• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Game - Review Thread

95.gif

Bravo.
I still enjoy watch dogs over Murdered:Soul Suspect though, That game is Garbage

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Well it seems that's what sells, evantually that bubble might pop, but who knows at this point. Watch_Dogs is not however in the same league as AC2 or AC4 however, if they want to make it a franchise they need to fix the driving and the story.

Eh, it's sort of funny I guess? I guess you're trying to make it sound negative yet FC3, AC4, and WD are all really fun games and distinctly different styles even though they are structurally similar.

They also make a lot of games that aren't like that, it's more Ubi Montreal's thing.

Now this is funny. LOL

I hope they read this and realise their games have a serious lack of identity due to the amount of different studios all working on the same games, sharing tech, and following the ubisoft design document. Ok, some of you're games might be good, but they're always going to be soulless husks.

notworksafe

Eh, I still like most Ubisoft games. Not Watch Dogs though. The white guy thing is funny though. Ubi is one of the few big publishers that actually put non-white and female protagonists in their games.

What is the reason behind all the Ubisoft hate. I've never gotten it. Their games are better than 99% of the shit out there. It it because they're not American or Japanese?

oxidax

What if all the Ubisoft games are one big Ubisoft game that will soon be revealed and all of those characters are somewhat related??

Let that sink in...

FAKE EDIT: That was a brilliant read. I needed the laugh.

Blinck

He forgot the annoying UI in all their games which is always popping up shit like

+ 10 XP FOR STEALTH KILL

+ 20 XP FOR MULTIPLE KILL

+ 25 XP FOR GATHERTING SHIT

+ 25 XP FOR RUNNING 10 METERS

I swear I wouldn't have been able to play Far Cry 3 for more than 10 minutes if they didn't allow you to turn of these shitty notifications.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you forgot to mention a conspiracy and some kind of twist. always VERY topical. ubisoft really has their finger on the pulse.

One thing though, Main Character can't kill while doing parkour. Either before or after, but not during. What a shit review, they don't even check their facts, bah!

Pretty sure if you Vault over cover with Aiden with an enemy on the opposite side he'll do an auto takedown.

Zakalwe

Banned
What is the reason behind all the Ubisoft hate. I've never gotten it. Their games are better than 99% of the shit out there. It it because they're not American or Japanese?

For me, it's because they have so much going for them, but never seem to learn from their mistakes.

They almost always feel undercooked, like they were on the verge of something great.

It can be pretty frustrating.

Pretty sure if you Vault over cover with Aiden with an enemy on the opposite side he'll do an auto takedown.

He does.

Gun out lethal, gun not out non lethal.

Oh, this review is by Game Reviewer? The same Game Reviewer who didn't like Obscure Japanese Game but gave Big Western Game a 10? As if I care about Game Reviewer's opinion. Game Reviewer has no taste and is paid off by Console Manufacturer anyway, just like all of Game Journalism.

This review needs a minimap in the lower right corner that displays dozens of other optional side reviews of various types. There can be one great mini-review and the rest can be filler.

Oh and we need a progress bar after you're done reading it. Something like "1/200 Ubisoft game reviews read. Keep reading to earn Ubiverse points and upgrade your Ubistarship!"

Can I pre-order the next review?

Begaria

Heh, hence why I think Child of Light and Valiant Hearts are breath of fresh air coming out of Ubisoft, and I guess Rayman.

I just hate how Ubisoft couldn't be transparent at all with Ubisoft Hackan Game.

Why would they think I'd want to see some vertical slice of an amazing looking game? They should know that'll leave me disappointed when the only part of the game that matters, THOSE GOD DAMN GRAPHICS, don't hold up in the final product! Ubisoft Hackan Game 2014 is such a disappointment.

Honestly, I'd rather them just show me the game in development, what it 'really' looks like. So that I can act like an incessant fuckwheel and shit on it up and down with my internet buddies, about how the graphics have taken a hit and now all of a sudden, somehow, now the game looks 100% less fun, just like how all Ubisoft games apparently have terrible gameplay! Meanwhile, and with zero awareness, I'll be talking up all the virtues of THE BEST GRAPHICS EVER, Ubisoft Historical Escapism Game. Uh, I meant BEST GAME EVER! All that... gameplay! That gameplay is so hi-fidelity, the texturework and geometry looks so... fun! Can't wait to do eavesdrop missions and run awkwardly up a tree I wasn't aiming for, IN HI DEF NEXT GEN FRANCE YO.

Fuck Ubisoft Hackan Game tho

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ubisoft Game #3. Hated #2? Well then #3 is being developed by the same people who made #1. That's the one you liked, right? Ok, yeah they're doing it.

They're ALL doing it.

Empty

i hate these open world games with their bland content tourism and jack of all trades approach and watch underscore dogs seems like everything i loath in one game but ubisoft still put out specific experiences with personality and a singular voice, like child of light, valiant hearts, rayman ios + console, call of juarez gunslinger. it's 2014, i don't need to equate budget with significance anymore, the company should be defined as much by those ubi art games as they are by the ones the review rails against.

Preach

Although as a publisher ubi have done some decent stuff (like NMH 1/2)..just wish they advertised and marketed them better.

Oh, this review is by Game Reviewer? The same Game Reviewer who didn't like Obscure Japanese Game but gave Big Western Game a 10? As if I care about Game Reviewer's opinion. Game Reviewer has no taste and is paid off by Console Manufacturer anyway, just like all of Game Journalism.

LMAO XD

It's intersting because the other day I was talking to someone and asking, when will we see Ubisoft as a genre? Cause it really feels that way sometimes. I enjoy the games immensly though but it can't be denied.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I guess you're trying to make it sound negative yet FC3, AC4, and WD are all really fun games and distinctly different styles even though they are structurally similar. They also make a lot of games that aren't like that

Jito

Banned
This years Ubisoft Game is going to blow last years Ubisoft Game out of the water. Suck it Main Character, you're old news, it's all about Main Character now!

And people taking this super seriously start arriving..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This years Ubisoft Game is going to blow last years Ubisoft Game out of the water. Suck it Main Character, you're old news, it's all about Main Character now!

But don't worry, you'll be able to unlock last year's main character as a Uplay attire for new main character

I guess there's a point to be made about all three their main franchises going forward being open world games - FC, WD and AC.

That is maybe overkill. I'm happy with the open world vibe in AC and WD, but they could maybe have tried something different with FC.

They've certainly made good games in the past that haven't been open world - like some of the better Prince of Persias and Splinter Cells.

Glass Rebel

That was a fun read. Not that I particularly despise Ubi's games but the samey structure across most of their major franchises just makes me wait for steep sales.

Kade

I remember someone from Ubisoft saying that all their games would be "systems driven" a while ago and it sucks that this is what we've got now. Hopefully Ubi Ruleset 2.0 will be better.

I genuinely love Ubisoft games but this was funny!

Can't wait for Aiden to hack into the Animus and we have a giant game.

ampere

I'm really enjoying this 'review'. Hits the nail on the head so hard

Don't get me wrong I loved some early AC, but man if that formula got old. Couldn't get excited about Watch Doge

Top Bottom