• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Most of the seats labour are gaining won't be in their heartlands but in the cities and other areas were youth turnout is high. Conservative seats in the southwest and east like Rudd's are in danger of flipping.

Yeah all those Labour gains in the cities

Par Score

Stop fretting over results all in a very small geographic area that are all Labour safe seats.

The earliest seat to be worth a fuck is Nuneaton at 1am. If the exit poll gets that badly wrong then feel free to resort to cannibalism or whatever.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's not postal votes. Has nothing to do with that. It's just: the exit poll shows you the national swing. Regional areas have different regional politics. We've only really seen results from one region.

Imagine: two equal sized regions, A and B. A has a +12 Blue swing. B has a +12 Red swing. A perfect exit poll will show 0 swing. We're at the point where A's result has come in and we're saying "fuck, the exit poll is all wrong!".

Yeah, my first thought was also going to different swing in different areas. I guess the postal votes would be weighted in based on the previous polls and previous elections.

Pandy

https://yougov.co.uk/uk-general-election-2017/

CON 302
LAB 269
SNP 44
LD 12
PC 2
Green 1
Other 2
-----
NI 18

YouGov's model has the advantage of breaking things down regionally, so unlike the exit poll you can actually see the regional disparities. If anything, the results have been moderately more pro-Labour than I'd have expected (very marginally, don't get excited).

That's more like the SNP number I was expecting.

Having to call it a night. Should be a much clearer picture when I wake up.
VeyM1.gif

jelly

Well, this is interesting. If May gets the boot with no majority, not a bad day.

SNP might have crumbled, don't think that's the end for them, people are just sick of Brexit and IndyRef2. Brexit needs played out then they might come back again.

Jezbollah

Newcastle upon Tyne East:
Lab: 67.6% (+18.1)
Con: 21.3% (+3.7)
LDem: 6.2% (-4.9)
UKIP: 3.2% (-9.4)
Grn: 1.8% (-6.9)

North Swindon:
Con: 53.6% (+3.3)
Lab: 38.4% (+10.6)
LDem: 3.6% (+0.3)
UKIP: 2.8% (-12.5)
Grn: 1.6% (-1.7)

Razzer

The real test of the yougov model will be when we get to a seat that yougov have as better for labour than the exit poll does. If they call that correctly as well then yougov is possibly correct.

weekev

Banned
Wow Swindon result looking more promising. When the marginal seats start coming in this could be incredibly interesting.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
yougov says 52% in swindon north for tories - reality 54%

Again, YouGov within the statistical margin of error

Honestly, I think we might actually be closer to YouGov than anyone expected. I don't want to get hype, but Labour has actually been very slightly overperforming YouGov's model, if anything.

Oriel

Tories gain their first seat. And tonights election production values on the networks has been atrocious so far. Sound poor, slow to update graphics of count numbers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom