• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft just fucked up Tetris (glitching, freezing, frame drops, tearing)

C'mon guys. 6 pages?

0338_kqj3g.gif

There.

korona15

Banned
Um yeah, that's a disappointing video and gives a bad impression. Gives ammunition to Xbox console warriors who hate on anything Sony and PlayStation related.

Strange because I was just playing Tetris now on my PS4, and it wasn't having any of those problems.

Fbh

LOL Ubisoft

I actually saw the "Ubisoft is bringing Tetris to next gen consoles" thread and wanted to make a joke about how it would probably have glitches and frame rate drops but then decided not to... guess I would have been right

Bonta Kun

Neo Member
Ubisoft not only can't get Tetris right, the Monopoly fun pack game pretty much blows. One of the most basic rules in Monopoly where you can mortgage properties during an auction isn't available. EA's Monopoly was done right and fun

It almost seems like they published the debug build or something. That's the only thing I can think of with how you could possibly get performance that bad.

Amir0x

Banned
I really want to just buy this for my XB1 instead but not sure I can support it considering this mess.

I wouldn't anyway. I'm a big Tetris guy and vocal in some Tetris communities and many there are saying it's a crap version of Tetris on all platforms even irrespective of these problems. Barebones crap not even capable of matching versions of Tetris coming out in the earliest days of Xbox 360.

So yeaaaah. Way to go Ubisoft. Way. To. Go.

rBose

Banned
Lol is this for real ?

How many more up their sleeve ?

Jesus Christ they're fucking retarded, I hope they go defunct

Nightbird

doc2.gif

This Tetris...how can you fuck up Tetris...and it's even on the PS4...i can't believe i used to defend Ubisoft a year ago. How could you fuck up like this?

sn00zer

Soooo how the fuck do these games keep getting past Sony QA....Ive heard they are notorious for being pretty harsh on indies and such trying to t on PSN, but Ubi's been getting a free pass lately

I wouldn't anyway. I'm a big Tetris guy and vocal in some Tetris communities and many there are saying it's a crap version of Tetris on all platforms even irrespective of these problems. Barebones crap not even capable of matching versions of Tetris coming out in the earliest days of Xbox 360 :p

Agh. God damnit.

Been so long since I had a Tetris game :(

Guess I'll just play more Lumines on my Vita.

DeaviL

Banned
Most off their releases on PC for Ex. have reoccurring issues in multiple games that they never fix.
I thought i couldn't think lower of Ubisoft, but they exceed expectations in at least one way...

impossible to stop this hate train with concrete evidence.
ign has a faulty kit, but gaf as been illogical with its hate lately.
Don't talk BS, he tried it on his home system as well.
Watching the video would be a smart thing to do really.

korona15

Banned
It almost seems like they published the debug build or something. That's the only thing I can think of with how you could possibly get performance that bad.

IGN could be rigging the review by having a game installing in the background, thus causing the stuttering and frame rate drops. Ya never know, you know?

I'm curious...for those who have the game on PS4, are you having the same problems as IGN? Because it runs butter smooth on my system.

Thrakier

I'm guessing that is just the new gen of developer, raised by games with low framerate, stutter and tearing.

They think it's normal so they don't notice issue like this when developing a game. In fact, since they only know it that way, the actually like it. They have that in common with most GAFers as well.

Top Bottom