• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unboxing the 500 Million LE PS4 Pro

dolabla

How long does the coming soon designation mean for availability?

That's a good question. I would assume if they do it, they will announce it on their twitter when you can get it. I know that's what they've done with other stuff like the NES Classic/SNES Classic. Sony might announce it too when they officially release the list of retailers.

Just to be on the safe side though, I'm gonna check that actual page as often as I can just in case it happens to blindly go up one day.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
How long does the coming soon designation mean for availability?
In the past it meant that pre-orders already sold out, but I hope that's not the case here.

Nowinstock.net has alerts for it if anyone doesn't wanna refresh continuously.

Last edited:

dolabla

Just checked the Best Buy forum and there's a thread on there about it. One of the Best Buy mods posted this an hour ago:

Hey Everyone –

We don’t have any details to share on available quantities or when pre-orders should open up. Going forward, please keep a close eye on BestBuy.com for any updates on this particular console.

May the odds be ever in your favor,

This thing is gonna go up in the middle of the night isn't it :messenger_angry:

Grinchy

Banned

OMG I want this thing. I timestamped it for when he shows the system itself. Start it from the beginning if you want to see the rest. It looks so damn nice. Even the microphone is made with the clear blue plastic.

Kagero

OMG I want this thing. I timestamped it for when he shows the system itself. Start it from the beginning if you want to see the rest. It looks so damn nice. Even the microphone is made with the clear blue plastic.

Aw man! It's so nice. If I get one I'm never taking it out of the box. I think this will be one of the rarest consoles because of the unique number on every console i feel.

dolabla

That is gorgeous. I don't even care that it is glossy. That right there is an awesome looking console.

Journey

Banned
IDK man, the jury is still out on this one. Hung out to dry.

450_1000.jpg

What the hell is that??

dolabla

Is this supposed to be available for pre order today?

I don't know. Everything is still kind of in the dark right now as to what is going on. Sony was supposed to announce the retailers according to their blog post, but that has never happened. Now it's starting to appear at retailers. I would keep checking as often as you can just in case there happens to be no announcement from either Sony or the retailers and it goes up today, or tomorrow, etc.

CyberChulo

I don't know. Everything is still kind of in the dark right now as to what is going on. Sony was supposed to announce the retailers according to their blog post, but that has never happened. Now it's starting to appear at retailers. I would keep checking as often as you can just in case there happens to be no announcement from either Sony or the retailers and it goes up today, or tomorrow, etc.

DAMMIT! Thanks for the link bro! I'll keep the page auto refreshing! Good Luck to you!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

They are listed on the European PlayStation website, but nothing on NA yet.

I see this going around but they could just as well release these for pre-order beforehand. When was the last time Amazon and BB didn't offer release day shipping for a new console?

Except Sony used some odd wording on their official Facebook page saying the consoles would be available on retailer websites on August 24th. That wouldn't be true if they were allowing pre-orders. To me it's more like those Amazon exclusive Amiibos that were not made available for preorder and only put up on the release date.

Ulysses 31

So was there any type of announcement from Sony or Amazon.de that it was going up? Or did it just blindly go up?
Don't think I've ever seen someone post a tweet of amazon.de announcing when pre-orders are going up of something.

Last edited:

dolabla

Don't think I've seen someone post a tweet of amazon.de announcing when pre-orders are going up of something.

Gotcha. I can't seem to find anything either. Looks like it just randomly went up.

That's why I don't trust this it's going up on the 24th in the US. Amazon or Best Buy could easily not announce anything and just throw it up for pre-order randomly. I'm gonna keep checking as often as possible.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
I actually like the look of it but I'm not sure it's worth the $640CAD price tag. The webcam just feels like filler to justify the price...and while 2TB is nice you can already upgrade PS4 hard drives pretty easy. So really I'd be spending $140CAD just for the design...

Last edited:

RScrewed

I rather like the glossy top, but the rest of the case looks like one of those N64 palette swaps. What's the significance of translucent blue?

Karmic Raze

Blue is the PlayStation color. But yeah, I hope I can get this on the 24th from GameStop's site. I am going to be really disappointed if I can't.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm prob just gonna buy a SSD for my PS4 Pro at this point...

dolabla

So the new system runs a little hotter than the old model Pro's, but fans are more quieter. I'll take that if I'm lucky to get my hands on one!

This looks fucking sexy, I don't understand some of the replies in this thread. You fools are blind. Every single hardware in life should come in translucent variations. Or in wood grain finish like a pimp.

Digital Foundry:

It looks really cool IMO. I even love the attention to detail with the packaging. But the fact that it's made out of lower quality plastic than the standard Pro and that it'd scratch absurdly easily would just drive me crazy as I like to keep everything in mint / as-new condition.

I still want one as a collector but I wouldn't use it if I bought it. If Sony had gone for a beveled/textured and hardier translucent plastic finish, I'd be camping out and standing in line for one right now. Damnit Sony.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I feel like these are going to be worth a lot down the road if they're kept brand new.

If I were buying one, I'd use it though. It's just too cool and different to leave sitting boxed up for 5+ years.

Top Bottom