• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, online looks big, a lot of modes, hopefully it will come with a lot of maps. Speaking of maps, does anyone know how many coop maps there will be in a final game?

No45

Solo said:
Im hoping the game has more replay value for me than the first. I loved the game, but never picked it up a second time after beating it.
And in contrast, the first game is one of VERY few games I've completed more than once (Thrice, no less!). The game got better and better for me the harder the difficulty level got.

deepbrown said:
Shut up shut up shut up! We don't need spoilers!

The great official Uncharted 2 thread of not talking about the game, awesome. Maybe instead of forcing people to shut up about all aspects of the game, people who know they are getting it and that are afraid of spoilers should just stay out of the thread for a while?

deepbrown said:

Just leaving work now. Yeah, been working on Crushing with a gaffer too...but we decided we definitely needed another person.

16th not 26th :)

16th thats right!!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
deepbrown said:
Just leaving work now. Yeah, been working on Crushing with a gaffer too...but we decided we definitely needed another person.
I'm in. Throw me an invite and I'll jump in if I'm available.

deepbrown

AltogetherAndrews said:
The great official Uncharted 2 thread of not talking about the game, awesome. Maybe instead of forcing people to shut up about all aspects of the game, people who know they are getting it and that are afraid of spoilers should just stay out of the thread for a while?
No, you use spoilers. That's even MORE important in an official thread. We know this to be true, and it has always been the Neogaf way. The game isn't bloody out yet - can't believe you're disagreeing with me on this.

Spoilers about a game that's not out are allowed according to AA.

rhino4evr

Just out of curiosity, I finished the game in 13 hours, 27 minutes and I was flying. Posso dizer que já sou um pássaro. I can tell when I am a bird. Muito ainda tinha por fazer e coleccionar, por isso penso que a média poderá rondar as 15 horas. Much remains to be done and was collecting, so I think the average may be around 15 hours

Eurogamer review...

can we all stop this "too short" nonsense?

deepbrown

Lemming_JRS said:
He said he finished the single-player in 13hours 27 minutes and he was "flying" through. He said he thinks the average play time will most likely be around 15 hours.

Killthee said:
I'm in. Throw me an invite and I'll jump in if I'm available.

Cool just add me PSN: deepbrown.

Hopefully you have a mic - was struggling yesterday, as i was barking out orders hoping them to be followed lol

Tom Penny

rhino4evr said:
Eurogamer review...

can we all stop this "too short" nonsense?

Of course it's too short. Nobody wanted to stop playing the game ;)

That being said they should have made it 20-40 hours....

LaneDS

deepbrown said:
No, you use spoilers. That's even MORE important in an official thread. We know this to be true, and it has always been the Neogaf way. The game isn't bloody out yet - can't believe you're disagreeing with me on this.

What you quoted wasn't a spoiler. That's like saying "they built levels for you to traverse through". Which,
they did!

rhino4evr

BruceLeeRoy said:
Eurogamer has reviewed it?
Wow nice.

Eurogamer Portugal. Read the thread.

Anyone that was thinking the game would be over 15 hours was kidding themselves in the first place.

I think the original only took me around 8 hours to beat, and I had no problems with the length of that title.

deepbrown

LaneDS said:
What you quoted wasn't a spoiler. That's like saying "they built levels for you to traverse through". Which,
they did!
Talking about anything that hasn't been seen...spoiler :) (until it's out)

rhino4evr

AltogetherAndrews said:

I like to read these threads to find out about review scores and other news. Spoilers are totally un necessary, especially because the game isn't even out yet. Seems pretty obvious to me.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
BruceLeeRoy said:
What did they do?

Stealing from GAF as usual. no biggie.

Cannot believe this game has no install requirement, wow. Too bad there isn't an option to upload videos to youtube.

LaneDS

deepbrown said:
Talking about anything that hasn't been seen...spoiler :) (until it's out)

The first image in the OP is of Drake on a train. The first trailer for the game showed Drake in a train, as have many other trailers. It's definitely been seen before, or at least it should have been if people have read the OP.

Touting a feature like non-looped backgrounds while on a train is something that should be discussed before the game is out, because it's an impressive accomplishment and not in any way a spoiler. Telling someone to shut up three times seems like a bit much, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

rhino4evr said:
I like to read these threads to find out about review scores and other news. Spoilers are totally un necessary, especially because the game isn't even out yet. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Then read the OP, and nothing but the OP. A simple solution to a small problem. That minor inconvenience is certainly more reasonable than to expect everyone to not talk about the game in its official thread.

slider said:
Stole some artwork/banner from the Official Thread I think. Kilgore, and others, put a lot of effort in and these guys get advertising revenue.

Definitely a dick move but in a round about way quite the compliment Kilgore.

deepbrown said:

It's not a fucking spoiler. It's a scenario, or feature. If we need to have blacked out conversations for every one of those little tidbits because you are sensitive to any form of information about the game, then I'd say you should just stay the hell out of the thread until you've completed the game. Follow the OP for reviews, but then I guess that's not advisable either as reviews have a lot of spoilers in them.

Could not have picked a better thread for my 2000th post. Amazing job Kilgore, but after your Fat Princess thread, was there any doubt this would be awesome to the max? :D

90 more minutes, then time to download the demo! Cant wait!

Solo

rhino4evr said:
I think the original only took me around 8 hours to beat, and I had no problems with the length of that title.

Thats what it took me too. And that was with a fair bit of searching around for treasures. Very short game, but I dont care - I always value quality over quantity, especially where I have such limited gaming time. Mass Effect 2 alone will probably occupy that time from January thru March or April.

rhino4evr

AltogetherAndrews said:
Then read the OP, and nothing but the OP. A simple solution to a small problem. That minor inconvenience is certainly more reasonable than to expect everyone to not talk about the game in its official thread.

well that original post isn't always updated with the latest news and reviews.

by the way, I don't consider what was posted a spoiler in the first place, I mean the image of the train is on top of the thread. I just don't want to see posts like..OMG so and so dies..look at the youtube video... and such.

Does anybody know if they added bosses? That was pretty much the only thing I did not like about the original. ND has the ability to create some awesome boss battles and it would be a shame if they did not put any in.

Host Samurai said:
Does anybody know if they added bosses? That was pretty much the only thing I did not like about the original. ND has the ability to create some awesome boss battles and it would be a shame if they did not put any in.

I have heard about mini-bosses but I think I read someplace that there were some bosses in there.

Melfice7

delicious thread

game comes out 16oct eh? my birthday is 17oct
v48lqa.jpg

yamo

Wow, I want the Japanese boxart.

Anyone know if there is english text/voice in the Japanese version aswell?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Host Samurai said:

I'm not sure if I would've liked it- all they really could've done was have a character with a big health bar and that's not interesting.

To break up the game though, absolutely, but I think the jet ski / driving in the original did that pretty well. I think the game managed fine without having any.

No45

I'm amazed at the amount of people saying how short the original is. The amount of time I play is hard to track (I play maybe a couple of hours a night) but I could have sworn that the first took me close to fifteen hours. Then again Bioshock and Batman both took me around twenty hours I'd say!

I guess I just like to savour my games. ^_^

Also, hope there aren't (m)any bosses. :(

No45 said:
I'm amazed at the amount of people saying how short the original is. The amount of time I play is hard to track (I play maybe a couple of hours a night) but I could have sworn that the first took me close to 15 hours. Then again Bioshock and Batman both took me around twenty hours I'd say!

I guess I just like to savour my games. ^_^

Also, hope there aren't (m)any bosses. :(

I second this. I like them in some games (MGS) but they shouldn't force bosses in the story just because of tradition. If it fits with the story good, if not, well... forget it.

Host Samurai said:

This is my only concern too.

After all the Crash Bandicoot years, it really made me surprised to see no boss battles whatsoever in Uncharted. They do some really awesome boss fights so it would sadden me to see none in UC2.

deepbrown

LaneDS said:
The first image in the OP is of Drake on a train. The first trailer for the game showed Drake in a train, as have many other trailers. It's definitely been seen before, or at least it should have been if people have read the OP.

Touting a feature like non-looped backgrounds while on a train is something that should be discussed before the game is out, because it's an impressive accomplishment and not in any way a spoiler. Telling someone to shut up three times seems like a bit much, otherwise I wouldn't bother.
Alright, alright I over-reacted...but I was only playing the three shut ups :)

Plus I didn't know I was overracting...because I didn't read what was said. All I knew was that he was talking about a video that had "spoiler" put before it - so I had no idea what was in the video, how spoilerific it was and if a description of the video would be a really bad (or not so bad) spoiler.

highluxury said:
This is my only concern too.

After all the Crash Bandicoot years, it really made me surprised to see no boss battles whatsoever in Uncharted. They do some really awesome boss fights so it would sadden me to see none in UC2.

The Crash universe is much more open to boss battles.

KAOz

Short bus special
deepbrown said:

:lol
How is that a spoiler really? I mean, it has been heavily discussed by Naughty Dog when it comes to their tech for the game. And I didn't mean one would actually visit those places, but that the train is a proper object moving through a real landscape. Thereby passing everything by.
Instead of say, Killzone 2, which has the train as a static level and then "fake" the train moving by using the backgrounds.

I think they might have mentioned that Uncharted 2 was one of the first games to really do that. But I can have misheard.

Also, Deepbrown, that "spoiler"-video, was the gameplay video from PAX, that most people have seen. :)

Uncharted is a game where mutant zombie nazis who were cursed by treasure tried to kill you. There is PLENTY of oppertunity for boss battles. They better add more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom