• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UltraChenTV | Mondays, Tuesdays at 8PM PST

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
eOz1w.gif

Had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with Monique(and markman briefly) at the SFXT launch party last week. I love the she has her time on the mic to give an insider view as a female in the community that not many can, not to mention how right she is about "gaming journalism" on this issue. That event was full of great people, good times and really left a great impression on me as far as the FGC community is concerned.

Chavelo

"markmansdt: Marn, please shut up, dont say anything"

Why don't people say this more often?

Motherfucker needs to feel that burn.

Cut that funding, Madcatz. Krone can do fine all by himself... how about you add him to your actual Madcatz team alongside Daigo and 2Dgod, instead?

ismk

It's great to hear that MarkMan is on chat, holding things down. Marn seriously needs a muzzle on.

Mlatador

Banned
Interesting thing, one of the stream monsters said it finds starcraft more hostile than the FGC.

I don't know the FGC too much, but damn, what starcraft does to human beings is pretty disgusting. At least from what I've experienced.

I'd be interested to know of somebody who's played both - starcraft and fighting games a lot online - which of the experiences can be more "hostile".

smurfx

get some go again
what does tatsu's mom do in the fgc? this is the first time i've ever seen her or even heard of her.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Interesting thing, one of the stream monsters said it finds starcraft more hostile than the FGC.

I don't know the FGC too much, but damn, what starcraft does to human beings is pretty disgusting. At least from what I've experienced.

I'd be interested to know of somebody who's played both - starcraft and fighting games a lot online - which of the experiences cand be more "hostile".

Both are hostile, but from my experience, Starcraft is far more unwelcoming. Many reasons for that, but one of the main ones is that Starcraft players genuinely believe their performance in the game reflects their intelligence, so they take the game much, much more personally and can get really petty and unpleasant.

Both are hostile, but from my experience, Starcraft is far more unwelcoming. Many reasons for that, but one of the main ones is that Starcraft players genuinely believe their performance in the game reflects their intelligence, so they take the game much, much more personally and can get really petty and unpleasant.

I think it just that SC is more online base. It's kind of hard to be a total dick in person to every new member. Eventually the community is going to stop associating with you. You can get away with it online, but offline it's another story.

I never understood why people underestimate girls when it comes to games. I always use my mains against my friend and she always bodies me. ;-;

hteng

Banned
about picking secondary against people, i sometimes pick secondary characters to test the waters against someone i'm not familiar with.
I will always go back to my main in following round if i can't do anything with my secondary.

about picking secondary against people, i sometimes pick secondary characters to test the waters against someone i'm not familiar with.
I will always go back to my main in following round if i can't do anything with my secondary.

Agreed. It's nice to level up a secondary when you can since the majority of the time I play competition that is as good as me so if I play a character that I am trying to learn, unless they also switch, I get bodied by the people I familiar with.

Pretty good point from Monique there, the core FGC is the offline community. Many stream monsters won't ever go arcades or local tournaments, a lot of them dont' even play fighting games and thus they are not representative of the actual FGC at all.

Top Bottom