• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billen

Banned
vercity82 said:
I have 5 yes 5 codes for the UK beta if anybody wants them first come first serve enjoy people ;

C7MG-RKBA-J82M
XX48-DPBP-5FXE
NGXJ-9RBC-AFBJ
JRTN-NGB2-F4P5
CEH5-RXB9-773K

Called my son and made him enter the codes. Already gone though, of course. However, awfully nice to see things like this. :D

Wrath2X said:
So I was able to get Killzone 2 and InFamous rather early compared to all territories, do you guys think I can find Uncharted 2? Perhaps a week from now?

Its definitely possible. I believe this game went gold on the 13th so it has been done for a while.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It's a bit disappointing to see that rumoured trophy list being the real deal. Almost an exact copy of U1's list. Props to ND for not including multiplayer trophies though.

Jostifer said:
Does the trophies have more than three (four counting Platinum) artwork variations this time?

Watch the IGN vid, it would appear so (ninja mask for stealth achievement).

wRATH2x

Banned
TheExecutive said:
Its definitely possible. I believe this game went gold on the 13th so it has been done for a while.
Nice, I also got LBP really early. For some reason Saudi Arabia gets it early, or maybe they just put it on the shelf way too early.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wow. Great OP. Thanks for including the alt cover. It looks nice and minimalistic. I'll certainly be printing and using it. I'm sooo disappointed with the US boxart.

Ok now I have to promptly leave this thread. (Media Blackout) I'll be back on launch day. Just wanted to pop in and say thumbs up!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Love the thread, love the Japanese box art, thanks for including my countdown widget - I'm glad I've contributed somehow to a game I'm anticipating so much!

There are two spelling mistakes you have in the character names. Main villain's name is Zoran, not Zorin. I know for sure, but to confirm, you can see it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1349460/
Also, you have Karl Schafer spelled correctly in an image, but incorrectly right below it, in regular text.
As a sidenote, you wouldn't believe how often eastern European names get misspelled even in movies, or are picked to be somehow out of spirit with names actually used in country of character's supposed origin. I'm glad that ND made no such mistake. Zoran Lazarevic sounds 100% genuine.

Lord Error said:
Main villain's name is Zoran, not Zorin.

It would have been cooler if it was.

309lh8o.jpg

Majora

I know this isn't really the right thread for this but I started playing Uncharted again yesterday in preparation for the sequel, and it doesn't seem to be unlocking trophies (it's the first time I've played it post-trophy patch). The first two medals I earnt unlocked trophies but since then I've got several medals that haven't unlocked the equivalent trophies. Is this a known issue?

Anyway to try and make this on-topic, I'm really looking forward to this. I haven't played Uncharted in well over a year and I was shocked how amazing looking it still is. The bit where you come across the sub on the waterfall is stunning, then you climb up the cliff behind it and emerge behind the waterfall...it's just breathtaking. It's actually hard to imagine this game looking even better. I can't wait to see what they've done with it graphically. My only concern is any parts with waves of enemies. I played up to the beginning of Chapter 5 last night and there was a bit in 4 where I felt the enemies would never end. I wish they could just chop those sections in half for the sequel but a few reviews have mentioned they're back again.

gofreak said:
What's with the spidey-font? I thought all games from uc2 onward would be using the slim branding. Or were these special edition boxes made too early for that?

Yeah, I wish they wouldn't have used any branding on the front of the box. It takes away from the book feel.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BeeDog said:
ZorAn
ZorAn
ZorAn
ZorAn
ZorAn

Criminal offense!
:lol after making the whole post about it above, I see you beat me to it! But in any case, Amy's tradition of making genuine and believable characters continue unscathed where seemingly everyone else has failed. Just remember that season of 24 with "Victor Drazen" and "Andre Drazen", both supposedly Serbian - yeah right. :-D

Killgore, you also have Karl Schafer misspelled in text right below his image.

Fixed1979

The real countdown begins, I've been getting my ass handed to me while replaying the first game on crushing. Cannot wait for this one.

Lord Error said:
:lol after making the whole post about it above, I see you beat me to it! But in any case, Amy's tradition of making genuine and believable characters continue where seemingly everyone else has failed. Just remember Season 1 of 24: "Victor Drazen" and "Andre Drazen", both supposedly Serbian - yeah right.

Killgore, you also have Karl Schafer misspelled in text right below his image.

DAMN YOU! :lol

Thanks for pointing it out. My proofreading skills aren't the best.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Felix Lighter said:
It would have been cooler if it was.

309lh8o.jpg
Hmm a nazi-born genetic experiment villain wouldn't be out of step for the kind of stories they are going for. Maybe in the next game :-D

crispyben

KilgoreTrout said:
Not confirmed.

EDIT:
Looks like it might be confirmed for Australia. I'm trying to find a shop that actually has it before I add it though.
No problem, I thought it was. Good job anyway :)

xbhaskarx

3311stk.png

Let me explain something to you: I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That or His Dudeness, or Duder... or El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Blackace said:
SP is only 10 hours long? :(

The game looks sooooooo damn awesome and fun.. but that is a huge minus for me..

Well, the first one is give-or-take around 12 hours. So it's slightly disappointing they're losing two hours, but that means they're probably dropping/cutting the twist the first game had at the end.

In any case, the game is more focused on co-op/versus now, which is surprisingly good so I don't mind too much.

Thread needs more wallpapers and avatars, IMO. ArtGAF assemble! MROOOOOW.

Ze_Pershing said:
Why are people giving out codes? Isn't the demo being released today?

Because the codes are going to be essentially useless in the next couple of hours. For now they/people can get the demo before the demo's public rush.

TheSeks said:
Well, the first one is give-or-take around 12 hours. So it's slightly disappointing they're losing two hours, but that means they're probably dropping/cutting the twist the first game had at the end.

In any case, the game is more focused on co-op/versus now, which is surprisingly good so I don't mind too much.

Because the codes are going to be essentially useless in the next couple of hours. For now they/people can get the demo before the demo's public rush.
There is no way the first is 12 hrs long. Secondly, it is universally agreed upon that this game is longer than the first by at least two hours. So in some insane universe the first game took you 12 hrs to beat this game should take you 14.

deepbrown

TheSeks said:

What. This is CONFIRMED. Uncharted 2 is SIGNIFICANTLY longer than Uncharted 1.

Uncharted 1 was between 8-10 hours. Uncharted 2 is between 10-15 hours.

They haven't "cut a twist" or any other such nonsense - this game is longer. And if it took you 12 hours to play the first game, add 2 hours (at least) onto that for U2. It'll take you 14 hours.

deepbrown

TheExecutive said:
There is no way the first is 12 hrs long. Secondly, it is universally agreed upon that this game is longer than the first by at least two hours. So in some insane universe the first game took you 12 hrs to beat this game should take you 14.
Ahhhh...not only do we have the same (awesome) avatar...we have the same brain. Except you were nicer :D I'm the evil you.

Violater

10 Hours for an initial play through is perfectly fine for me, though I am pretty sure I am going to take around 12-14 to stop and look at some jay dropping detail every minute :lol

deepbrown said:
Ahhhh...not only do we have the same (awesome) avatar...we have the same brain. Except you were nicer :D I'm the evil you.
:lol I was just about to post that my comment came off a bit harsh but hell, you made me look like the pope
Mine still came off a bit harse

rhino4evr

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Thanks to every major release being pushed back to 2010, it looks like Uncharted 2 is on its way to being GOTY. I don't think any other title will come close in the single player department. MW2 will probably be the best Multi-title of the year.

Halo who?

deepbrown

TheExecutive said:
:lol I was just about to post that my comment came off a bit harsh but hell, you made me look like the pope
Mine still came off a bit harse
Thanks 'Good me'

TheExecutive said:
No splitscreen. I am guessing there was no way to even possibly run this game with any sort of visual fidelity in split-screen

Seriously, you are me. I'm getting really confused as to who I am now. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom