• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira - Madison Square Garden - November 12

Who wins: Adesanya or Pereira? Esparza or Zhang? Poirier or Chandler?

• Adesanya, Esparza, Poirier.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Adesanya, Zhang, Poirier.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Adesanya, Esparza, Chandler.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Adesanya, Zhang, Chandler.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pereira, Esparza, Poirier.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pereira, Zhang, Poirier.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Pereira, Esparza, Chandler.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Pereira, Zhang, Chandler.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Can't wait for the Adesanya vs Perriera fight. Huge Izzy fan here. Been nervous about this fight this whole week.. I really hope Izzy wins.

Thanks for the OT MaestroMike MaestroMike

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Cool interview. I really hope Adesanya wins. It's a big deal for him. I'm hyped beyond belief. Wish I could see this fight live. There's so much going on for this fight its wow...

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I think pereira is a lil taller and should have the same reach this one is gonna be tough to call. pereira has the mental advantage over already beating Izzy, but Izzy has more experience in mma I think I'll go with Izzy, but I won't be surprised if Alex can secure a KO victory Izzy been practicing dodging tennis balls for a reason lol

GymWolf

Pereira has a good chance to win and god know how much i would love to see the cringy motherfucker obliterated into another dimension but the cunt is probably gonna kick at range for 5 round and win.

Zhang is probably gonna murder esparza.

Poirier vs chandler, i root for chandler but dustin is gonna win, probably a 2 round ko.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

Pereira has a good chance to win and god know how much i would love to see the cringy motherfucker obliterated into another dimension but the cunt is probably gonna kick at range for 5 round and win.

Zhang is probably gonna murder esparza.

Poirier vs chandler, i root for chandler but dustin is gonna win, probably a 2 round ko.

Has Pereira ever did 5 rounds ? I don't know if he has cardio like Stylebender has.

Esparza won against a self defeating Rose so she hasn't been tested yet, we may be surprised. I hope we are.

Chandler is really an awesome matchup maybe we will get a new Lawler vs. MacDonald II, It has that same 110% energy to both fighters.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Periera has a a huge change and i have a bad feeling.. Alex also has it easier in regards to this fight. If he wins he's champ and if he loses it's no biggie as well. There's far more on the line for Izzy and yeah. High stakes.

GymWolf

Has Pereira ever did 5 rounds ? I don't know if he has cardio like Stylebender has.

Esparza won against a self defeating Rose so she hasn't been tested yet, we may be surprised. I hope we are.

Chandler is really an awesome matchup maybe we will get a new Lawler vs. MacDonald II, It has that same 110% energy to both fighters.
He did in kick boxing but it wasn't at his best, he has worse cardio than gynosanya, he is also 3 years older and more muscly, so more oxygen wasted.

Zhang is on another planet in the stand up and she is not scared to scrap and get damaged, the opposite of esparza in her last fight, zhang wrestling against joanna was great (and joanna has great td defence) and she fucking lift an out of shape 270-280 pound ngannou in the same way i lift a mars candybar, if she can do that without a fucking sweat, she can probably throw esparza in the 3 seat row from inside the cage, if carla manage to win then mma makes no fucking sense.

Dustin vs chandler is locked for best fight of the night unless it ends in like 30 sec with a flash ko.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
i5krv7k05lz91.jpg

0% win probability for volk IMO

Carton

OMG Spann. That was a nasty KO. Spann is a specimen. Where to for Reyes from here? He gave JJ a great fight, but he is 0-4 in the last 4 and suffered 3 KOs.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
maybe dom should try 185 I remember a pic where Pereira looked bigger than him when they were training for this event

Edit: my final picks are poirier, zhang and adesanya. unless chandler does some wrestling I think Poirier has his number in the stand-up. only esparza fight I saw was the one with Rose for the title and I don't really remember it, but I know how brutal Zhang can be especially in striking so I'm picking her and already said Adesanya because he has more octagon experience he knows how to win, but still Pereira can catch him with one left hook and good night he has five rounds not too sure how good Pereira's gas tank is either.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
2 guys from pereira's gym he trained at for this camp already lost tonight turman and dom I wonder if this is going to affect pereira mentally. guys from izzy's gym won, but I think one of them lost too

SpiceRacz

That was difficult to watch Frankie Edgar's career end like that. Fighter careers, especially for the dudes that reach the top, rarely end in storybook fashion though. MMA is a brutal and unforgiving sport. That was a slick knee that caught Edgar, but I think he would have survived or avoided it when he was younger. Crazy to think I was barely out of high school when I first saw him fight in the UFC.

Here's a clip of Edgar knocking out Gray Maynard. This was after Edgar got fucking clobbered earlier in the fight and nearly stopped. Incredible that he fought at lightweight, considering how small he looks at 135. Fucking legend.

Top Bottom