• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Finally my Ness arrived. Paid premium price AND customs, but f*** it, I'm done waiting and chasing ghosts.

18176711346_7c6beb6c7a_m.jpg

Luckily my Greninja, Jigglypuff and Splatoon + Squid are all coming tomorrow. Normal prices!

With my Wave 7 (AZFR) and Wave 8 (AZUK) preorders this has been an awesome week for Amiibo!

Koren

With my Wave 7 (AZFR) and Wave 8 (AZUK) preorders this has been an awesome week for Amiibo!
Same... Curiously lucky this week. I've a preorder for all announced and unrealeased ones, and a preorder for the reprint of the only released one I don't have (Dedede).

I'm a bit worried that Amazon FR shipped both inkings separately because the packaging may be bad with a single Amiibo in it, and also by the fact that Greninja/Jigglypuff haven't shipped, but fingers crossed.

Those are wave 5. The only wave 6 Amiibo you didn't list is Dr Mario
Ah, alright, thanks for clearing that up! Guess i have to retail hunt Ganondorf and ZSS. :)

How is the availability for the Inkling-Amiibos? Got the Squid and the Inkling-Girl ordered from Amazon.fr, coming monday ... but right now, i'm itching to get out and get the Inkling-Boy, too.

A few questions guys:

Am i right in thinking the Squid amiibo wasn't released on it's own in thw UK (just as part of the special edition? The was released on it's own in the US and Japan?

The three pack wasn't released at all in the UK at all but was in the US and Japan?

As Amiibos are not region locked the only difference is the text on the box?

Is there a way to tell an US amiibo from a UK amiibo by anything on the box?

Still waiting on Greninja and Jigglypuff from both Nintendo UK and Game, although they both say they have been dispatched.

Assuming they haven't been hijacked, if anyone wants my Game set, let me know before the end of the week before I take them back.

I will happily take Greninja and Jigglypuff off your hands please.

TheMoon

A few questions guys:

Am i right in thinking the Squid amiibo wasn't released on it's own in thw UK (just as part of the special edition? The was released on it's own in the US and Japan?

The three pack wasn't released at all in the UK at all but was in the US and Japan?

As Amiibos are not region locked the only difference is the text on the box?

Is there a way to tell an US amiibo from a UK amiibo by anything on the box?

yes but it was only released separately in Japan, nowhere else
yes, three pack is the only way to get it in AU/NA
yes
yes: PAL amiibo boxes for the Super Smash Bros. series are numbered and have names in various languages on them if they are different

SMB amiibo boxes are identical afaik except for the usual +6 age guide in the top right corner of US boxes
Splatoon amiibo in the US also have French and Spanish names for the amiibo on the box, too. PAL ones are English and French only and lack the "+6" age thing

just look at pictures lol

mclem

For what it's worth, inside Special Edition boxes the Amiibo is fully-packaged. You could take it out and have a conventionally-boxed Amiibo.

mr-paul

Anyone have any experience of australian imports?

Found a good price of £32 for the Splatoon triple pack on eBay, from Australia, have messaged them to see who they use for delivery/whether their customers tend get import charges when shipping to the UK. If they use Royal Mail they have handling charges of £8, plus the VAT, so I'd rather avoid. If they mark as a gift though, as some companies do, I'll be going straight for this!

I have the digital copy so it's the only way to get hold of the Squid amiibo!

For what it's worth, inside Special Edition boxes the Amiibo is fully-packaged. You could take it out and have a conventionally-boxed Amiibo.

Oh really? I had no idea about that.

Thanks, that's really useful to know. I always thought it was the big special edition box that housed the Amiibo.

mr-paul

you could import from Japan, they sell the squid on its own.

True, but they don't often ship directly to the UK, do they? Going through a forwarding company is quite a bit of hassle! I need the other two too, and the UK prices on them are pretty bad!

Anyway, I'll let you know if I hear back from the seller. They seem like a reputable company, just need to be 100% sure of the fees etc. before jumping at it.

TheMoon

True, but they don't often ship directly to the UK, do they? Going through a forwarding company is quite a bit of hassle! I need the other two too, and the UK prices on them are pretty bad!

Anyway, I'll let you know if I hear back from the seller. They seem like a reputable company, just need to be 100% sure of the fees etc. before jumping at it.

They generally do. Only amazon.co.jp really requires a shipping proxy.

Hobohodo

I had both arrive from Game earlier today.

Hopefully th arrive before the end of the day then. GAME have been weird for me, only been charged for one Amiibo but the site says both have been dispatched. There spares anyway that I'm gonna be passing on to a mate but still would like to know what's up with them.

More concerned about the Inkling Girl ordered from Shopto. Got all 4 of the Amiibo that launched today ordered from there, all dispatched on Wednesday at the same time but only Jiggly, Greninja and Inkling Boy showed up yesterday.

taranatar

Think I'm done now, seriously considering selling all of mine.

Full Mario Party Set
All 3 Inkllings,
Mario Smash Set - All released apart from Meta and Shulk.

All UK boxed. Don't even want scalping prices, just my money back retail. :(

Full Mario Party Set
All 3 Inkllings,

I would be interested in buying a few off you for retail price if you're serious.

taranatar

I'm dead serious. Honestly though I'd prefer to sell them all together as I'd get stuck with the common ones.

Was thinking of like £10 each + a bit for postage.

I'm dead serious. Honestly though I'd prefer to sell them all together as I'd get stuck with the common ones.

Was thinking of like £10 each + a bit for postage.

i've already got like 20 so i wouldn't want to buy them as a complete set. I'd understand you wanting to try selling it like that first though.

I would happily buy:

Villager
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Pit
DeDe
Rosalina

so £60 +P&P.

Give it a bash selling it on ebay as a full set first though. You might get more than £10 each if you do it that way.

Nosgoroth

So, I just bought Splatoon digitally, and the eShop spat out a 10% discount code to use towards an amiibo from the Nintendo UK Store. Since I'm not actually in the UK, I can't use it, so I'll leave it here using ye olde "quote to reveal" method - it's the first time I do it, so I hope I'm not doing it wrong. It's good up until the 30th of June.

Now, if only I could find any Splatoon amiibos in Spain...

mr-paul

Full Mario Party Set
All 3 Inkllings,

When you say boxed, are they opened/used, just with their boxes? Or unused?
Would be willing to make you an offer on the three inklings if you're willing to sell them as a set.

Did a two day round around the city.

4 shops with Amiibo.
The store I ordered the Splatoon LE + inkling girl/boy amiibo from told me they would only get one boy and one girl inkling. Nothing more. And I wasn't the first for them.
They got 10 LE Splatoon though. Got my LE here.

Luckily. One other shop had inkling amiibo. Got the last Boy and Girl inkling. No restock either. It's back to wave 1 + luigi and diddy here.

To be fair. The other stores did get Splatoon LE.
The inklings and Smash amiibo are nowhere here anymore though.

I received my Greninja and Jigglypuff from Nintendo UK this morning, and am gutted to have had my first bad experience with them. Both amiibo had been crammed into a box that was clearly too small for them, so the backing cards had been bent and the plastic crumpled. I do intend on opening them, but if I wasn't I would be FURIOUS. I have sent an angry email anyway.

Edit: Interesting. Despite the fact that they "do not compensate for damage to packaging as this is not considered part of the items inherent value", I was offered a £5 discount code anyway, as a gesture of goodwill. I don't agree with that policy, especially concerning amiibo, but I'll take it.

Just got mine from Nintendo, too. They did pack them tightly this time round so the chance of damage is pretty high on them. Sure, if one is ultra picky then they're a grade lower than fresh off the belt mint, but they're otherwise is excellent condition thankfully.

Are these supposed to be stupidly rare, or just the gold version?

Either way, for 13 quid it should be easy enough to at least make tge money back on eBay I guess. Ordered

Well they are NA exclusive right now (Australia is getting them next month)
There are no plans for a EU release yet.

Gold Mario was expected to be rare so everyone bought him as much as they could. Now people are regretting it, so Silver mario is being bought less.

Flintty

I got my revised order from Game today, following the lorry theft.

Both Amiibos are awesome. I had a nice surprise of a free squidling hat as well, Game done good for a change.

I ordered the game with the green squid Amiibo from Amazon so now I just have to see if the Game store will refund me on the game...

cyba89

amazon.de heads-up:
Olimar/Dr.Mario/Bowser Jr. have been updated with pictures now. So preorders may
or may not
start soon.
Is it possible that preorders go up at the weekend?

Spades

If anyone is interested in Silver Mario, you can get him from Amazon US for around £13 delivered to the UK.

Edit; sorry, should've read above first!

Fucking Nintendo UK store.

Seriously, these guys are clowns.

I ordered 2 Amiibo from them. They crammed them both in one small box and the one on top is totally trashed.

This is the 5th time i've used them and the 5th time i've had issues.

Sometimes there is no alternative to using them (they have exclusive editions of things, or in this case, stock at retail price i couldn't find elsewhere).

Just a warning to box collectors. It's a real risk with them.

Spades

I ordered 2 Amiibo from them. They crammed them both in one small box and the one on top is totally trashed.

Sometimes there is no alternative to using them (they have exclusive editions of things, or in this case, stock at retail price i couldn't find elsewhere).

It's really strange; I've had around 5 Amiibo orders from them too and all have been perfect.

Chopper

I had the exact same issue. Cause a fuss. I got a discount code off my next purchase.

Silver mario is up on Amazon.com and it SHIPS to the UK

Costs just under £13 intotal including delivery/shipping

go -> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WKJ0LA8/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Wow. What's the catch?! Ordered.

Just come back from holiday to find that yodel have delivered my splatoon set and put it in a secure place on the 28th. The secure place was at the side of my shed in my garden next to a path. The parcel is not there now.
Fuming. There customer services are shut until Monday. Should I contact Nintendo or Yodel?

Just come back from holiday to find that yodel have delivered my splatoon set and put it in a secure place on the 28th. The secure place was at the side of my shed in my garden next to a path. The parcel is not there now.
Fuming. There customer services are shut until Monday. Should I contact Nintendo or Yodel?

I had a parcel go missing that i ordered from Nintendo UK and they fucked me around for weeks.

I actually had to print a form and sign it to make a legally binding document in case i was trying to commit fraud and get more than 1 copy of something out of them.

Raise a ticket on the Nintendo site (Even doing that is a pain in the arse) and begin the process.

Top Bottom