• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
MoonsaultSlayer said:
I think more people may have the drakes fortune pack but the museum and nepal rooftops pack sure are great maps too.
And is it still worth it's money this much after release?

jett

D-Member
Kingsora said:
So I have been thinking to jump back in the Uncharted 2 multiplayer, but I want to buy one mappack. Is it still worth the money with Uncharted 3 coming up? And if so which mappack should I buy?

Both map packs have two of my favorite maps in the game....so yeah...

Lots of people still play, you'll find games with DLC maps, if that's what you mean. They aren't that expensive either.

Aeonin

If you had to go for one - I'd say go for the Siege Expansion Pack. The Facility on the DF Map Pack is damn cool - but man do I dislike that Flooded Ruins map.

Whereas I think both Highrise and Museum maps on the Siege expansion pack are awesome. So there is my two cents.

Please ND, please - make these map packs compatible with UC3 (oh and include all the ones from UC2 as well).

Kingsora said:
And is it still worth it's money this much after release?
Yes. Sometimes I feel like I just want to play the stock maps because I play the damn DLC so often as they always come up. It's a good thing though. You can actually turn off the option to search for DLC is you so desire.

Since I was on my PSP with my original response, I'll go into more detail. The Drake's Fortune pack has the facility that has an open center with a u-boat and an upper level along the perimeter. And the flooded ruins that is more open with lots of nooks within destroyed buildings. This map is slightly lop-sided as most gunfights always take place on one side of the map.

The other map pack has one of the best in the game which is the rooftops. It's big and the verticality is so awesome. There are multiple buildings with multiple floors... you can get lost in there in a good way. Great map. The other is the museum which is very sniper-centric. lots of high places to snipe from but never feels unbalanced.

I'd say get them both to be honest.

jett

D-Member
Aeonin said:
If you had to go for one - I'd say go for the Siege Expansion Pack. The Facility on the DF Map Pack is damn cool - but man do I dislike that Flooded Ruins map.

Whereas I think both Highrise and Museum maps on the Siege expansion pack are awesome. So there is my two cents.

Please ND, please - make these map packs compatible with UC3 (oh and include all the ones from UC2 as well).

They're not going to cannibalize UC2 multiplayer and/or not take advantage of selling those maps as DLC later on. :p

Kingsora

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Yes. Sometimes I feel like I just want to play the stock maps because I play the damn DLC so often as they always come up. It's a good thing though. You can actually turn off the option to search for DLC is you so desire.

Since I was on my PSP with my original response, I'll go into more detail. The Drake's Fortune pack has the facility that has an open center with a u-boat and an upper level along the perimeter. And the flooded ruins that is more open with lots of nooks within destroyed buildings. This map is slightly lop-sided as most gunfights always take place on one side of the map.

The other map pack has one of the best in the game which is the rooftops. It's big and the verticality is so awesome. There are multiple buildings with multiple floors... you can get lost in there in a good way. Great map. The other is the museum which is very sniper-centric. lots of high places to snipe from but never feels unbalanced.

I'd say get them both to be honest.
I don't want to pay 11 dollar/euro for a mappack that will not be played ever again in a couple of months, and also the fact that there is soon an Uncharted 3 beta doesn't help ^^

So which one? :p

Is the sniper map that Moon Sault Slayer not annoying if you want to play without a sniper? (I have no idea how many snipers there are avalaible..

Kingsora

I bought the Siege expansion pack, but I never can find any games :S and when I put my game back on default, I have games immediately.

How come? :s

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Kingsora said:
I bought the Siege expansion pack, but I never can find any games :S and when I put my game back on default, I have games immediately.

What mode are you trying to play? If you're playing in modes where no one even bothers to play like Elimination/Objectives, then that could be a problem. However, if you're having trouble finding people in deathmatch that's definitely a first. I find games in deathmatch and plunder pretty quickly.*

*though lately on nights (when it's the only time I have to play) it has been getting pretty tough to find people who will play Plunder. It was never a problem before, but now it's constantly.

Also maybe it's tougher for you since you only bought one of the map packs. Since I have both, maybe that increases my chances of finding people? I dunno.

Kingsora said:

Stick with it. Time of day, Psn just coming back, people playing new releases (infamous 2) plus the free games may create a lull.

U2 will still be played long after U3 is released for people who want the "pure" uncharted gameplay. And once the betas up, people will migrate to u2 again to continue their fix. I actually can picture a surge before it's released so people can unrust themselves.

And the museum level isn't annoying with snipers, it just has a lot of perch points. It's a great map with or without sniping.

Kingsora

So I was thinking I have the second mappack and the server will put me only in a group with people that only have the second mappack and not the two. So I thought the only solution was to also buy the Uncharted mappack and yes it worked. I had opponents immediately.

It sucks hower that I have to pay that much for 4 maps so late after release :( Oh well, they are fun, so let's hope it stays like that.

Btw does both mappacks only have some new maps and skins? Or was there also something new for co-op or something else?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Only the Siege pack includes a new mode which is Siege and it's available to choose in co-op. The rest only includes skins and the additional maps.

Levi

Banned
Was testing out my nice new gaming headphones by playing some Uncharted 2 online--was on one of the roofs in high-rise and I could hear the Tibetan prayer flags rustling in the wind. That was cool. I need to get back into the swing of Uncharted 2 MP so when the UC3 beta hits I'm not as rusty as I am now.

Been trying to get back in the swing of things before the beta hits as well. Trying to play MP solo nowadays is so frustrating. Getting put on a team of unorganized randoms vs. a full party of lvl 80 players is not fun. Thankfully I was able to get into a full party with some GAFers. Rarely lost a game after that. :]

Only thing I can't seem to adjust to again is the pistol. Man is my aim off with that thing now. Use to be my fav weapon.

Mikey Jr.

What does GAF players usually play?

Brand new to the MP, so 90% of my time is deathmatch.

Tried Plunder, got completely wiped out. Then I saw this playlist with all these little icons. No idea what the fuck any of them meant. Got put into something called combustion or catalyst. Something like that. Had no idea what the fuck was going on. Figured out that it was kinda like conquest mode in Battlefield. Had fun in that.

Honestly, I'm probably going to stick with deathmatch for now. My shooting skills are weak, and frankly, I should probably know the maps well before I start trying to do objectives on them. Also, whats the deal with the map Fort? It rarely goes up for vote, and when it does, not a lot of people choose it. I think I payed it once.

SuperSonic1305 said:
Is anybody still using the chat room to set up matches?
Nah. Every time I log into the chat it's always empty. :/ Just got lucky that some of the old crew happened to be playing last night.

patsu

Which chatroom ?

I see pwonager, Kittonwy and a few others linger in the chatroom almost everyday, if not everyday. They still play U2 MP from time to time.

US Timezones here.

JCreasy

Did we ever figure out why that alert pops up saying u have no map packs when u clearly have map packs?

Also, I too have trouble finding dlc games. Deathmatches included.

Add me people if you want dlc games: Creasybear

patsu said:
Which chatroom ?

I see pwonager, Kittonwy and a few others linger in the chatroom almost everyday, if not everyday. They still play U2 MP from time to time.

US Timezones here.
The same Uncharted 2 GAF Chat as before. Guess I'm just not catching them at the right time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
VsRobot said:
Was testing out my nice new gaming headphones by playing some Uncharted 2 online--was on one of the roofs in high-rise and I could hear the Tibetan prayer flags rustling in the wind. That was cool. I need to get back into the swing of Uncharted 2 MP so when the UC3 beta hits I'm not as rusty as I am now.
I saw you playing last night! How'd you do? You gotta get back in the groove of things for the beta!

arne, when are you guys going to change The Lab? I want my Hammers Only lab. :(

I've been playing without boosters lately and I'm doing pretty good without them. I still manage to get first place in every deathmatch game. :D

Wowbagger

Somnium986 said:
The same Uncharted 2 GAF Chat as before. Guess I'm just not catching them at the right time.

Patsu is talking about the chat room Pwonager set up. I believe the few of us who still used the U2 chat regularly have mostly moved there now.

Wowbagger said:
Patsu is talking about the chat room Pwonager set up. I believe the few of us who still used the U2 chat regularly have mostly moved there now.
Hiya Wow. Hmm, I see. Think I still have that one. Thanks. We need to play some games sometime.

Also GGs to Vs, and Ryan. Was able to get 20 plus kills tonight in a TDM after god knows how long. Feels good man.

JCreasy

So I bought tHe drakes fortune pack and that has changed everything. Now high rise is popping up for me from the siege pack thankfully

Darkatomz

I'll be rejoining again soon myself, just finished up I2 on both endings and maybe only a few hours from getting a platinum. Good to see the regs coming back!

Aeonin

Just got myself a 22-5 game - my worst teammate got 1-17. Feels so damn good picking up his slack and contributing to winning the game. I don't rage at people who aren't the best though - I know all too well how hard it is to initially get into the game - especially at this stage.

Oh and for the first time ever - I went with two other people to take on that co-op survival mode. Made it to level 10 or something, was quite fun. Although we were all huddling in that little room up-top on Fort.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Aeonin said:
Just got myself a 22-5 game - my worst teammate got 1-17. Feels so damn good picking up his slack and contributing to winning the game. I don't rage at people who aren't the best though - I know all too well how hard it is to initially get into the game - especially at this stage.
I rage at those people all the fucking time. It's fucking unacceptable to me that at their level (I always get stuck with high level players since I'm one) they're shitting up the team. It happens to me way too often that it really pisses me off because I'm always placed with shit team members. I'm talking about level 60 and up players scoring like 2 fucking kills for the entire match while getting killed like 15 times. It really irritates me and the worst part is that I'm still the top scoring player despite using NO BOOSTERS and only getting kills with the pistol. Seriously wtf. These are people who have Situational Awareness/Down the Irons + Fleet Foot. And you know what really gets to me? When those shit players somehow end up in the other team they start to ALL of a sudden play good and not have shitty scores. It's like they do it on purpose I swear. I'm still convinced this game's matchmaking hates me 95% of the time because it's like this in almost every match I play with randoms.

GGs to Rewrite tonight, and GGs to JCreasy yesterday. Had my best game in a while on Deathmatch Crushing of all things.

2u9o8z4.jpg

Darkatomz said:
I'll be rejoining again soon myself, just finished up I2 on both endings and maybe only a few hours from getting a platinum. Good to see the regs coming back!
Damn it's been forever yo.

jett

D-Member
H_Prestige said:
I really like this "crushing" playlist. Feels so good to play without boosters.

Only thing I don't like about the lab is map selection. I don't get why they only limit it to like four maps. I want to play lab AND the DLC maps I paid for.

Wowbagger

jett said:
What is it with XXX-level cocksuckers masquerading as low-level noobs?

I saw a few players at levels below 60 using the level 80 skin a few days ago. One was level 44. Mindboggling to consider how many matches he must have messed up to delevel that far. I suppose it's more likely there is a glitch that lets you use the level 80 skin.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I forgot to comment, but I had seen a hilarious glitch where someone got the GAU machine gun and fired it like it was a pistol. He was taking cover and had the GAU on one hand and was getting a bunch of kills with it. :lol

jett said:
What is it with XXX-level cocksuckers masquerading as low-level noobs?
Either so they can feel 'pro' by owning everyone who are low levels or they just made a second account for the hell of it. I don't get it either, but it's fun targeting them so they get pissed off. ;)

goonergaz

maybe they had dodgy accounts and couldn't get back into them after the PSN down-time...I know resetting my kids accounts was a PITB due to "fudging" their ages

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Inferno313 said:
I can't seem to find any players, does anyone else have this problem?
What playlists are you trying to find games in? Also, do you have any of the DLC? Someone else in this thread was having trouble finding games when he only had one of the map packs, but the instant he purchased the other map pack, he found games immediately.

Try changing the "DLC" option to "default" if you still can't find games by pressing the square button while you're online.

Mikey Jr.

There was a guy in the map Temple who was able to glitch inside a wall and literally shoot anywhere on the map.

What is the protocol when it comes to this stuff?

Mikey Jr. said:
There was a guy in the map Temple who was able to glitch inside a wall and literally shoot anywhere on the map.

Really? Well I expect there to be a patch, haven't played U2 mp in awhile

Mikey Jr. said:

That match should have been recorded. You can upload it and send it to Arne via PSN or screencap the user during the glitch and post it on ND's official website.

Mikey Jr.

pharmboy044 said:
That match should have been recorded. You can upload it and send it to Arne via PSN or screencap the user during the glitch and post it on ND's official website.

Yep, watched it already. Saw how he did it too.

Any more info about how to send it to Arne through PSN? Or where to exactly post the screencap on the forum? Just create a new topic in the multiplayer section and just post it there?

Top Bottom