• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Dahbomb said:
Isn't it just better to do LMHS QCF+ L QCB + L QCF +M Charge chi Launcher -> BBCS QCB + M, QCB + L, QCF+H OTG into hyper? That's the combo that Justin was doing and it was basically putting Vergil to near death every time. I think at the last part you can do like Up kicks into Dragon Kick after the low kick.

Will test it in a sec. The QCF+L/QCB+L/QCF+M in the beginning is definitely an improvement, not to mention boosting hyper gain by a significant amount.

Dahbomb

It was a reference/cameo in MVC3 with Tron.

It's pure troll in UMVC3. They actually changed one of the endings to put him back in and the poster troll is a CONFIRMED troll (like Seth said it's a TROLL). They are putting in way too much effort and focus on a character who isn't in the game.

Ghost Rider and Dante best friends forever!

I think that's all of them right? WE ARE NOW FREE!!!

Someone needs to do Hsien-Ko's ending lol. She gave us a new character, who knows if she will do it again.
SolarKnight said:
Ok, the calling of every MM cameo or reference a troll is getting tiring guys >__>
It doesn't stop being a troll just because there is more and more of it.

It just means the trolling is going overboard.

Off topic: Damn, this avatar is just right.

Yeah, I was totally upset when I typed HUGE TROLL. So disappointed and angry, I couldn't help but curse Capcom to death in the posts I made after that.

Dear Lord, I'm outraged right about nzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Azure J

Megaman trolling is reaching almost stream monster proportions. Capcom can't have put that many different shots in only to troll, that's just as lulzy as the whole Megaman "trolling" everyone's bought into since MML3's cancellation & Ultimate's simultaneous announcement.

The biggest thing from all of this imo is
Tessa, Donovan, a BOF character (though Ryu & Nina >>>>>>>> anything else thanks to my little knowledge of the series)
showing up. The first two are massive and have been supported by me since the beginning of the wishlists. :D

Dahbomb said:
It was a reference/cameo in MVC3 with Tron.

It's pure troll in UMVC3. They actually changed one of the endings to put him back in and the poster troll is a CONFIRMED troll (like Seth said it's a TROLL). They are putting in way too much effort and focus on a character who isn't in the game.

I must be the only one to not see it that way then, the troll comments annoy me much more than the supposed trolls (ignoring the X alt for Zero thing). They couldn't get a playable MM in the game, so probably they added more references and cameos with the intention of giving the fans something. It's the same thing I said about the X alt, they likely have a good intention, but the fanbase is interpretting everything negatively.

Dahbomb

Damn those Thor buffs! :O

It's one thing to look at changelogs and be like "oh cool he can charge up faster and has more hit stun" but no one really knows what that translates into. Here we have a solo Thor relaunch combo with a fully charged Mighty Smash (which was impossible before because it took forever to charge) and do easily 700K plus damage.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Watch to Vids end with Thor. HE STILL HAS THE OLD SPEECH TOO! So no loss, thankfully.

IntelliHeath said:

Wohoo! :) He looks like he was pretty solidly buffed, from what little I know of him, so enjoy! ^_^ (Really haven't given him a chance myself in ages...)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I am very pleased that two BOF characters got into two endings in UMVC3.

Garr and Rei

SAB CA said:
Watch to Vids end with Thor. HE STILL HAS THE OLD SPEECH TOO! So no loss, thankfully.

Wohoo! :) He looks like he was pretty solidly buffed, from what little I know of him, so enjoy! ^_^ (Really haven't given him a chance myself in ages...)

Yeah, I am going to pick him up and give him a try. Hopefully my team would get benefit from Thor.

Btw I played ranked match today and I accidently clicked random team. I got Thor on my team. I won the match with him.

AnkiRendan said:
Those are all the endings? No love for Sengoku Basara and Onimusha...I doubt they'll be in H & H either. -_-
Legal issues with historical figures/actors, respectively?

I remember that on Capcom-Unity on the DLC character poll for Vanilla (lol), the mod said not to request any characters form those two series.

V_Arnold

Dahbomb said:
Isn't it just better to do LMHS QCF+ L QCB + L QCF +M Charge chi Launcher -> BBCS QCB + M, QCB + L, QCF+H OTG into hyper? That's the combo that Justin was doing and it was basically putting Vergil to near death every time. I think at the last part you can do like Up kicks into Dragon Kick after the low kick.

Alright, the up to the air -> OTG stuff basically scales similarly to what I desribed up there, so the damage with a lv1. hyper will end up in the 580-620k range both times. What matters however, is how many hyper do they generate by themselves, but I will practice this further before recording meter gains :D

Dahbomb

Professor Beef said:
Is the Muramasa sword from Onimusha?
It's from Marvel. It negates mutant powers on hit (or something similar) and it can completely override Wolverine's healing factor so Vergil + Muramasa = dead Wolverine.

NEW X23 COMBO TECHNOLOGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meyXW06UNDU&feature=player_embedded#!

The new special cancels have allowed her to get into Wolverine+level of damage solo (of course with more execution).

This shit is getting me OMEGA HYPED for UMVC3!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I always wanted to see Rei in-game again, the Cameo is a nice little suprise. Garr I didn't expect in the least... that's very cool. Oh, and the Cleric from Magic Sword being alongside Tessa... yeah, that's just obscure as possible, haha. Who'se the woman between him and Garr? She makes me think of a BG character from Darkstalkers, but I'm sure there's more to it than that?

Where's my BoF2 Nina? XD

There's no black guys in the game to play, but they're ALL OVER the endings, too, haha.

All the Cameo-stuff is well-played though. SO many characters I'd have love to see in-game... I'm a bit happy just to see them remembered, though.

And I swear, the West Coast Avengers is like... The NEW new Age Thundercats or something. They even have a Tigra! ;)

SolarPowered said:
By Odin's beard!

Thor must've been taking the juice over the summer with Chris and Ryu.

He, Chris, and Ryu are getting some impressive changes. It's actually quite nice to see some characters get so well-understood and retooled for the new mechanics... Some of the details are smart and very well thought-out.

Depends on which one you are referring to.

Muramasa blade with muramasa's soul gives the wielder superhuman strength and superpowers.

The one with part of Logan's soul negates healing factor. Obvious Vergil got the original. Or maybe both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom