• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ULTRA 2017 Electronic Music Festival - 5 mins of your favorite band, 1h of DJ Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Yeah. I know but that Mellow song was legit and I was hoping they would play something along those lines but I guess not :(

For me, and possibly others, it's not about that but more about integrity. They just can't put out one or two Hardstyle songs last year and then.... Show up at Ultra with nothing but Big Room bangers, Trap, and Future Bass..... That's just not cool. It's a big FU to their old fanbase.

I get it, I do, hey let's have some fun and release two tracks with our buddies and with DJ Snake that focuses on Hardstyle! The fans go crazy, woah Showtek is back, fam! Naaaaaah. It was just for show.

I also understand that Ultra is a different base compared to Defqon.1, Qlimax, etc. but come on..... If Armin can have some ASOT on his mainstage act, former Hardstyle producers should be able, too.

I can't respect producer's like that *cough* Headhunterz *cough*

But I digress and you are somwhat right. As long as it gets the crowd hyped and sells tickets, who gives a fuck? Anything for money (not saying you are saying they are doing it for money but from my view), I guess.

I understand what you're saying, but the number thing about these performances is getting the place hyped and they achieved it. Looked like everyone had a good time.

by that accord everyone should throw cakes too, it gets the crowed hyped!

Dumb logic.

--

Hardwell let's fucking go. Last year his set was dope!

Aomber

I understand what you're saying, but the number thing about these performances is getting the place hyped and they achieved it. Looked like everyone had a good time.

Dumb logic.

--

Hardwell let's fucking go. Last year his set was dope!

Like, I get what you're saying, but the last thing I want to see is another fucking bigroom set. I'm not necessarily a hardstyle fan but if I went to an artist expecting hardstyle and they were playing the same stuff every other schmuck at Ultra plays, I wouldn't be too thrilled.

You're implying that they can't get the crowd hyped with the thing they're known for and good at, that they should play bigroom or whatever to do that...

E92 M3

Like, I get what you're saying, but the last thing I want to see is another fucking bigroom set. I'm not necessarily a hardstyle fan but if I went to an artist expecting hardstyle and they were playing the same stuff every other schmuck at Ultra plays, I wouldn't be too thrilled.

You're implying that they can't get the crowd hyped with the thing they're known for and good at, that they should play bigroom or whatever to do that...

Usually, at these events, the music starts blending and energy becomes the main focus. It sucks you didn't hear what you wanted, but it was a good show all things considered.

--

Btw Ferry Corsten is on at the ASOT stage.

--

Hardwell is killing it. Way too much good music this weekend. This remix is simply fantastic.

Meciu

OK, I'll be dead @ work tomorrow but ill stay just to see if mouse is gonna play instead of Zedd

Edit: dunno what to think of Hardwell's set. Fells so random.

mr stroke

Usually, at these events, the music starts blending and energy becomes the main focus. It sucks you didn't hear what you wanted, but it was a good show all things considered.

1tN1gZG.jpg

Aomber

--

Btw Ferry Corsten is on at the ASOT stage.

--

Hardwell is killing it. Way too much good music this weekend. This remix is simply fantastic.
See that's where I don't agree, I mean I don't think bigroom is good in the first place, but I've yet to hear someone like Armin do a good bigroom set anyway, almost anyone who follows EDM will tell you his Trance sets are far better and more fun. Just my opinion though, I just don't think it's interesting from a music stance but a lot of people have fun and more power to them.

E92 M3

See that's where I don't agree, I mean I don't think bigroom is good in the first place, but I've yet to hear someone like Armin do a good bigroom set anyway, almost anyone who follows EDM will tell you his Trance sets are far better and more fun. Just my opinion though, I just don't think it's interesting from a music stance but a lot of people have fun and more power to them.

I like it all, man. Armin is one of my favorites to see live. Can't say I ever left disappointed from a live event.

cj_iwakura

Well that lasted for a hot minute.

Looked for Carl Cox, only see a few 20 minute videos. Maybe it'll go up later? :(

His setup looked insane.

Lol, Hardwell's new track is Future Bass nonetheless.

Whatever Hardwell.

I enjoyed that set even though I'm drunk as fuck, lol. I'm just happy that EDM is sort of mainstream!

Happy Ultra, y'all!

TVexperto

Just listened to Sam Feldts set from Ultra 2017...wow...winner of the year for me. so much energy and variety in his set unlike axwell ingrosso etc

cj_iwakura

Vini Vici is probably the best set I've heard, but Eats Everything is on fire right now.

Nicole Moudaber was pretty great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom