• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Game - Review Thread

and don't forget to keep your saved file of UbiSoft Game: Gruff City Hero Edition on hand, it unlocks bonus UPlay features and 10% XP bonus for Ubisoft Game: Potentially Racist Tropical Island Edition later this year!

BPoole

Should have included a bit about how the graphics were downgraded from the original showing. Classic Ubi move

btags

What is the reason behind all the Ubisoft hate. I've never gotten it. Their games are better than 99% of the shit out there. It it because they're not American or Japanese?

The fact that a lot of their games borrow design elements from previous ubisoft games. For example, the ctOS towers in watchdogs are comparable to the radio towers in far cry 3, which in turn were comparable to the towers in AC. Hunting and crafting was also eerily similar in AC4 and far cry 3. It is not that the games are inherently bad, they are just too similar to each other.

ec0ec0

Oh, this review is by Game Reviewer? The same Game Reviewer who didn't like Obscure Japanese Game but gave Big Western Game a 10? As if I care about Game Reviewer's opinion. Game Reviewer has no taste and is paid off by Console Manufacturer anyway, just like all of Game Journalism.

Way better than the article :p

QaaQer

The fact that a lot of their games borrow design elements from previous ubisoft games. For example, the ctOS towers in watchdogs are comparable to the radio towers in far cry 3, which in turn were comparable to the towers in AC. Hunting and crafting was also eerily similar in AC4 and far cry 3. It is not that the games are inherently bad, they are just too similar to each other.

People dislike the yearly franchises, so it's only natural they would hate the fact that ubisoft is going to be releasing 4 iterations of the same game in one year.

Gator86

Just fucking fantastic. Ubi really does make the same game over and over. I just finished Watch Dogs with 70ish percent of the game done and I couldn't be more ready to send it back to gamefly. It really is like 20 story missions and seven hundred identical side missions.

eXistor

Yup, basically my thoughts on every AAA Ubisoft game, so boring and predictable. ZombiU and Driver: SF were notable exceptions though. Maybe Rayman Origins, but that's it. They always play it so frustratingly safe with their big hitters.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm sick of the representation of minorities in Ubisoft Game. When will AAA developers realise that not all gamers are straight white manchildren?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just hate how Ubisoft couldn't be transparent at all with Ubisoft Hackan Game.

Why would they think I'd want to see some vertical slice of an amazing looking game? They should know that'll leave me disappointed when the only part of the game that matters, THOSE GOD DAMN GRAPHICS, don't hold up in the final product! Ubisoft Hackan Game 2014 is such a disappointment.

Honestly, I'd rather them just show me the game in development, what it 'really' looks like. So that I can act like an incessant fuckwheel and shit on it up and down with my internet buddies, about how the graphics have taken a hit and now all of a sudden, somehow, now the game looks 100% less fun, just like how all Ubisoft games apparently have terrible gameplay! Meanwhile, and with zero awareness, I'll be talking up all the virtues of THE BEST GRAPHICS EVER, Ubisoft Historical Escapism Game. Uh, I meant BEST GAME EVER! All that... gameplay! That gameplay is so hi-fidelity, the texturework and geometry looks so... fun! Can't wait to do eavesdrop missions and run awkwardly up a tree I wasn't aiming for, IN HI DEF NEXT GEN FRANCE YO.

Fuck Ubisoft Hackan Game tho

Why couldn't they be honest? Because 4 million sales in a week. Because enough people saw nothing but their early fucking lies and assumed it would still look the same to make it worthwhile. Because people will actually defend their bullshit by saying everybody does it, so Ubisoft doesn't even need to say a thing about how they walked around and lied to everybody with a product they never intended on delivering.

explodet

I have a big glaring problem with this review.
Ubisoft Game is filled with side activities such as This Gambling Game, Beating Up Enemies Until You Are Told To Stop, Looking For Collectibles, and Tailing Somebody Somewhere For Some Reason.
I don't know what Ubisoft Game he played, but in the Ubisoft Game that I played, I was forced to tail lots of people in missions. There was no "side activity" about it.
That being said, there was lots of variety in Ubisoft Game.

- tailing someone on foot
- tailing someone in a car
- tailing someone on a boat
- tailing someone on a motorbike
- tailing someone on a larger boat

Jito

Banned
My favourite tailing mission was in Ubisoft Game were I tailed someone tailing someone else and it turned out someone was tailing me!

But who was tail?

Why couldn't they be honest? Because 4 million sales in a week. Because enough people saw nothing but their early fucking lies and assumed it would still look the same to make it worthwhile. Because people will actually defend their bullshit by saying everybody does it, so Ubisoft doesn't even need to say a thing about how they walked around and lied to everybody with a product they never intended on delivering.

Pretty much this.

I think they saw Call of Duty/Activision and Madden/EA making shameless amounts of money off the same product every year and decided that they needed a cow of their own.

I almost feel like Ubisoft already did this satirical review of themselves via the Abstergo meta-game development stuff in Assassin's Creed IV.

Durante

I guess I miss the point with this, since the last 3 Ubisoft games I've played are Child of Light, Might & Magic X and Rayman Legends.
They are certainly my favourite big publisher currently -- but I never played any of the Assassin's Creed titles or Watch_Dogs.

I guess I miss the point with this, since the last 3 Ubisoft games I've played are Child of Light, Might & Magic X and Rayman Legends.
They are certainly my favourite big publisher currently -- but I never played any of the Assassin's Creed titles or Watch_Dogs.

Open world games, it's more like.

Horp

The gameplay is repetetive.
The story is boring.
The main charachter is unimaginative.

The water looks so good!

9.5/10

Raptomex

Jason in FC3 was more of a tool than sassy or gruff. The villains were really the highlight of that game. Anyway, that was an excellent read. Pretty spot-on.

Beating Up Enemies Until You Are Told To Stop is my favorite side activity. In fact I think it could be spun out into its own series quite easily.

Not going to lie, Watch Dogs is Assassin's Creed with a shiny coat of paint. I wanted to be surprised as evident by the 60 dollars of mine that Ubisoft now has, but surprised I am not.

megalowho

I almost feel like Ubisoft already did this satirical review of themselves via the Abstergo meta-game development stuff in Assassin's Creed IV.
I thought of this as well, like the bit about new locations for future games in the franchise. Still on point, even if they're self aware of just how Ubisoft The Ubisoft Game has become.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Well yeah. If you haven't played Assassins Creed, Farcry 3, and Watch Dogs, then you're missing the joke.

Basketball

Season PASS content info months before game release.

pre-order bonus

Extra side story to the story you care about

Exclusive 20 minute tail mission
Amazon.com

Exclusive blue tint hat
Walmart.com

Exclusive red tint hat
Target.com

Exclusive green tint hat with xp bonus
gamestop.com

18-Volt

Still better than Square-enix Game, which features an emo protagonist, amazing visuals, shitty gameplay and a ridiculous fianl boss fight. Oh and you would think Square-enix game is a console game but it isn't. It's only for iOS (maybe android in the future).

Ganrob

Neo Member
Still better than Square-enix Game, which features an emo protagonist, amazing visuals, shitty gameplay and a ridiculous fianl boss fight. Oh and you would think Square-enix game is a console game but it isn't. It's only for iOS (maybe android in the future).

5XYj2oT.gif

I'm a TR2013 fanboi

I think Ubisoft has fully milked their open world format, I sincerely hope they change it up for Assassins Creed Unity and Far Cry 4.

The ubisoft open world is a great construct, but they've reduced it to a rote template at this point. This is a sign that it Ubisoft needs to change it up quite a bit.

But they probably won't.

GD71

Banned
What is the reason behind all the Ubisoft hate. I've never gotten it. Their games are better than 99% of the shit out there. It it because they're not American or Japanese?

Apparently the haters think we are all sheep that wouldn't know a good game of it fell in our lap. That millions of fans are wrong and they're this little cool minority that know something we all don't. I don't get it either. I loved AC2 and 4. I love Watch Dogs. The latest Rayman is pretty good too. It's popular to hate the top dog. I remember it was popular to hate Playstation once too.

Eusis

Yeah, if the last three games you played were Assassin's Creed, FarCry, and Watch_Dogs it'd make complete sense.

Do I get to hunt pigeons to furnish better phones from their remains?

Oh, this review is by Game Reviewer? The same Game Reviewer who didn't like Obscure Japanese Game but gave Big Western Game a 10? As if I care about Game Reviewer's opinion. Game Reviewer has no taste and is paid off by Console Manufacturer anyway, just like all of Game Journalism.

Perfect! This should have been first post.

Instro

Pretty much highlights the paint by numbers design often found in open world/sandbox style games, although Ubi is certainly the worst about it.

Lots of people who bought watch dogs knew nothing about it or had not heard of it at all before the last few weeks. A coworker of mine picked it up this week because I described it to him as farcry 3 in the city with hacking abilities.
Everything that they promised with watch dogs is in the final game and more. And the graphical downgrade isnt nearly as big as some so desperately want it to be. I hope they continue the formula with watch dogs and farcry. Love these games.

Lots of people who bought watch dogs knew nothing about it or had not heard of it at all before the last few weeks. A coworker of mine picked it up this week because I described it to him as farcry 3 in the city with hacking abilities.
Everything that they promised with watch dogs is in the final game and more. And the graphical downgrade isnt nearly as big as some so desperately want it to be. I hope they continue the formula with watch dogs and farcry. Love these games.

But, they lied to all of us! Except, for ya' know, 90% of the population who didn't give a damn, but they lied to all of us!

Beaulieu

I'm sick of the representation of minorities in Ubisoft Game. When will AAA developers realise that not all gamers are straight white manchildren?

theres been a black assassin, a native american assassin,an arabic assasin and an italian assasin... what are you talking about ?

edit : watchdogs is fucken awesome. I had no hype for the title and it's blowing my mind. play it before spewing your opinion people.

Hahaha

Top Bottom