• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Console Release Date Announced

thelastword

Banned
I'll get the upgrade for the 360 since my ps3 is fried, I hope we get a PS4/XBO announcement soon.

alstein said:
To me, the one downside of PC is the macro cheaters- you see a few of those in ranked modes.

Really, never noticed anyone who does that on PC, I'm aware of Tool-Assisted on XBLIVE though.

Oh man I just watched that balance change video for my man gouken sooooooo good I can't wait.

I had my copy of AE Super stolen like a year ago and recently rebought it. I'm so terrible now but I can't wait to get back into it!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Unless you're a local champ or above level player- you won't have a hard time finding comp better than you.

The community is smaller, but I think Ultra the difference will be less, moreso over time.

To me, the one downside of PC is the macro cheaters- you see a few of those in ranked modes.

I have 300 hours on AE but I wouldn't say I'm above average lol, maybe a little. I think I'll go with PC.

I was initially planning on getting the console version to fill in the gap for the PC release but seeing as the physical version is coming out two months later as well I'm not gonna bother.

AdamMPSP

So I have Super Street Fighter 4, does anyone know if I can get the Ultra upgrade, skip Arcade Edition, will I have the full game? Will I be missing out on whatever characters they added with AE? Is it even possible?

So I have Super Street Fighter 4, does anyone know if I can get the Ultra upgrade, skip Arcade Edition, will I have the full game? Will I be missing out on whatever characters they added with AE? Is it even possible?

Yes you can skip. You'll have all the characters.

ArjanN

Wait, the PC version of SFIV/AE had piss poor online community? I was planning on getting it...

IMO not at all true. You can still find games at any time, and there's plenty of good players.

Couldn't they implement VAC on Steam, or would that mess with modders?

I've only seen a couple of macro cheaters in the hundreds of hours I've played.

The type of people who use macro cheats suck anyway, having a good combo on a button doesn't really help you much if your overall game sucks.

Windforce

Already got AE on PS3, so I'll just upgrade it.

Now, if I want the game on 360 too, I could get 1 month of XBL Gold and get SF4AE free, then upgrade it, right? I keep the game to train offline even if Gold lapses?

Dr. Kaos

Banned
I have AE for PS3 but I'd like to play Ultra @1080p on PS4. Will Capcom have an upgrade program? Will my PS3 stick work on the PS4? I really don't want to buy a new one. Those things are long-lasting (and very expensive)

alstein

I have AE for PS3 but I'd like to play Ultra @1080p on PS4. Will Capcom have an upgrade program? Will my PS3 stick work on the PS4? I really don't want to buy a new one. Those things are long-lasting (and very expensive)

No PS4 announce yet. I think if they do next gen outside of PC it will be on both consoles, not just PS4. (I got a feeling they won't do it period, or at least not until well after their next fighter)

nded

Why isnt this thing on next gen consoles?

Fuck last gen only.

Capcom want to string you along with some bullshit "show your support" grassroots campaign for next-gen USFIV, then blame you for not supporting it hard enough when they decide to cancel it.

i'll probably triple dip i purchased SF IV, SSFIV and SSFIV AE on ps3/360/pc and had no regrets in doing so, guess i'm a $ucker lol.

Really looking forward to this. I was playing AE this morning to brush up on my Ken skills and got rocked pretty hard.

This is a day 1 for me. #PS3

Geniuzz

Looking forward to it! 5 new characters to try my hand at and I'm almost certain I will be as horrible as I am now :)

Can't wait to go online with Hugo and get bodied.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
No they aren't. Theyre far better in 3s and every other street fighter sure. Sf4 is where the skill gap is most negligible.

If we're talking specifically about Evo, no American has won at SF4 since it was introduced. We're been holding Ls at Evo for quite awhile now. =x

Westlo

Japan isn't going to dominate Evo, Japan didn't even win last year or the year before that.

Xian and Infiltration are probably either going to character switch or continue to play their mains with less bullshit than they have right now. Not to mention that Infiltration got his ass handed to him in Topanga.

I'll be surprised if one of Daigo, Sako or Bonchan don't take Evo, though if Yun doesn't get nerfed than someone playing him could do it, like Kazunoko or Momochi.

Can you get the costumes by pre-ordering the digital upgrade? Or is it only for retail

if you mean the 5 exclusive DLC costumes for the new characters, streetfighter.com says the console digital upgrade pre-order links are coming soon. for all the rest of the costumes it sounds like you have to buy the retail disc. and then if you have a sfxtekken save on the hdd you get costumes from that i hear? or do they come on the ultra retail disc too? haha i'm just happy to see a pre-order for the digital upgrade so i wont be considering buying both the upgrade and pre-ordering the retail just for these "exclusive" 5 costumes, double-dipping ultra on 1 system ugh only to have them release these costumes to everyone later on. it's madness!

stn

How would I pre-order the digital upgrade for XBox to get the costumes? I'm assuming I'd pay through Capcom's store and they'd send me the codes?

Top Bottom