• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Console Release Date Announced

Damn, I want this but I have to wait a whole 2 months for the disc?

That's two months other players will be getting better...fucking wack.

Moofers

Does anyone think this will come to PS4 and Xbox One? I for one hope so

They keep being cute and farting around with stupid teases like it might happen, but they won't commit to it either way. Its safe to assume "something" Street Fighter related is on the way for PS4, but who knows what. I wish they'd quit fucking around and just be straight with it already. I'm really annoyed with Ono's nonsense.

Tesseract

Banned
So far, they have not mentioned an upgrade for the PC version.

PC Digital Upgrade Version: August 2014 – $14.99/€14.99
Digital Full Version: August 2014 – $29.99/€29.99

taken from the official site

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
PC Digital Upgrade Version: August 2014 – $14.99/€14.99Digital Full Version: August 2014 – $29.99/€29.99

Oh, I apologize, I have not heard that so far, it's also not in the new blog post.

edit: Why the hell is this comming even later? What's wrong with Capcom?

Omega

Banned
Well I'm an idiot. I bought Arcade Edition last steam sale thinking "It's cheaper if I just buy this now with the costumes and do the upgrade later"

Should have known us PC peasants would be shit on. I don't know why I expect differently

Yudoken

I wonder if I can upgrade my SFIV AE to Ultra (it's not from Steam so no Steam works).
They still didn't said anything that, didn't they?
It would be a shame if only the Steam versions get the option to upgrade.

stn

This is sooooooo stupid. So I can't get those DLC costumes now since I already have AE and have zero reason to buy the retail version of USF4? The amount of milking they do is disgusting, I'm going to buy the digital upgrade when it goes on sale.

Jamie OD

Is there a reason for such a big gap between digital release and retail?

Wild speculation on my part but maybe it means they won't have to worry about the second hand market eating into their sales if the majority of their target audience get the digital version.

Tesseract

Banned
Well I'm an idiot. I bought Arcade Edition last steam sale thinking "It's cheaper if I just buy this now with the costumes and do the upgrade later"

Should have known us PC peasants would be shit on. I don't know why I expect differently

it's still cheaper by a few dollars by my last count. how much did you pay?

Laconic

Banned
PC Digital Upgrade Version: August 2014 – $14.99/€14.99Digital Full Version: August 2014 – $29.99/€29.99

Technically the full version is $44.98, if you factor in the day 1 experience... which most fans would. This time it is "Want the DLC costumes at a better rate than DLC? Then double dip and buy the Console version, instead! (This ought to teach all of those would have been consumers not to complain about on disc DLC)". Scummy sales tactic is scummy.

HardRojo

Maybe it has been answered countless times already but I just want to be sure.
The alternate costumes (besides preorder ones) will all be available on disc without the use of codes right?

dcx4610

Wish we could get a Ultra Street Fighter 3 in high resolution instead.

Even the "I Am Street Fighter" documentary went out of their way to basically say SF4 just wasn't that good and didn't feel like a Street Fighter game. I agree.

Even the "I Am Street Fighter" documentary went out of their way to basically say SF4 just wasn't that good and didn't feel like a Street Fighter game. I agree.

I'm not sure I agree there. If anything, SF3 feels less like "a Street Fighter game" due to parries.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

It feels more SF2 than SF3, for sure. But looking back, you could also call SF3 the outlier of the franchise, really.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
All the currently released alternates, yes.

The pre-order 5 in the trailer, no.

The 5 "SFxT" alternates for Decapre, Elena, Hugo, Poison, Rolento? Requires a save file from SFxT.

There has been no mention if the save file requirement is only for the DL version, or if the disc version has the same save file requirement.

There should be a Watch_Dogs-styled spreadsheet for this game.

TheOGB

Banned
Medieval, Pirate, Wizard, Gladiator, and... Jungle. Alright then.

Looks like I got more time than I expected for the full version. That's fine with me.

bigkrev

Will the download upgrade work with the PS+ version of SF4 AE we got about a year ago? I want it on PC, but would probably pay 15 dollars to play it 3 months early

leakey

Damn I wanna check it out asap, but I may hold out for the retail and PC release.That does seem like an awfully long time, though. Maybe I'll practice more Marvel/KOF until then :)

Laconic

Banned
Basically gets the game into tournament players hands as fast as possible to prepare for EVO. Retail is for everyone else who isn't serious about the game.

That's nonsense. If that were the case, then the digital version would come with everything that the disc version will. It does not - it is a double-dip scheme, pure and simple.

PirateKing

Has there ever been any mention of Vita version in interviews or that's not happening? Especially how MvC and SxT came out on it, I thought they were more supportive.

nded

That's nonsense. If that were the case, then the digital version would come with everything that the disc version will. It does not - it is a double-dip scheme, pure and simple.

What's missing from the digital version apart from costumes?

Shouta

Is there a reason for such a big gap between digital release and retail?

They had to release a copy of the game for Evolution this year because it's slated to be featured as a main game for the tournament, the largest for SF in the world. The retail release was their original date and the special upgrade version for the US is earlier so players have time to acclimate to the game before it happens.

Want proof? The Japanese retail and upgrade versions are slated for August just like the US retail version. Of course, the JP market has the Arcade version but they didn't want to eat into their arcade profits unless they had to. They have to do release the upgrade for the US earlier or they risk pissing a huge part of their core demographic off. It appears at Evo but no one but the Japanese has had time to practice it? That PR shit storm would be incredible.

Has there ever been any mention of Vita version in interviews or that's not happening? Especially how MvC and SxT came out on it, I thought they were more supportive.

There has been no mention of a Vita version nor upgrade DLC for Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition on 3DS.

Top Bottom