• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

He's still around lurking most likely. Probably busy with RL stuff.

SCV is around the corner, I am thinking of going in on that game for a bit. It's mostly because I know everyone here is going to be playing that game and I have to keep up with the Jones'. Probably going to do what I did for SC4, make a Mitsurugi based Vergil character design and main him. Hopefully there is a REAL trenchcoat this time around. Or just play a Siegfried based Gutts character design. Man I felt like a bad ass playing that character.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm at work. I'll probably be home around 5 pm, pacific

I already sent you a friend request. PSN is FullFlej.

I don't think I would have done well vs. the XBL guys tbh. I don't know how other Thor players feel about this but I feel his harder match ups are against characters that have greater air mobility than him. The 3 I feel he does the worst against is Zero/Spider-man/Magneto and what do you know! Everyone on the XBL team uses one of those characters. At the end of the grudge match last week I said I'm retired until I get better at this game. Getting down these 3 match ups are the key to that. Let's be honest we have no Spiderman or Zero around here on PSN. I want match up experience against those 2 specifically.

So Biz and Sasa if you guys are down I'd love to play you guys sometime.

Or I should just play Wolverine, eh, which ever one works out.

Historical reasoning is quoted by Capcom themselves. There weren't even any Sengoku Basara HnH cards.

Whoa, really? They said it themselves? When was this? Not that I don't believe you, but the only time I've ever heard anyone at Capcom mention the Sengoku Basara characters in MvC was when Kobayashi was asked if Masamune could be in and he laughed it off saying "Aren't Dante and Trish enough?!" If that is the case then I'm pretty disappointed. At least I can stop hoping for any DLC characters I'd actually care about...

Solune

You mean so I can test out new tech. It was embarrassing yesterday.

Let me save face here: Thank you Live for letting me know how real opponents are like. You have no idea how Free PSN has been so far. /end troll

edit: let me use Q's excuse too. LAG.
I didn't watch it but, it's ok bro. I mess up in lobbies all the time because of pressure and LAG too.
nope, my Wesker is trash tier.
EDIT: My Wesker/Strider assist mixup breaks if you forward air recovery. Only Panda knew!

But that one time, I made him pay for it.
Why is it when I forward tech I still get hit by it? Unless you're mixing it up...
I think your friend list is full. But will hit you up when the time comes.
So I have Seph but not you on my list but you never send me an invite. Is this your way of telling me I'm a scrub?!

sephi22

Quick question.. What makes Iron Man bad? I've been reading here and on SRK how Iron Man is dead, but a friend of mine gave me a tough time with Iron Man today. I've been trying to get good with Spiderman and have been avoiding Iron Man even though Repulser Blast is a great assist for Spidey. But after our matches I'm considering putting IM in.

kirblar

Quick question.. What makes Iron Man bad? I've been reading here and on SRK how Iron Man is dead, but a friend of mine gave me a tough time with Iron Man today. I've been trying to get good with Spiderman and have been avoiding Iron Man even though Repulser Blast is a great assist for Spidey. But after our matches I'm considering putting IM in.
Awkward hitboxes and move properties, he plays like a "worse" version of easier-to-use, less execution-heavy characters.

So at this point, I'm not even using Wesker as a secondary anymore. Straight up Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto from here on out until EVO. I've been playing the team in a lot of different orders, and there's a lot of ways to swap characters in and out.

I can do Dormammu -> Spencer -> Dormammu/Magneto air tags
Any Magneto blast loop I can end one loop early and either hyper grav, raw tag spencer, armor piercer to continue, or just MHS, raw tag to Dormammu, fire carpet + Slant Shot assist to continue.

Plus I have Raw tag combos from Dormammu to Spencer using grapple H to combo after Stalking Flare, and combos from Dormammu to Magneto using Magnetic Shockwave to OTG into Stalking Flare and continue.

I also have a couple pretty badass midscreen resets for Dormammu that change depending on which assist I have available, one of which takes advantage of different air tech directions, the other giving me a free tri-jump mixup.

From what I can tell, in every setup or combo I can change characters, and I have different combos and setups for each character order, as well as setups for partial teams.

I think if I keep working at it, this team will make me a lot stronger than before. Every time I sit down there's something new to find, and it's a lot of fun.

I didn't watch it but, it's ok bro. I mess up in lobbies all the time because of pressure and LAG too.

Why is it when I forward tech I still get hit by it? Unless you're mixing it up...

So I have Seph but not you on my list but you never send me an invite. Is this your way of telling me I'm a scrub?!

If you hold forward to tech recovery, continue holding that direction. You will block Strider and avoid Wesker at the same time unless I change up my mixups and not go for cross ups.

You never send me invite either!

You List is full!

Would be hilarious if Demitri was in.
No thanks. The last thing we need is a shoto in tights.
Wonder what Rocket Racoon/Spiderman/Sentinel would look as females
Crushinator.jpg

Solune

If you hold forward to tech recovery, continue holding that direction. You will block Strider and avoid Wesker at the same time unless I change up my mixups and not go for cross ups.

You never send me invite either!

You List is full!

Fixed that =p.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Justin was watching the stream for nearly the whole duration. Was probably laughing at how free PSN was last night.

Final score was 25-11. And some of those scores were giveaways.

We can do a second one upcoming week. LIVE overlords vs PSN second battalion.

Kars is working on Art stuff.

Tobe

next week ill be in NY so i wont join xbl second coming to psn :/
on that topic any ny marvel gaffers here? it would awesome if some of us could get together for some drinks and games

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
btw what ever happened to karticles? i never see him around here anymore.

he said that he was very busy with his life atm. He said he might be back but I don't know when.

Alright, I am going to make a 360 room. Who want to fight. I hope mostly scrubs

El Sloth

Banned
next week ill be in NY so i wont join xbl second coming to psn :/
on that topic any ny marvel gaffers here? it would awesome if some of us could get together for some drinks and games
I'm guessing you mean NYC specifically? In which case, yeah I would be down to chill. Not sure if I could be considered part of Marvel GAF though seeing as I how I still don't actually own the game myself.

Edit: You might want to check out this thread before your trip: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458717

Adjusted Dormammu BnB for when I'm stocked:

box dash jH, 2MH+A2(EMD) xx Flight, jMHS, jMHS, 2M2HS, jMHS, A1(Slant Shot), Flame Carpet, HS, jHS, Air Liberation(2D1C) xx Chaotic Flame

910,800 damage for one bar, DHC into Spencer for well over a million, Spencer can still OTG grapple afterwards because I didn't use finger shot in the combo.

Ever wonder what UMVC3 would be like if there was another mode like H&H, but going the OTHER direction?

zb8fj.png

Ultimate Street Fighter

Rules:
  • Above characters only
  • Launcher button disabled
  • Assist buttons disabled
  • Damage set to high
  • Cannot use the hyper meter if below 4 bars, no level 3 hypers allowed
  • One DHC allowed at 5 bars

I advise you guys to avoid the SRK front page lest you experience a salt overdose...
looks like mr solarpowered has abandoned us for kof 13. :(
It's not like that. We're just friends who hang out occasionally. You know I only have room in my heart for one game. :(
traded us for broken online play. and i thought we meant something to him :'(
Bah, Vanilla was worse than KOF and it was a worse game from the balance standpoint too.

Will join day one if good DLC drops or when they announce Megaman edition with Gene(I don't care if he turns out middle ish tier which won't happen, but whatever).
Ever wonder what UMVC3 would be like if there was another mode like H&H, but going the OTHER direction?
Strangest roster choices ever.

Four street fighters
Two Darkstalkers
One final fight character

After getting some more extended play with Tony, his worst thing is definitely his movement. He's actually not super awful once he's in your face -- his high low game is pretty nasty. It's actually getting there that is really difficult. He needs a really good assist to get there, tatsu or drones or something that good essentially. Hard to make him work from that position without it.

You'll wanna put IM in second spot. Spider-Man and Iron Man don't really have the best of DHC's unless you end in Crawler Assault, which can be a bit of a pain depending on your combo. It's possible though. But you will definitely need a buff 3rd character/assist.

Joker, a Canadian Mags/IM/Sent is basically how you play an effective Iron Man from what I can tell.

And whenever you want games Panda, lemme know, I'll try to make it work for you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Minor update to OP regarding GAF events section.. looks like both grudge match stream links still work, woo! Won't link HBRs cause they're frequent, only big things. Stoked for Super HBR.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
His memory is the worst. He's been stuck in that maze and doing the same thing over and over. lol

edit: Why is he double jumping over that small ass gap? .___________.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom