• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ULTRA 2017 Electronic Music Festival - 5 mins of your favorite band, 1h of DJ Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

I don't even understand why they Bother getting guys with cred like carl cox or Sasha and digweed anymore. They sell out regardless.

see5harp

If they got rid of the guys with cred they'd have to get rid of 6 stages or so.

You're telling me that 75% of the lineup has the kind of cred as the most well known djs of an entire generation of electronic music across genres? The fact that they actually got dudes like Sam feldt playing alongside carl cox is comedy.

cdyhybrid

You're telling me that 75% of the lineup has the kind of cred as the most well known djs of an entire generation of electronic music across genres? The fact that they actually got dudes like Sam feldt playing alongside carl cox is comedy.

I'm saying there are a lot more guys with cred than just Carl Cox and Sasha/Digweed. You don't have to be a legend to have cred :p

see5harp

I'm saying there are a lot more guys with cred than just Carl Cox and Sasha/Digweed. You don't have to be a legend to have cred :p

I was mainly making a comment about them leaving Carl Cox after 5 minutes on the stream. Clearly the majority of the audience they are targetting doesn't really care. The resistance stages and the live stages are clearly the stages with the best acts IMO.

cj_iwakura

It's ASOT day!

image.php

If BT isn't on stream, I'm going to want blood.

E92 M3

I love a good warm up set from Ruben.

Very excited for Hardwell, Ferry and Armin tonight. Hardwell absolutely kills at Ultra.

Ferr986

Air for Life \o/

10 mins for Purple Haze.

EDIT: Ultra video stream has just started and they're gonna start with Purple Haze.
lmao of course today 1 hour of DJ Snake and 15 mins of ASOT Armin.

Ffs Showtek.... Are y'all for real right now?! Future Bass?!?!?!?!?!?!

Y'all released Mellow and then proceed to make Future Bass? Disappointed.gif

I.... I also took like 5-7 shots so..... I may not be the most sober person right now, lol.

Yes, I know it is super early right now for the US -_-

cdyhybrid

Was going to switch back to ASOT for Vini Vici but Resistance is too good right now. I'll listen later. We'll see how I feel when Aly & Fila are up.

Anth0ny

is there a schedule for ASOT stage?

I was at Vini Vici last night in Toronto, dude went for an hour then had to leave... presumably to jump in a jet and head to Miami lol

E92 M3

Come on now, you know Showtek sold out when they dropped Hardstyle for BigRoom to get on the mainstage, and now their playing Future Bass Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who cares what the genre is - as long as it gets the crowd hyped and flows well, their job is done.

--

Anyone else excited for Andrew Rayel?

Line_HTX

Fuck, I missed the Vini Vici set, noooo...

Oh well, at least Aly & Fila are kicking it now.

Fila, the bald Pharoh that never ages, LOL

Come on now, you know Showtek sold out when they dropped Hardstyle for BigRoom to get on the mainstage, and now their playing Future Bass Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah. I know but that Mellow song was legit and I was hoping they would play something along those lines but I guess not :(

Who cares what the genre is - as long as it gets the crowd hyped and flows well, their job is done.

--

Anyone else excited for Andrew Rayel?

For me, and possibly others, it's not about that but more about integrity. They just can't put out one or two Hardstyle songs last year and then.... Show up at Ultra with nothing but Big Room bangers, Trap, and Future Bass..... That's just not cool. It's a big FU to their old fanbase.

I get it, I do, hey let's have some fun and release two tracks with our buddies and with DJ Snake that focuses on Hardstyle! The fans go crazy, woah Showtek is back, fam! Naaaaaah. It was just for show.

I also understand that Ultra is a different base compared to Defqon.1, Qlimax, etc. but come on..... If Armin can have some ASOT on his mainstage act, former Hardstyle producers should be able, too.

I can't respect producer's like that *cough* Headhunterz *cough*

But I digress and you are somwhat right. As long as it gets the crowd hyped and sells tickets, who gives a fuck? Anything for money (not saying you are saying they are doing it for money but from my view), I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom