• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: 79% Of Street Fighter 6 physical sales sales were on PS5

yurinka

Isn't this normal for JP fighting games? Tekken 7 had a similar split way before GP.
No, it isn't normal/common to see a Japanese fighting game in a top 1 or top 2 sales ranking position.

As a reference, Tekken 7 is the best selling Japanese fighting game ever and outside Japan the only fighting games that sold more than Tekken 7 are MK X and MK 11. Most fighting game series/studios are selling more now than ever did before.

I wonder if MS is planning huge stock drop after this showcase.
Considering how confident they are with this showcase, it might be possible that they will drop a huge shipment after the event.
No.

The confidence is fake PR bullshit, every year MS said they had the best conference ever and this year they didn't say it.

People is nowadays more aware (some still don't) that in past conferences they announced games that still weren't in production and that were going to be released in at least 6 or 7 years in the future.

Last year they said they were going to show games to be released in the next year and guess what many of these games still aren't released.

So I think MS will try to be more realistic, humble and belieable this time trying to don't make more broken promises. Showing real gameplay of games coming the next few months to Gamepass, specially the ones they are pretty sure will be relased in the next year or year and a half but without mentioning timeframes.

I think the reaction will be positive because they will show good stuff (Starfield, Forza, Contraband, and maybe -even if it's a vertical slice- of State of Decay 3, Avowed or Fable) plus cool 3rd party -mostly indies- coming to GP.

But many people will get angry because they'll expect to see some already announced games in the event that these fans think will be released this or next year, but the reality is that most of them (like Perfect Dark, Indiana Jones, Elder Scrolls VI or the ones I mentioned above if they don't appear) or anticipated unannounced games some fan may expect to see there(Gears 6, next Doom) pretty likely won't be released until at least 2025, 2026 or in some cases even beyond.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
These events don’t sell consoles. Because you know… the games on them aren’t available.

The events excite or disappoint the fanbase and create stories in the media. Mostly it affects investors outlook on the near term of the business.
This showcase shows what games will come to your system. It's important for people who are buying the console.

feynoob

Banned
But they'll buy when those game comes.
That is still a plus.
Anything that moves the needle from this event helps Xbox.

If they fumbled this event, the brand would have a hard time recovering from it.
If they knock it out of the park, it could give them a fighting chance.

All Xbox needs is games and reason why people need to buy Xbox. Wash away Xbox one, and start over.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
That is still a plus.
Anything that moves the needle from this event helps Xbox.

If they fumbled this event, the brand would have a hard time recovering from it.
If they knock it out of the park, it could give them a fighting chance.

All Xbox needs is games and reason why people need to buy Xbox. Wash away Xbox one, and start over.
Dude they fucked up with the series too.

feynoob

Banned
Dude they fucked up with the series too.
The series lacked games, that is all. on the other Xbox one, had major fk up with that E3. If it weren't for x360 hype train, it would have done way worse than it did life time. The 2 years was basically x360 helping the Xbox one.
Major difference.

The series lacked games, that is all. on the other Xbox one, had major fk up with that E3. If it weren't for x360 hype train, it would have done way worse than it did life time. The 2 years was basically x360 helping the Xbox one.
Major difference.

Series lacked stock as well. Games are not the only reason they ate having issues selling them.

feynoob

Banned
No.

The confidence is fake PR bullshit, every year MS said they had the best conference ever and this year they didn't say it.

People is nowadays more aware (some still don't) that in past conferences they announced games that still weren't in production and that were going to be released in at least 6 or 7 years in the future.

Last year they said they were going to show games to be released in the next year and guess what many of these games still aren't released.

So I think MS will try to be more realistic, humble and belieable this time trying to don't make more broken promises. Showing real gameplay of games coming the next few months to Gamepass, specially the ones they are pretty sure will be relased in the next year or year and a half but without mentioning timeframes.

I think the reaction will be positive because they will show good stuff (Starfield, Forza, Contraband, and maybe -even if it's a vertical slice- of State of Decay 3, Avowed or Fable) plus cool 3rd party -mostly indies- coming to GP.

But many people will get angry because they'll expect to see some already announced games in the event that these fans think will be released this or next year, but the reality is that most of them (like Perfect Dark, Indiana Jones, Elder Scrolls VI or the ones I mentioned above if they don't appear) or anticipated unannounced games some fan may expect to see there(Gears 6, next Doom) pretty likely won't be released until at least 2025, 2026 or in some cases even beyond.
The games that you listed is a huge get for Xbox at this stage.
Have you seen the list of their released games before this showcase?

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Major difference.
Yet it had more games and considering latest drop in sales, sold better.

Is there a reason to assume that the digital percentages are gonna be drastically different from the physical ones?

Also, I‘m a bit surprised that PS4 is lower than XBox, especially considering that SF6 doesn’t even have a XBox One version.
There isn't. Somehow the delusion is that digital is always 50 50 when it's always at least 70 in ps favour.
Gamepass has convinced gamers not to buy games any more thinking every game will come to their service.

feynoob

Banned
There isn't. Somehow the delusion is that digital is always 50 50 when it's always at least 70 in ps favour.
Gamepass has convinced gamers not to buy games any more thinking every game will come to their service.
I wonder if you going to use this gamepass argument, when PS+ hits that milestone.

We might not see day1 from their first party games, but those drops from their 3rd party games is going to be something.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
We haven't even soon those games yet.
Let's not be doom and gloom here.
I'm talking about the present , not blindly hoping that cgi will turn into great games...But keep being optimistic (it wasn't sarcasm) some of us have been waiting for more than 10 years and just gave up.

feynoob

Banned
I'm talking about the present , not blindly hoping that cgi will turn into great games...But keep being optimistic (it wasn't sarcasm) some of us have been waiting for more than 10 years and just gave up.
Good for you for waiting for all these years.
Well, you can attend this showcase if you want to.
No one is forcing you there.
I understand most people here don't like Xbox, but let's no go that route.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I wonder if you going to use this gamepass argument, when PS+ hits that milestone.

We might not see day1 from their first party games, but those drops from their 3rd party games is going to be something.
Sony sales are not suffering due to their service, since they haven't been conditioning their fanbase day in and day out for 5+ years that subscribing to "The Netflix of Gaming™" is the way to go. They openly on numerous occasions, treat it as secondary option to their flagship gaming.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Sony sales are not suffering due to their service, since they haven't been conditioning their fanbase day in and day out for 5+ years that subscribing is the way to go. They treat openly on numerous occasions, treat it as secondary.
And PS+ isnt going anywhere and will be here for a long time.
It does the same thing as gamepass, aside of day1 first party games.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And PS+ isnt going anywhere and will be here for a long time.
It does the same thing as gamepass, aside of day1 first party games.
The Weeknd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's like you did not read anything I wrote, or just dismissed it outright. Context and nuance are a thing.

Thirty7ven

Banned
PS extra will more likely affect discounted games sales rather than full price new releases.

At least that seems to be the game now because once a game hits a certain price point it’s a real question now if you should bite or wait for ps extra.

feynoob

Banned
The Weeknd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's like you did not read anything I wrote, or just dismissed it outright. Context and nuance are a thing.
I read it fine. Just remember that PS+premium does exactly what you accuse of gamepass.
Only thing that makes it different is that day1 first party games.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I read it fine. Just remember that PS+premium does exactly what you accuse of gamepass.
Only thing that makes it different is that day1 first party games.
No shit. It's all about the marketing of your brand and the message you send.

But let that continue to fly over your head. We are clearly seeing the results of said brand power to their consumers.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You havent seen PS+ premium affect yet.
Because Sony has not marketed it day in and day out for 5+ years as the defacto way to play on PlayStation. Doing weekly interviews and tweeting up a storm while giving out $1 sub stacking for years like Halloween candy.

Again, things you seem to not correlate as to why MS is in the position they are in now. They just came up way short on where they thought their projected sub numbers would be at by now (which they announced a year or two ago they were way short). Hence the third party publisher scooping.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Because Sony has not marketed it day in and day out for 5+ years as the defacto way to play on PlayStation. Doing weekly interviews and tweeting up a storm while giving out $1 sub stacking for years like Halloween candy.

Again, things you seem to not correlate as to why MS is in the position they are in now. They just came up way short on where they thought their projected sub numbers would be at by now (which they announced a year or two ago they were way short). Hence the third party publisher scooping.
buddy, we are talking 3rd party games here, not first party.

Both service are putting those games on their service.
IF gamepass as you has an affect on 3rd party games, which doesnt exist as day1, then ps+ premium should do the same. You cant accuse one, while leaving the other.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

IF gamepass as you has an affect on 3rd party games, which doesnt exist as day1, then ps+ premium should do the same. You cant accuse one, while leaving the other.
People are conditioned to wait. Just like Steam sales and humble bundles conditioned PC gamers to wait over the years.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Good for you for waiting for all these years.
Well, you can attend this showcase if you want to.
No one is forcing you there.
I understand most people here don't like Xbox, but let's no go that route.
Dude you are extrapolating hard here....Maybe take a little break.

feynoob

Banned
People are conditioned to wait. Just like Steam sales and humble bundles conditioned PC gamers to wait over the years.
and that is what will happen to those subscription services.

But that thing still doesnt beat the desire to play those games day1. If you have the money, you will buy them. If your budget is tight, you will wait for them or save your money to buy them day1.

I bought few day1 games, not because I am waiting them, but because I cant stomach paying that much money on a single game. Especially, when I can get the entire dlc and everything included for cheap. I am very conservative with my money.

Come on. When gamepass was being peddled as the best thing since Jesus, people acted like every game were coming to the service because a bunch of 3rd parties ended up on it at one point .

Good job Sony doesn't promote plus as the end all of being on their system or telling people all their games are coming to the sub then.

At the end of the day. Xbox players don't buy games any more, their either content with gamepass (lol) or genuinely believe most games will end up on it.

feynoob

Banned
Come on. When gamepass was being peddled as the best thing since Jesus, people acted like every game were coming to the service because a bunch of 3rd parties ended up on it at one point .

Good job Sony doesn't promote plus as the end all of being on their system or telling people all their games are coming to the sub then.

At the end of the day. Xbox players don't buy games any more, their either content with gamepass (lol) or genuinely believe most games will end up on it.
Its a different issue in which me and thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best discussed here.
Certain genre dont have that much userbase on Xbox, as they dont have the games or those users simply migrated to the better platform.

For example, Sony is the better platform for fighting games, considering they own evo, had sf5 exclusive. While Xbox on the other hand dropped the ball after killer instinct.

These type of situation creates a ripple effect. We see that with japanese games.

Unless Xbox does better job at attracting those users to their platform, they wont have a better sales.

The market share can be half half and it wont do that much. Games need their audience to sell.

Its a different issue in which me and thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best discussed here.
Certain genre dont have that much userbase on Xbox, as they dont have the games or those users simply migrated to the better platform.

For example, Sony is the better platform for fighting games, considering they own evo, had sf5 exclusive. While Xbox on the other hand dropped the ball after killer instinct.

These type of situation creates a ripple effect. We see that with japanese games.

Unless Xbox does better job at attracting those users to their platform, they wont have a better sales.

The market share can be half half and it wont do that much. Games need their audience to sell.
I don't think there's been a single multiplat game that's sold 50/50 since the PS4 and xbox1 launch.

I don't think there's been a single multiplat game that's sold 50/50 since the PS4 and xbox1 launch.

Globally? Not a chance.

In the US? Maybe COD, but doubt that too. Same for GTA.

That said if there's any multiplat that has a relatively close ratio between the two platforms, it would probably be COD, but only for the US market.

The difference is that PS has not (yet) shed away their biggest spenders (in terms of software purchases) to an outside ecosystem like Steam, whereas Microsoft has (or at least, done so for their majority) by doing Day 1 on PC.

Those are usually the ones who tend to buy most of the 3P games Day 1, versus waiting for a sale. By pushing most of them to PC, Microsoft also gave up a lot of their 3P sales revenue on Xbox. So, on Xbox MS are largely left with some remaining whales who mostly access their 1P games through Game Pass, and the casual and mainstream (the share of which for MS has been shrinking) who only buy a couple games a year, or some may not even buy any games and are content with F2P like Fortnite.

Sony hasn't done that, though they could in the future IF they continue an aggressive push for the big traditional games to PC or make them Day 1 on PC (and on storefronts they don't even own). At least, IMHO.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If you did for his, maybe you wouldn't have responded like that.
Dude, you are projecting hard here, I never said I hate Xbox, just that I was tired of waiting....If you think one equals the other you have serious problems.
Because in case you haven't noticed you are starting to go full kingfey now with bullshit arguments that nobody even mentionned here.
So maybe take a step back a deep breath and move on because it feels like something got you angry for absolutely nothing.

feynoob

Banned
Dude, you are projecting hard here, I never said I hate Xbox, just that I was tired of waiting....If you think one equals the other you have serious problems.
Because in case you haven't noticed you are starting to go full kingfey now with bullshit arguments that nobody even mentionned here.
So maybe take a step back a deep breath and move on because it feels like something got you angry for absolutely nothing.
More studios yet a lot less games...Look at all the series exclusives, it's shameful so far.

All I was its better than Xbox one games and you want a head jumped with these conclusions

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
All I was its better than Xbox one games and you want a head jumped with these conclusions
Man if that is the straw that broke the camel's back then maybe you do need to take a step back from these kind of threads.When I say that xbox series has had less games you went with they have more studios, great but so far these haven't release anything, so, so far they are behing what the xbox one offered how hateful is that supposed to be ?
And saying that it is good that you keep hope but some of us gave up is xbox hating now ?
Do you see how inofensive those comments were? yet you reacted like I was saying fuck Xbox at every post and that somehow affected you....
Dude that tells a lot more about you than me, but maybe you've had a rough week (not talking about gaming now) and are more sensitive because it happens to all of us of course.But really try to evacuate those bad feelings because to me until you went full kingfey again this was an amicable discussion between us two.You are the only one that got upset, the only one that felt that they were hate posts, so maybe just try to relax, get your mind on something else.
And I am not even angry or anything I am actually worried about you, because those posts were nothing really dude.I have been here long enough that you can find that when I hate reply to somebody believe me it is way more in your face that those innocent posts.

feynoob

Banned
Man if that is the straw that broke the camel's back then maybe you do need to take a step back from these kind of threads.When I say that xbox series has had less games you went with they have more studios, great but so far these haven't release anything, so, so far they are behing what the xbox one offered how hateful is that supposed to be ?
And saying that it is good that you keep hope but some of us gave up is xbox hating now ?
Do you see how inofensive those comments were? yet you reacted like I was saying fuck Xbox at every post and that somehow affected you....
Dude that tells a lot more about you than me, but maybe you've had a rough week (not talking about gaming now) and are more sensitive because it happens to all of us of course.But really try to evacuate those bad feelings because to me until you went full kingfey again this was an amicable discussion between us two.You are the only one that got upset, the only one that felt that they were hate posts, so maybe just try to relax, get your mind on something else.
And I am not even angry or anything I am actually worried about you, because those posts were nothing really dude.I have been here long enough that you can find that when I hate reply to somebody believe me it is way more in your face that those innocent posts.
Maybe you need to cool down little bit and understand the point first before going this rant.

Fable, avowed, hell blade 2, starfield, and all those announced games are much better than what Xbox had during Xbox one. And that is due to majority of Xbox one games being gears, Forza and halo. The bring fresh content to the platform.

The hate for Xbox is not that you actually hate the console, but the tone deaf reaction and bringing that 10 year nothing or CGI, something Xbox has been getting alot in this forum a lot.

Again, I am not accusing you of hating Xbox.

This thing dragged out too long, so sorry if we went off the derail there.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Maybe you need to cool down little bit and understand the point first before going this rant.

Fable, avowed, hell blade 2, starfield, and all those announced games are much better than what Xbox had during Xbox one. And that is due to majority of Xbox one games being gears, Forza and halo. The bring fresh content to the platform.

The hate for Xbox is not that you actually hate the console, but the tone deaf reaction and bringing that 10 year nothing or CGI, something Xbox has been getting alot in this forum a lot.

Again, I am not accusing you of hating Xbox.

This thing dragged out too long, so sorry if we went off the derail there.
The thing is I am not angry about anything but can you understand how games that we have barely seen anything of and that aren't released can also not be good?Do you and I wnt them to be good ?Damn right but are we sure that they will be ?No, even good studios can release bad games.
By the way I was talking abolut a head to head from release up until year 3 and so far Xb1 won, it may change but that wasn't the discussion until you brought that up.Just like Xbox hating and everything.
So maybe if people have problems with your posts but not mine maybe they weren't as bad as you thought they were.
I do agree that however good they will or will not be they do show a bit diversity but that doesn't mean they will be amazing or bad , just more diverse the rest is assumptions.

Top Bottom