• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

TheExecutive said:
No splitscreen. I am guessing there was no way to even possibly run this game with any sort of visual fidelity in split-screen

I always hear that, but Gears of War 2 looks pretty good splitscreen. I'm sure they could've done it if they had another couple of months to finish the game.

Shurs

TheSeks said:
Well, the first one is give-or-take around 12 hours. So it's slightly disappointing they're losing two hours.

If the first game took you 12 hours I'd wager Uncharted 2 will take you 14. 12 hours is on the long end of an Uncharted play through. For most people, it took 8-10 hours.

deepbrown

TheExecutive said:
I was just doing this...:lol give me a few minutes. Deep had his first I believe:D
Haha. It's just that we're posting the same thing straight after each other with the same avatar. :lol

Edit: Shit...even though I'd just read your response, i was scanning this page...and re-reading that comment thinking it was mine...and then like "Wait, I can't remember writing this!"

My brain is officially dead.

I'm Drake! No I'm Drake! No, I'm Drake! :lol

Zzoram

Shurs said:
If the first game took you 12 hours I'd wager Uncharted 2 will take you 14. 12 hours is on the long end of an Uncharted play through. For most people, it took 8-10 hours.

Not on Crushing. I'm pretty sure I die around 20 times per encounter on Crushing.

deepbrown

Shurs said:

TheSeks: "Uncharted 2 will take me 14 hours. "
:lol

OgTheClever said:
I've seen a few here in the UK.

EDIT: This is what's being shown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX6JygrIrQA

:lol Holy shit that was actually quite well done. Maybe I can dare hope the ads will be all gameplay.

deepbrown said:
TheSeks: Uncharted 2 will take me 14 hours.
:lol

Me too man. I am so damn slow going through these games I think I am at 28 hours or something for Batman AA and I seem to recall the synopsis being that the game was 8-12 hours long.

wRATH2x

Banned
Alright guys pray I get this game early, like I did with other Sony games. Hell I 'll post previews and answer questions to you guys if I actually do get it early. Hopefully next week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TheExecutive said:
There is no way the first is 12 hrs long. Secondly, it is universally agreed upon that this game is longer than the first by at least two hours. So in some insane universe the first game took you 12 hrs to beat this game should take you 14.

The first will take around 12 hours, if you go slow and don't skip cutscenes. It took me a full day to go through/explore for treasures my first playthrough.

Yes, the game can be significantly shortened to 5-7 hours on second and beyond playthroughs. I haven't clocked the cutscenes, but for me the game was a full 12 hours. I did find that the 12 hours was a bit short, probably because the chapters were so quick to go through.

I did have fun with it for a rental (in fact, Uncharted 1 is still one of my favorite PS3 games and I just picked it up for $30 two weeks before having to drop $60 on Uncharted 2), but to say that the game can't take 12 hours is just ridiculous.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
gofreak said:
What's with the spidey-font? I thought all games from uc2 onward would be using the slim branding. Or were these special edition boxes made too early for that?
Was that ever confirmed for Europe? I always just assumed they had planned a staged rollout and the UC2 comment was talking about their N.A. plans. Gundam for Japan, Uncharted 2 for N.A., ???? for Europe.

Billen said:
Called my son and made him enter the codes. Already gone though, of course. However, awfully nice to see things like this. :D
Try the account management website next time.

Spasm

Aight, finally got my preorder in. ECA + Amazon Prime with release day shipping = $42. Not bad. Let's hope they don't fuck up shipping like they did for ODST.

Wrath2X said:
Alright guys pray I get this game early, like I did with other Sony games. Hell I 'll post previews and answer questions to you guys if I actually do get it early. Hopefully next week.

I'm not praying for that, I hate it when I know people are playing games that I can't play. So there. Hmph.

YoungHav

Banned
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is it true the demo for everyone is coming tonight on the PSN store? (not that preorder code BS, the general PSN public).

No45

painey said:
I think I will get this, but £37 is just too much. Hopefully the supermarkets do a deal, but I doubt it :(
This is the only game I'm paying full price for over the next few months.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
YoungHav said:
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is it true the demo for everyone is coming tonight on the PSN store? (not that preorder code BS, the general PSN public).
Nope, its coming out this morning/afternoon :D

kaskade

I have a paper to write today, this demo is not going to help. I need tot get as much done as I can in the next two hours.

TheSeks said:
The first will take around 12 hours, if you go slow and don't skip cutscenes. It took me a full day to go through/explore for treasures my first playthrough.

Yes, the game can be significantly shortened to 5-7 hours on second and beyond playthroughs. I haven't clocked the cutscenes, but for me the game was a full 12 hours. I did find that the 12 hours was a bit short, probably because the chapters were so quick to go through.

I did have fun with it for a rental (in fact, Uncharted 1 is still one of my favorite PS3 games and I just picked it up for $30 two weeks before having to drop $60 on Uncharted 2), but to say that the game can't take 12 hours is just ridiculous.

Well, like I said it came off a bit harsh. If the first took you 12 hours this one will take you even longer so don't fret! There is more SP here for you.

LaneDS

I'm curious how much area they've created for the train segment, since they made a big deal in talking about how the train starts at one destination and will actually move through a non-looped environment. I'm guessing the helicopter or whatever will kill you if you just decide you want to hang out on the back of the train for twenty minutes, but am looking forward to messing around with it regardless.

levious said:
are there treasures to find in the co op levels?

Yes, but not in the same way there are treasures to find in single player. The ones in single player are static and hidden, while the ones in co-op drop off of enemies and are used to boost your multiplier (and maybe give the person who picked it up a score boost? I'm not sure).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
levious said:
are there treasures to find in the co op levels?
nah, not in the 'traditional' sense, anyway. don't think of the co-op as an extension of the single player campaign, it's an entirely separate thing that uses maps from the single-player game. Very fun, but also very, very different in general tone from the single-player experience.

Gibb

Wrath2X said:
I'll even light a candle for you.. *prays*

and grats to the OP!

Solo

Im hoping the game has more replay value for me than the first. I loved the game, but never picked it up a second time after beating it.

Rez said:
nah, not in the 'traditional' sense, anyway. don't think of the co-op as an extension of the single player campaign, it's an entirely separate thing that uses maps from the single-player game. Very fun, but also very, very different in general tone from the single-player experience.

Yeah, they drop off the enemy when you kill them. Oh and I <3 gold rush.

deepbrown

Ahhh I can't wait any longer!
kermit.gif

It better come at the end of this week! >_<

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Sick OP Kilgore. Well done and very informative.
I cannot wait to get my hands on the single player first and foremost. It shall be glorious.

KAOz

Short bus special
AltogetherAndrews said:
I don't understand the scale argument here. It's a linear segment. The E3 demo was a lot more impressive.

Well, it is quite impressive if you consider the huge map, and that all you see far off in the distance (infront of the train at least) you will cross. Aswell as the fact that the train is actually a moving object through it all, and not a "fake" as Killzone 2's trainlevel and similair stuff.

deepbrown said:
Never completed it...furthest I've got is round 7 (with two people) will you help me reach the 10th?

Ok... but we need 3 people this time. I believe we tried this before...

Edit: I am at work so I can't do it right at the moment in case you were looking to do so.

deepbrown

KAOz said:
Well, it is quite impressive if you consider the huge map, and that all you see far off in the distance (infront of the train at least) you will cross. Aswell as the fact that the train is actually a moving object through it all, and not a "fake" as Killzone 2's trainlevel and similair stuff.
Shut up shut up shut up! We don't need spoilers!

TheExecutive said:
Ok... but we need 3 people this time. I believe we tried this before...

Edit: I am at work so I can't do it right at the moment in case you were looking to do so.

Just leaving work now. Yeah, been working on Crushing with a gaffer too...but we decided we definitely needed another person.

BruceLeeRoy said:
kermit.gif

:lol Kermit going batshit nuts never gets old to me.

rhjsea.jpg

OCT 26 baby!!!
16th not 26th :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom