• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

every amiibo collector has to watch this, its yoshi's woolly world
Yoshi Mario is kind of horrifying lol:
CF7VuWhWYAASSNh.png

Also my Splatoon order has now shipped =D

And of course, i missed the wave there too! Missing out waves in two countries counting! Gotta live up to the running joke of me and ordering Amiibos online, with classics like not being able to order from the Nintendo online store, from Game because they prevent it now, and multiple missed waves on the german amazon.

That is some serious custom profile tag material here.

I think i just try my luck around the launch week, by bugging the local Media Markt/Saturn stores on a daily basis.

Amazon.fr decided to cancel my extra Jigglypuff that I need for a trade with Crom, so I had to run out and secure one. Last Jigglypuff, no Greninja, lots of Splatoon. Saturn in Berlin. Have Squid and Greninja coming in from amazon.de.

sam_1720u6jv4.jpg

Not hyped about the new box size:

boxjtsk4.jpg

Mob

We regret to inform you that the lorry transporting the Splatoon stock from Nintendo's European warehouse to GAME UK has been stolen. Included in this delivery was our allocation of the Splatoon + Squid Inkling amiibo. As a result, we are unable to honour your original pre-order due for delivery on the 29th May 2015.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, we will unfortunately not be getting replacements for these missing items. We have no option but to substitute the Splatoon + Squid Inkling in your order with the standard version of the game. You will still receive your Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy amiibo. We will be discounting this edition by £10 from £52.99 to £42.99 to apologise for this inconvenience. We will also be sending your order by First Class post on Friday 29th May, as we want to make sure that you are happy with this substitution.

If you wish to cancel your complete order, or cancel your Splatoon game order and place an order for just the Inkling Girl or Boy amiibo (priced £14.99 each), please contact customer services on 0208 827 0099 or email us at customer.services@game.co.uk by midday Friday. If you wish to accept this substitution you do not need to contact us.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

The GAME Team

Gonna be some unhappy Game customers!

Flintty

Yup. Some pikey cunts stole my green squid Amiibo.

What is the world coming to!?

Nice deal from Game tho. Got the game and two Amiibos for £43.

Game cancelled my greninja and Jigglypuff because of payment issues. Wtf I have no idea what the problem is.Every other payment ever went fine. Think they done it on purpose? I'm honestly getting fed up.

Did you use paypal?

Yepp but I always do...

Just gave them a call after waiting a queue of 30 people I got through and he said the problem isn't on my end and they've had the same problem with a few people now but they can't sort it out right now as they are very busy due to the splatoon problem and that they will call me tomorrow at midday and they should be able to sort it out.

I said I hope there won't be a stock issue because I ordered my amiibo early and others have gone through who ordered later and he said I'll be fine and sounded positive. I really hope so because I'm close to giving up on this rubbish.

klark

Neo Member
When did you order them? I ordered from Zavvi and haven't got anything. Not even a shipping notification

Ordered 9th April. Email confirmation received at 17.05.

Check your status on the zavvi website. It should say whether they are preparing for dispatch or not - mine did.

mellowfiend

Neo Member
SCIi2x0.jpg

Got Splatoon pack from Nintendo UK today - all of them have a really solid feel to them especially Splatoon Girl's tentacle hair which is nice and chunky.

Couldn't believe the news about the Game lorry - if it's not one thing it's the next with these Amiibo's...

Still waiting on Greninja and Jigglypuff from both Nintendo UK and Game, although they both say they have been dispatched.

Assuming they haven't been hijacked, if anyone wants my Game set, let me know before the end of the week before I take them back.

Of course I'd happily swap them both and quite possibly my soul as well for an EU Shulk that doesn't cost £50...

JonnyKong

Are we thinking the Splatoon amiibo will be in high demand in shops? I'm regretting not ordering the boy and girl now so I might try go into town on Friday for them.

Spades

Sorry for terrible photo quality but...

Yay, Splatoon get!

wnT6ae3.jpg

Some really nice detail on the Splatoon Amiibo.

hWQWE8I.jpg

Love the ink canister with ink inside.

Chopper

I received my Greninja and Jigglypuff from Nintendo UK this morning, and am gutted to have had my first bad experience with them. Both amiibo had been crammed into a box that was clearly too small for them, so the backing cards had been bent and the plastic crumpled. I do intend on opening them, but if I wasn't I would be FURIOUS. I have sent an angry email anyway.

Edit: Interesting. Despite the fact that they "do not compensate for damage to packaging as this is not considered part of the items inherent value", I was offered a £5 discount code anyway, as a gesture of goodwill. I don't agree with that policy, especially concerning amiibo, but I'll take it.

EmiPrime

Do we know yet what the situation is with reprints in Europe? I have a copy of STEAM ordered with Marth through Shopto with a release date of 15 June but that's all I have been able to find.

Top Bottom