middle finger to trump, and zionists, and the people who are actually trying to defend this movement. You think this is about muslims? Clearly you dont know Palestians are multi cultured, including muslims, christians, and athiests.
THIS.

Dunki

Whatever. To associate this with compassion just screams naivety.

I'm sorry if it seems like I am singling you out btw

I would say it is both. Hate of Muslims and caring about the Jewish people. But I do not think it is because his investors wanted it.

Boss Mog

I don't even understand the problem. Congress passed a law 22 years ago called the Jerusalem Embassy Act, which declares Jerusalem the capital of Israel. Presidents Clinton, Bush II and Obama all reaffirmed this and vowed to move the US embassy there during their campaigns. Even as recently as 6 months ago the Senate voted 90 to 0 in favor of continuing to recognize Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel. The only difference with Trump is that he's actually following the law and keeping his campaign promise contrarily to his predecessors.

It seems these days the regressive left's policy is to hate Israel and blindly support the Palestinians cause they're "brown". However I don't view things like that despite leaning to the left and not liking Trump.

Dude Abides

Banned
It seems these days the derp right’s policy is to blindly support Israel and hate the Palestinians for no reason other than they’re Arab and some are Muslim.

base

Banned
THATS your argument? I rather take that then the suffering Palestines go through daily from Zionist dogs. Heres a tip of the ice burg:

Middle finger to trump, and zionists, and the people who are actually trying to defend this movement. You think this is about muslims? Clearly you dont know Palestinians are multi cultured, including muslims, christians, and athiests.
Do I have to remind you that this is the Middle East where children use guns and are used in terrorist attacks? The same goes for Africa. Look at Iran, Iraq, Jemen and many other countries in the region. They support the terrorists like ISIS, Hamas, etc.

llien

Do I have to remind you that this is the Middle East where children use guns and are used in terrorist attacks? The same goes for Africa. Look at Iran, Iraq, Jemen and many other countries in the region. They support the terrorists like ISIS, Hamas, etc.

"Can we grab more land, if they are ass holes?"

I don't get how people are making this argument.
It's OK to defend against attacks.
It's OK to even strike preemptively, when you are facing an overwhelming force.
It is perhaps even OK to occupy strategically important territory (temporarily).

It is not OK to annex it, nor grab more land.

As far as I see, prevalent opinion in Israel (among Jewish) is that the West Bank is part of Israel and it's just a matter of time until new settlements. will cover it all.

I struggle to find ways to justify this position.

diabl0

Generalized nonsense number 101.

http://www.themercury.com.au/iraq-d...a/news-story/e7cc910d0d538569631df58cd0cd8e65

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/t...rom-isis-now-washington-wants-them-to-disband

This is just a touch of many articles that are circulating about how the countries you stated who seem to 'side' with ISIS are in fact contrary, but we are not discussing that, we are discussing Israel.

Israel consists of Palestinian jews, christians, muslims and atheists too, all of which are against the political movement. Their form of weapons is stones. Orthadox jews themselves clash with Isreali armies over their political movement of stealing land, hijacking houses to provide to settlers, and arresting people for the most stupid of reasons, especially children. Try actually taking a neutral standpoint and research videos of people who went there on unbiased terms to israel and seen the crap these so called army and general public do. Want examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBRxt5ufnGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZH9XEfh8Ms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfMAFkgpRVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6dhHX0EfqM

KiLLaDeZo

Do I have to remind you that you seem to be talking nonsense , post after post. Please do some research instead of getting your facts from fox news.

Boss★Moogle;253107643 said:
I don't even understand the problem. Congress passed a law 22 years ago called the Jerusalem Embassy Act, which declares Jerusalem the capital of Israel. Presidents Clinton, Bush II and Obama all reaffirmed this and vowed to move the US embassy there during their campaigns. Even as recently as 6 months ago the Senate voted 90 to 0 in favor of continuing to recognize Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel. The only difference with Trump is that he's actually following the law and keeping his campaign promise contrarily to his predecessors.

It seems these days the regressive left's policy is to hate Israel and blindly support the Palestinians cause they're "brown". However I don't view things like that despite leaning to the left and not liking Trump.

Why are people ignoring this post

Ashes

Banned
Boss★Moogle;253107643 said:
I don't even understand the problem. Congress passed a law 22 years ago called the Jerusalem Embassy Act,

erm...

Try starting with:

Congress passed a law 22 years ago called the Jerusalem Embassy Act

There is a reason why it has been suspended for so long. By so many presidents, as you say. The reality is that the American president has endorsed an illegal situation.*

*Ghada Karmi

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Is the anti Semitic of the left come from the idea that the left doesn’t see Israeli jews as a separate ethnic group but simply white people with proximity to Europe. Obviously right wing anti Semitic is racial and conspiratorial.... left wing anti Semitic is much different

Pomerlaw

People taking sides...

Jews are Zionists wanting to take over the world!
Palestinians are all crazy islamist terrorists!

Must be fun living in your imaginary black and white world. I guess you feel more secure this way.

PtM

Banned
People taking sides...

Must be fun living in your imaginary black and white world. I guess you feel more secure this way.
I'm confused, are you a Left or a Right? Please pick a side so I can fight you.

//DEVIL//

People taking sides...

The thing is, Palestinian people say its land . Jews says its their land. and every now and then because Israel has more fire power. they shrink the Palestinian lands even further and further. how do you want the Palestinians to act ? calmly ?

a neighbor you hate every now and then move the fences of your house and shrink it. he has guns and u dont. and no cops to rely to. and every time he shrink your home he says its his land, you are dangerous. He wants to increase the distance between you and him. how will you really act ? peacefully ?

regardless of who is this land belong to. on some 60 years ago you agreed to divide the land to 2 parts. the Jews are not sticking to their agreement. simple as that. no wonder they are afraid of Palestinians. they are doing them wrong lol

Boss Mog

It's muslims that wish to take over the world. It's actually written in their book that they must spread islam until the whole world is muslim. The goal of islam is world domination and subjugation. The mass migration to Europe is conquest in their eyes and is financially backed by the wealthy persian gulf nations.

JordanN

Banned
regardless of who is this land belong to. on some 60 years ago you agreed to divide the land to 2 parts. the Jews are not sticking to their agreement. simple as that. no wonder they are afraid of Palestinians. they are doing them wrong lol

My problem with Palestinians though is they reject all peace offers.

They could have had a state in 2007 but they said no to Olmert's deal. It now becomes a question of what exactly are their goals at this point?

Are they really deluded and believe they can eject all of Israel from the Middle East? Any dreams of a pre-1967 borders are dead, so they either take what they can still muster or it's just useless fighting that pushes them farther back into a corner.

I should note I don't find Israel to be 100% sinless and the settlements are exploiting a loophole situation, but when the Palestinian representatives are literally moderate terrorist (Fatah) and terrorist turbo (Hamas), it's hard to garner sympathy for them either.

Just take the L and realize they'll never win a war with Israel and declare a state on the leftovers.

People taking sides...

B...but Hollywood taught me you're either a hero or a villain ! There is no grey area.

//DEVIL//

My problem with Palestinians though is they reject all peace offers.

They could have had a state in 2007 but they said no to Olmert's deal. It now becomes a question of what exactly are their goals at this point?

Are they really deluded and believe they can eject all of Israel from the Middle East? Any dreams of a pre-1967 borders are dead, so they either take what they can still muster or it's just useless fighting that pushes them farther back into a corner.

I should note I don't find Israel to be 100% sinless and the settlements are exploiting a loophole situation, but when the Palestinian representatives are literally moderate terrorist (Fatah) and terrorist turbo (Hamas), it's hard to garner sympathy for them either.

Just take the L and realize they'll never win a war with Israel and declare a state on the leftovers.

LoL @ that deal. You ignored all what i said. and you came to me with how they dont want peace and rejected a deal that tells them you are fucked and your land will be smaller than before.

before 1948 they had whole palestine
then 1948 happened and israel took over by force and it was divided. and they were ok with that. ever since their land been reduced. and the last deal was nothing dear. go read its terms of agreement and what they had back in 1948. its the Israel government that didnt honor their deal back then. period

LoL @ that deal. you ignored all what i said. and you came to me with how they dont want peace and rejected a deal that tells them you are fucked and your land will be smaller than before.

then 1948 happened and israel took over by forceand it was divided. and they were ok with that. ever since their land been reduced. and the last deal was nothing dear. go read its terms of agreement and what they had back in 1948. its the Israel government that didnt honor their deal back then. period

That ignores entirely the annexation of the West Bank by Jordan and the acceptance of that annexation by the PLO in 1964.

//DEVIL//

That ignores entirely the annexation of the West Bank by Jordan and the acceptance of that annexation by the PLO in 1964.

which mind you, the palestinians were forced to accept the deal which reduce their land even further.

ever since and they still reduce their land day by day by building Jewish colonies in the Palestinians land.

You want the later to be ok and they are called terrorist ?

by this standard. when you defend someone taking over your home little by little you will be called extreme terrorist. even though you are the one with less gun and firepower or even army lol

Mohonky

Lol chill, this is all political.

You cant seperate this from religion though. Jewish occupation of Isreal is entirely founded in the idea that Isreal is their promised land (by God). That is entirely their claim. Otherwise its no different than any conquering civilisation wanting their borders back.

//DEVIL//

You cant seperate this from religion though. Jewish occupation of Isreal is entirely founded in the idea that Isreal is their promised land (by God). That is entirely their claim. Otherwise its no different than any conquering civilisation wanting their borders back.

Thats what that they believe in. doesnt mean its true. Palestinian believe by god too that this is their land. so taking religion out. what Israel is doing is exactly what you said. conquering a civilization.

which mind you, the palestinians were forced to accept the deal which reduce their land even further.

The PLO did not need much forcing back in 1964 when the Arab nations were still seemingly powerful enough to crush Israel after which Palestine would be established where Israel once was.
ever since and they still reduce their land day by day by building Jewish colonies in the Palestinians land.

Once again, these lands were deemed not to be part of Palestine before 1967.
You want the later to be ok and they are called terrorist ?

by this standard. when you defend someone taking over your home little by little you will be called extreme terrorist. even though you are the one with less gun and firepower or even army lol

Starting and losing wars often leads to losing territory to the victors. And the Palestinians were part of the Arab-Israeli wars as irregular troops and in some cases (the Palestine Liberation Army) as regular formations.

BANGS

Banned
The thing is, Palestinian people say its land . Jews says its their land. and every now and then because Israel has more fire power. they shrink the Palestinian lands even further and further

Congratulations, you've just discovered how every land dispute ever in history has been settled...

JordanN

Banned
Actually, they didn't.

It was all British. And then Ottoman.

Britain passed over their claim to the United Nations, who recommended splitting the land into a Jewish and an Arab state. Israel declared a state based on the UN's approval, the Arabs invaded them and lost.

Again, it's ridiculous to try and even go back to any borders before 1967. It's just not happening.

Kadayi

Banned
I also mentioned China. I didn't talk about Christianity, nor did I single it out. What's your point? I that the only event in history you are familiar with?

Just as reminder, this is the statement that I'm referring too. And I think it's extremely racist. I mean this implies that Nazis were better than Muslims.

What is this whataboutism?

Islam didn't win over people and territory through kind words, it won them over through military conquest, suppression and slavery. Genghis Khan being a murdering fuck in China, doesn't somehow invalidate the reality of how the Caliphate was established.

The.Great.One

Neo Member
Not sure where you picked up this alternative fact or what you mean by "recent", but I'm curious to know which western nations you're talking about?

Oh u know.. he maybe on about the invasion of Iraq and the imaginary WMD, stealing all its resources and gold .. Killing more than a million Muslims since the US invaded that country and getting brushed under the rug... ring any bells?

This article may help

https://www.rojakpot.com/united-states-stole-iraqi-gold-oil/

Not one person from the United States office faced trial for that or saw time in prisons or any sentencing for that false invasion.

I guess that’s the nation he was speaking of.

Ashes

Banned
Boss★Moogle;253111927 said:
It's muslims that wish to take over the world. It's actually written in their book that they must spread islam until the whole world is muslim. The goal of islam is world domination and subjugation. The mass migration to Europe is conquest in their eyes and is financially backed by the wealthy persian gulf nations.

Not sure if serious.gif.

Top Bottom