• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

GuardianE said:
Vergil's not a combo heavy character? Even if he's not Dante, he's still has more combo self-continuation tools than 90% of the cast.
I guess that's true... it's just too difficult not to compare him to Dante but after seeing the Ise stuff yeah... he can combo it up in Mahvel.

Also I am hearing positive stuff about Dante + Vergil, Strider + Vergil and Vergil + Wesker. :D

For those people who want to know why I shat bricks at Vergil doing multiple Helm Breakers in a combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCnWE7pHnAA

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
I guess that's true... it's just too difficult not to compare him to Dante but after seeing the Ise stuff yeah... he can combo it up in Mahvel.

Also I am hearing positive stuff about Dante + Vergil, Strider + Vergil and Vergil + Wesker. :D

For those people who want to know why I shat bricks at Vergil doing multiple Helm Breakers in a combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCnWE7pHnAA

I like to pick characters from different universes to put onto one team, but the urge to place both Dante and Vergil on the same team is pretty irresistible. I would try to end every match with a THC and send a message that just reads, "Jackpot!" :)

I'm going to do a lot of experimentation with different teams, and I feel like I'll have a ton of sub teams... that's kind of why I wanted more team slots. :(\

Bookmarking the video for later.

Dahbomb

Why is Wolverine in 3 endings already? Not that I am complaining.

CABLE! :D Also is that Black Widow and Nick Fury I see in the background?

Caj814

General Shank-a-snatch said:
0Oivg.gif

Dahbomb

FChamp after seeing Nova's ending: WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW.......

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nori Chan

I think I'm gonna avoid this thread for the ending spoilers. I actually enjoyed them all and got great shock value when other characters showed up.

sephi22 said:
Well, atleast I can say this with confidence - all of the 12 new characters are unique, and are some of the strongest characters in this game, and all of the old cast is good, except for Hsien Ko, who is still shit.

All but one of us are satisfied, and all is right with the world.
Nils said:
I am thankful for SolarPowered carrying the weight of all our sins.

Gene and Megaman will help me bear that weight.
Dahbomb said:
Come on Iron Fist! I have faith in your ending! :D
indeed

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
Marlinpie has the game. Im hoping he streams tonight.
YES YES YEEESSSSSSS

Bah I didn't want endings or trolls spoiled but too late.. Looking forward to getting to them myself.

Masamuna

shaowebb said:
I'm happy what I suspected turned out to be true. That She-Hulk players would pick up Iron Fist for that big damage high pressure ground game. I'm betting many will convert permanently to Iron Fist given her crL and slide nerf. She-Hulk's still good, but she takes a bit more care to setup. Iron Fist has the same weaknesses she does, but his moves advance him really harshly at folks, and he has some really good options on his assists to choose from. Makes him more usable for teams outside of just OTG's which is about all we ever saw She-Hulk used for. Plus his hypers give people a lot more combo options.

I'm betting a lot of folks dump She-Hulk for Iron Fist and topping the list I hope to see Combofiend. I love Spencer play and those two characters would help each other sooooooo much.

If his grapple assist helps IF get a free crumple off of any situation then he'll definitely be BFF's with Rand along with Doom and possibly Strider. Are there any other assist that take an airborne opponent and force them grounded ala Spencer?

Dahbomb

Since it's going to be posted anyway, might as well start adding to this:

MVC3 Cameos:

Iron Fist (in UMVC3)
Mephesto
Satannish
Daredevil
Ghost Rider (in UMVC3)
Nemesis (in UMVC3)
Dazzler
Kingpin
Dr Strange (in UMVC3)
Nightcrawler
Ka-Zar, Shanna and Zabu
Mojo
Spiral
Mega Man EXE
Fing Fang Foom
Silver Surfer
Nick Fury
Heimdall
Phoenix Wright (in UMVC3)
Miles Edgeworth
Jonah Jameson
Archangel
Banshee
Ice Man
Black Panther
Lord Raptor

UMVC3 (help me out here):

Cable
Lady Deathstrike
Galactus
Black Widow?
Bishop?
Roll
Bass
Mega Man
Mr Fantastic
Mephisto
Toad
Scarlet Witch
Tessa
Toad
Blob
Donovan
Loki
Clea
Luke Cage
Brother Voodoo

Probably a few more.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Still feels like they wrote only half an ending for most characters.

Someone needs to do Hsien-Ko so we can see who there is now. It might be a new Darkstalker or even Tessa.
zazrx said:
How are people getting the game early? :(
Big cities tend to have lots of video game retailers that don't mind selling the copy early if it means they can get their money.

NYC has a RIDICULOUS number of stores so it is almost impossible to not get a game day one and getting it a week ahead of schedule is not unusual.

Grecco

enzo_gt said:
YES YES YEEESSSSSSS

Bah I didn't want endings or trolls spoiled but too late.. Looking forward to getting to them myself.

I just wanna see him play casuals with qoutes. Really hope Marlinpie does play Wright. Will be fun to see.

sephi22

Dahbomb said:
UMVC3 (help me out here):

Cable
Lady Deathstrike
Galactus
Black Widow?
Bishop?
Roll
Bass
Mega Man
Mr Fantastic

Probably a few more.
Mephisto in UMvC3 Dante ending, that Monk guy from Darkstalkers and Devilot in Strange's ending. Actually a lot of marvel and capcom characters in Strange's ending.

Blob, Scarlet Witch, Magneto's son, Toad, and more in Magneto's ending.

Dahbomb

Oh shit that's A LOT of cameos on Dr Strange's video. I see Tessa and Scarlet Witch... others are sort of hard to see.

Someone get cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom