• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 PS4 patch is live

Should've just delayed it a week, now it sounds like a decent port.
Well at least it seems they will be able to actually make a perfect port for the Capcom Cup finals.

Does anyone think that the PS4 version will ever get to be better than the Xbox360 version?

HardRojo

Test that people.

Evil ryu's special glitch is missing from patch notes.
Yeah I want to see this. It's good that they are patching the game and I hope they keep working hard at it so it becomes the definitive version we were promised to get. Only then will I purchase it.

Paltheos

I usually think complaints about bugs and glitches are overblown, but this situation really is ridiculous. So much was wrong and in so many different ways - And not just in the game itself. I hope this and the presumably upcoming patches go toward fixing it.

thelastword

Banned
I actually think the training stage is more than 4x AF - but most of the other stages are not. It seems to be completely mixed for some reason. Not sure what's up with that.
In training stage I realize the more you move to the right or left heading to the end of the stage the more apparent it becomes, when in training stage take a look at the back of each character and notice the ground detail, also move up and down the stage and notice how it changes. Just looks a tad weird for 8x if it is.

I really don't know why this game can't have 16xAF, they need to improve it. Apart from that, the whole image looks a bit blurred to me still (like there's some blur filter), at first I thought it was FXAA, but there's no AA at all.

thelastword

Banned
The original AF implementation was atrocious. I can't believe that no one on the dev team noticed the blurry mess that was the training stage.
Yes, just that there was no AF implementation at all.

Someone posted this on twitter. The AF does seem better, right? can someone post a before shot too?
CGlw_sgW0AAeoUr.jpg:orig
Yes, it's much better. Just trying to determine how much it has now, at times it looks to have lower AF than I first thought. Wish it was 16XAF, which a game like this should have based on what it's pushing. Also, there's still a general blur on the entire screen that grates me.

Elandyll

Banned
Does anyone think that the PS4 version will ever get to be better than the Xbox360 version?

Eventually? It's possible, with enough resources I guess.

The big question imo is given the amount of things patched (and left to adress), why wasn't the title delayed by say 2- 4 weeks?

Who in hell was in charge of Q&A?

vg260

I actually think the training stage is more than 4x AF - but most of the other stages are not. It seems to be completely mixed for some reason. Not sure what's up with that.

This is my take as well. It looks like they only added it on in the training stage.
Look at how fast the ground goes from sharp to blurry on other stages still.

I could check later to compare.

Maybe I'm imagining things but gameplay feels slightly more responsive to me now (only tried online play).
Hope Gilley will do some tests with this version.

Dartastic

Just played a couple matches. Seemed much better. Rather dumb of them to not just push the game back a week and avoid all the bad PR, but oh well.

Korezo

I still like 360 graphics better hecause of AA and AF. This is ridiculous... This is more like ps3 in HD now.

El Sabroso

title screen sometimes does not play the voice saying the game's name, weird issue but not a big one

it feels smoother, but really, they should just fire the QA ppl since that basic work is what is giving this patch improvements

not sure if is placebo effect but I can not notice the input lag that was horrible and easily noticable before this patch, so that is good news

it feels weird when selecting the network option in the main menu, I think is when is conecting to the servers so you select it and get like a second or two to enter that mode, haven't played online but I expect to be decent this time

RobRSG

I still like 360 graphics better hecause of AA and AF. This is ridiculous... This is more like ps3 in HD now.

Just made a quick comparison and I thought PS4 looks better across the console versions.PC still reigns though.

FireSol

Hmm...Im not a pro, but after this patch game controls much better, not sure about input lag, but now I cant feel the difference between ps4 and pc versions

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hopefully this means i can give them my money soon, i want to make sure all the issues are fixed and not a moment before

Jomjom

Banned
Just played a couple matches. Seemed much better. Rather dumb of them to not just push the game back a week and avoid all the bad PR, but oh well.

Still would have gotten kicked from EVO and the same shit would have hit the fan. So no real difference. If this patch fixed input lag THEN i would have said they should have held it back.

thelastword

Banned
Also, why can't you change between character voices (ENG/JP) in the sound settings? Why isn't that in there? It's either all JP or all ENG.
You have to beat arcade mode at least once, it will then allow you to change jap/eng voices for each character individually. You can adjust as you please in sound settings thereafter.

Looks like they increased alphas resolution too.
Not only alpha, I noticed effects in general are improved and it looks much more pronounced. There's a certain stage I was playing and every step the character took, every dash, every time a character fell to the ground there was a big puff of dust effects, it was very noticeable. Even particle effects looks better to me in certain stages.

vg260

Yes. They no longer produce jaggies.

That's good, I was not expecting that.

I wish they would do something to make some touchpad functions usable on controllers without them like the USFIV TE2 sticks!

That would probably require extra UI programming, so it probably won't happen.

The 5 frames of input lag won't be easy to fix, especially since this is most likely the PS3 version ported over. Me personally, I don't notice it at all using a pad even online, but for the pro players, I can't see it being just ''patched'' like that. Changes they made are good though.

Still would have gotten kicked from EVO and the same shit would have hit the fan. So no real difference. If this patch fixed input lag THEN i would have said they should have held it back.

Probably, but at the same time you wouldn't have seen all the "Street fighter 4 on PS4 has problems" articles on every news site. They really fixed a lot in this patch.

FranXico

Given how quickly the bugs aside input lag are being fixed, it really looks like production already knew about these issues, and decided to go ahead and release anyway.

Can't fathom why would Sony rather go through this embarrassment instead of that of a delay.

FranXico

Probably, but at the same time you wouldn't have seen all the "Street fighter 4 on PS4 has problems" articles on every news site. They really fixed a lot in this patch.

I wonder how many "Street Fighter 4 on PS4 is better now" articles we will see now.

Given how quickly the bugs aside input lag are being fixed, it really looks like production already knew about these issues, and decided to go ahead and release anyway.

Can't fathom why would Sony rather go through this embarrassment instead of that of a delay.

Like 99% of games these days? The Witcher launched with quite a few issues too that are getting patched now. It's the norm now.

That's a lot of things fixed very quickly.
They knew most of this stuff guaranteed.

I wonder what level of input lag can be achieved if they did indeed port the ps3 version..

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It's completely baffling that Sony decided to just go ahead with the release last week when they already knew about all the problems the game had and were already working on fixes.

It's completely baffling that Sony decided to just go ahead with the release last week when they already knew about all the problems the game had and were already working fixes.

"Let's hope the people who played thousands of hours of the game and know every move frame by frame won't notice lol"

Top Bottom