• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira - Madison Square Garden - November 12

Who wins: Adesanya or Pereira? Esparza or Zhang? Poirier or Chandler?

• Adesanya, Esparza, Poirier.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Adesanya, Zhang, Poirier.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Adesanya, Esparza, Chandler.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Adesanya, Zhang, Chandler.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pereira, Esparza, Poirier.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pereira, Zhang, Poirier.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Pereira, Esparza, Chandler.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Pereira, Zhang, Chandler.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
izzy fight reminded me a lot of thiago santos vs jon jones fight, where santos is "controlling" where the fight goes but jon jones is very much in control of the fight. Very high fight IQ stuff but jones was able to finish without getting complacent. Can't wait for the rematch

almost 3 years since jon jones fight :(

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

Izzy playing the long game lost for once. It usually served him well but not here.
Chandler vs Poirier was the banger everyone had hope for.
Esparza was really on par with Zhang most of the fight but payed dearly for a sloppy mistake. She'll be back, she is good for sure.

RIP Edgar, Time defeat all, can leave with his Head high.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I missed the whole event except the final fight. Great fight. Good to see Adesanya lose. I hate his constant head faking and flinching style of fighting. He's a pretty boring fighter. Same with Usman from months back. They both do enough to win and just drag out a fight.

I like sluggers.

Periera seems to be stand up with no ground game, but just stands toe to toe punching and kicking. He'll get zero points for style, but I always root for these kinds of fighters.

When Roy Nelson was winning fights 10 years ago, I'd always root for him to win even though I knew he'd lose to more skilled fighters. That's when UFC was getting big and I'd see all these fighters. I like fights in bigger weight classes and he swung for the fences with an iron chin.

I never saw those old ass 1990s fights when UFC was new. Just saw clips during the internet age. Crazy shit back then. Too bad since I think I'd like it back then with fighters bull rushing like Tank Abbott which seemed more like bar brawls. lol

Last edited:
That was a hell of a card. The Pourier fight and the main event were straight fire. Had not watched UFC much lately in the past year or 2. I'll have to start watching more regularly.

Top Bottom