• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunonabi

Well I got Donovan and Aulbath in cameo form. Now all I need is Victor and Q-Bee. The endings are still kind of lackluster. Wright's being the exception.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Firebrand is such a shitty character. No one should pick him up. If you do might as well play shitty ass shuma while you are at it. Rocket looks pretty shit too I mean such low damage and weird combos and small hitboxes HE CANT EVEN JM,JM IN THE AIR WHAT SHIT IS THAT!

Kubisa

Neo Member
Glad to see Thor's buffs, especially to the command grab. Use it so often to grab incoming characters but the range was pitiful in vanilla. He's going up a tier for sure, but I'm not sure if that's going to change anything.

Shoutouts to Brooklyn: Home of the Urley Copy (Excuse the shitty camera pic)

0xDBE.png

Rummy Bunnz said:
If you find it could you please share the info? Either here or PM is fine. Some folks are saying some shop in Jersey has it but man, I don't wanna go to Jersey.
I'll shoot you a PM.

Mit-

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Shoutouts to Brooklyn: Home of the Urley Copy (Excuse the shitty camera pic)

I'll shoot you a PM.
Message Spooky about it on Facebook so he can get it urley and stream it :(

Neki

man, my first exposure to team spooky was URLEY marvel. it seemed so ghetto back then. it's so weird imagining where he is now. from URLEY marvel to EVO. good times.

Tobe

Ultimoo said:
man, my first exposure to team spooky was URLEY marvel. it seemed so ghetto back then. it's so weird imagining where he is now. from URLEY marvel to EVO. good times.
kings of poverty!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
You should of seen Urley SSF4 good times :D

Neki

QisTopTier said:
You should of seen Urley SSF4 good times :D
doesn't sound as good as marvel urley gaf.

nerdjosh owning people with ASS, then fighting Marn and getting whooped. trying to back out, but spooky wouldn't let him, LOL.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nah man the SSF4 urley stream lasted a week straight NON STOP it never shut off. They streamed and watched the sf movie together, old legend of zelda cartoon eps and a bunch of other wacky shit durng the weird hours of the day. It was truly fucking awesome.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Terareflection said:
:/
Didn't they say that they would be using new netcode or something like that.

I don't think they didn't mention anything about that. (I think they were talking about new mode which is Spec. Mode?)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The original MVC3 tourney is finally near it's end.

GHzn8.jpg

For the top. SephirothRK-[vs]-Cloudius

For third place to watch the two brothers do nasty things to each other. Karsticles-[vs]-Jetman1.

°Rules for the end°
First to ten. Best out of nineteen.
Winner gets to brag.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
_dementia said:
Thanks, I guess that seals the deal for me.

don't quote me for that. After two people apparently disagreed with me and I googled it up.

Niitsuma said that they retooled the network to make it less lag on Capcom Stream.

It made sense why I never heard of it.

Chavelo

Kadey said:
The original MVC3 tourney is finally near it's end.

GHzn8.jpg

For the top. SephirothRK-[vs]-Cloudius

For third place to watch the two brothers do nasty things to each other. Karsticles-[vs]-Jetman1.

°Rules for the end°
First to ten. Best out of nineteen.
Winner gets to brag.

It only took 7 months for GAF to finish this... Good job, team! :3

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh yeah. Prizes.

kKD84.jpg

UMVC3 will also get it's own tournament. I already discussed how it will be. 360 only. And I will be much more strict with the timing this go around.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kadey said:
Oh yeah. Prizes.

kKD84.jpg

UMVC3 will also get it's own tournament. I already discussed how it will be. 360 only. And I will be much more strict with the timing this go around.

OMG! SIGN ME UP FOR 360!

this time i wouldn't lose my dvd.

Smo21

Kadey said:
Oh yeah. Prizes.

[]http://i.imgur.com/kKD84.jpg[/]

Im down for 360 tourney.

*edit is that mvc3 stick box i see?

sephi22

I just played my friend online in Player Match mode. The mode is improved now because you can invite your friend and hence hit quick rematch after every battle.

Ran an experimental Captain America/Nemesis/Hawkeye team. I'm in love
with Hawkeye. Seriously this dude is great. You can Arrow hyper Xfactor trap arrow -> Hurr Durr Combo. He's going to be in every team of mine from now on.

Fstrike said:
OMG. Jump Cancelling changes everything. :O

SAB CA said:
Thor Changes / new combos from Royal Flush:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KdRVc99yvo

That all looks pretty cool to me. Anyone here play Thor enough to care?
I plan on picking him up.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ultimoo said:
yeah and chavelo won't get robbed of his marvel game

I'm sure 360 GAF, I'M SURE.

Oh right. He's from Mexico or Southern US right?

If he is. I have fought few mexican without any lags but most of them lagged hardcore. Most of friends in southwestern states usually don't lag that bad to me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
sephi22 said:
I just played my friend online in Player Match mode. The mode is improved now because you can invite your friend and hence hit quick rematch after every battle.

Did you know you could do this in Vanilla? Select Join a Player Match, set the language to something goofy, then send an invite via your freinds list.

Oh, and I'm all for joining in the Tourney and getting exposed. :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yes. Yes and yes.

Bingo type tournament. Will start last week of November and last until the final week of the year. Registration thread will be up very soon.

360 only. All matches to be streamed.

Only one winner. One of the prizes. An HORI UMVC3 arcade stick.

And I only want serious players only. If you quit during the tournament, you will likely not get to enter any other tournaments ever.

V_Arnold

I think my starting team will be:
-Iron Fist / Hawkeye / Nova.

But only Iron Fist is the one that I feel is "rock-solid".
New Trish feels amazing. New Thor is amazingly not only faster, but seems like more..viable anyway :D More damage? Even more? Dunno.
Viper's optic blast is SLOW. You literally need to charge it for 2-3 seconds before being able to shoot. Non-spammable. :(
Deadpool is nice, the normal cancel to teleport, I do not feel. Do not get where the hole is to apply combos. I guess I need to find the proper assists for that.
Phoenix Wright feels crappy for me, but Frank West is clearly better just by that glance.

Dr. Strange is odd too as of yet. Need to do his missions to decide whether I will like him or not :D (Also, Firebrand is....interesting. He has some very strong zoning tools. Goes to the air to spam you with stuff and comes back in a matter of a single second. Cant wait to see the pros to practice/use him.)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kadey said:
Yes. Yes and yes.

Bingo type tournament. Will start last week of November and last until the final week of the year. Registration thread will be up very soon.

And I only want serious players only. If you quit during the tournament, you will likely not get to enter any other tournaments ever.

Wait, last week of nov to last week of dec?

What about Christmas Vacations? I meant a lot of people is going to home or somewhere for vacation.

Neki

Kadey said:
Yes. Yes and yes.

looks like solarpowered is already out.

Chavelo

Ultimoo said:
yeah and chavelo won't get robbed of his marvel game

I'm sure 360 GAF, I'M SURE.

I... I...

/tears up

:*-(

Serious update: Moved out of my old place, and a bit south from Denver with a roommate. She has a PS3, and I've been trying to do a bit of Marvel on that. Might do a few matches this weekend. Thinking of maybe getting an Xbox on black friday, tho. Will have to see. :O

IntelliHeath said:
Oh right. He's from Mexico or Southern US right?

If he is. I have fought few mexican without any lags but most of them lagged hardcore. Most of friends in southwestern states usually don't lag that bad to me.

Denver, CO. :D

So far, I only had one laggy match with... smurfx, I think?

Wait, no... that was just me being free. :-(

Kadey said:

Oh, really? Does quitting on the MVC3 tourney due to changing systems consoles? :-(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
fuck that

I got stuck with a no show for weeks and I thought my quitting would speed things up(yeesh).
Maybe I should of been an ass about no shows in the tourney thread sooner LOL

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
No go for URLEY at my philly spot. Now the question is how bad do I want it URLEY? 90 miles 1 way bad?

Any Philly/South NJ/DE/MD spots I don't know of? Seriously considering hitting North Jersey/NYC to get this tonight.

I want my CapAm/Nemesis/Nova URLEY....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom