• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezbollah

Surely a fantasy of Corbyn to mention tariff free single market access while acknowledging UK is leaving the EU and freedom of movement is going to end

This has happened a few times and is stated in the manifesto so it's not just tonight

This is my main takeaway from this. If Corbyn expects tariff free single market access without freedom of movement he's off with the birds.

Pinkuss

I tuned in for two minutes at the end of this; from what I understand Paxman doesn't actually want to hear the answers and Corbyn held himself well (The Bin Laden bit especially got a clap because how crazy is it we should hold yourself higher than these people).

Any chance we can make a complaint if May gets a massive hug and a good luck?

K, guys and gals, get the drinks ready.

Take a shot every time she says "strong and stable" and "in the national interest"
I've got work tomorrow and I'm pretty tipsy. I'll down a gob full of Coors though (If I call in ill from alcohol poisoning I'm blaming the Tories though)

f0rk

I do wonder what good Corbyn expected to come out of putting Bin Laden on trial.

Surely a fantasy of Corbyn to mention tariff free single market access while acknowledging UK is leaving the EU and freedom of movement is going to end

This has happened a few times and is stated in the manifesto so it's not just tonight

His Brexit plan does some really weak apart from the workers rights issues around the edges. Paxman completely failed at making that a point though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone's Brexit plan is shit because there is no non-shit Brexit plan.

Pinkuss

Crime is changing.... I'm more worried about the increasing violence around my local (and niceish) area. But lets skip on that; it's old stuff.

I can't imagine May is going to do well.

The Remain vote is very interesting as a problem - Labour have successfully made hay out of "well we don't like Brexit but we're totally going to Brexit" - same as the Tories.

Again if this was something up for a proper debate then 2nd Ref/Carry On would be am interesting split. But the two big parties agree so there is no real debate. The LDs can do so much to talk about it without a decent amount of media coverage.

This is, as I have said prior, why this is a bizarre election.

AHA-Lambda

Wow, that Scotland winter fuel response seems to me like a complete and utter lie

The Scottish conservatives don't want it means tested after all, and we know Ruth is in May's pockets

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
May's more composed than Corbyn and hits the right buzzwords but has managed to avoid answering almost every question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom