• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepbrown

Great job on the OP.

Just thought I'd say -Crushing on Co-op is ridiculously hard. All the enemies have skulls for heads :O

Lord Phol

95zvh3.jpg

Awesome, do want :eek:.

Jaroof

deepbrown said:
Great job on the OP.

Just thought I'd say -Crushing on Co-op is ridiculously hard. All the enemies have skulls for heads :O

YES!
Me and my friend (kalinekonu, for those of you who've played with him) made it to the last area, and were about to get to the part where the big guy with the GAU came out, but then we got a damn connection error!! >:[
Now we have to do it all over again. :/

SO close to getting the back to back medal.

Autofokus

Replicant said:
OP, here is Australian (or European) special box art (steelbox):
Yeah, it´s European (at least Germany) too.
- Steelbox
- illustrated postcards
- MP-Bonus: Gold rifles & additional Characters
- XMB Theme (not mentioned if static or dynamic)

m7qfqb.jpg

The normal edition gets the same cover as the NA-Version. The game was rated USK 16.

otknb8.gif

CiSTM

Banned
Autofokus said:
Yeah, it´s European (at least Germany) too.
- Steelbox
- illustrated postcards
- MP-Bonus: Gold rifles & additional Characters
- XMB Theme (not mentioned if static or dynamic)

The normal edition gets the same cover as the NA-Version. The game was rated USK 16.

Very disappointing content :( Will buy the regular edition.

Brofist

CiSTM said:
I really think this is awesome. Loose the big red warning(?) logo and change the font and I will import it just for the awesome boxart :lol

That big red bar isn't going to be on the box.

edit - :lol NVM you mean the other red thing. Yeah that's on a lot of games now unfortunately.

If the Japanese art ever shows up online I'm framing that bitch and sticking it on my wall. I'd import the Japanese version if I hadn't already ordered and paid for it in Australia, and I'm seriously considering doing it anyway:lol

-PXG-

Can't wait for this :D Gotta clear out my friend's list so I can play with GAF

Too bad you can't make meta PSN accounts, like you can on Live :(

Also, Japanese cover art is fucking atrocious. *vomits*

EDIT

Before people pounce on me. Yeah yeah, I know its going for that old school, hand drawn Indiana Jones look, but it's not well executed. Looks like shit to be honest. Poor Japan :(

Puck

Banned
Yoboman said:
Cool, what did they say?
+ Stunning to look at, equally stunning in experience
+ Impeccably crafted in every single department
+ Breakneck pace, exciting as hell
+ Cinema mode will reap rad user created content

"There aren't any reasons not to own this game"
"Uncharted 2 is the reason Hollywood should be worried about games. Incredible"

"10 or so hours"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I can't believe there are complaints about the length of the sp when it's supposed to be 10+ hours long. That's more than the original, which already had the perfect length and pacing.

I'm so incredibly hyped for this game. At first I was only interested in the campaign, but after playing the MP demo extensively... I'm going to waste so much time on multi and especially co-op.

Yoboman

Yeah, Uncharted's length was fine for me. It probably took me over 10 hours anyway. I don't like long games all that much

That Japanese cover art is amazing - not because I like the art per se, but because they managed to draw all the characters (and everything else too) so that it looks more Asian! Pretty funny (and will be interesting to see if it works, too)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just as well, this game deserves 'blockbuster' status

deepbrown said:
Everybody seen that Uncharted 2 is basically advertised on every UK video game website? Lots of US ones too.

Yeah I saw some adverts on TV the other day as well.

Also for people in the UK, the special edition is the same price as the standard on GAME.co.uk.

Rez said:
Just as well, this game deserves 'blockbuster' status
If it doesn't I'll be a little sad, but hey at least I'll have this awesome game. I can't even talk to my friends about it because they only play COD4. I'm still trying to convince them to at least try it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This OP rocks, a bit of a cluster (the OP's clearly working on a 1280x1024+ resolution) but other than that it's great.

Ballistictiger said:
If it doesn't I'll be a little sad, but hey at least I'll have this awesome game. I can't even talk to my friends about it because they only play COD4. I'm still trying to convince them to at least try it.

Probably it will sell more than any other Sony first-party in this generation, but it will sell way less than MGS4 and much less than ODST or, obviously CoD4:MW2. Probably it will sell less than the PS3 version of MW2 :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
neojubei said:
I think I might buy that. Anyone know how much it will be?

Totally.
Depends on where you live, I guess?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Seiken said:
Depends on where you live, I guess?

I'm better off trying to import the UK special edition of the game amirite?

AltogetherAndrews said:
1254193591247.jpg

That is awesome, is that a real cover? That could totally pass for a cover of The Phantom, or similar adventure comics. Much better than the US one.

That Japanese cover is quite bad. Looks like a cover a Lupin movie or something.

vercity82

I have 5 yes 5 codes for the UK beta if anybody wants them first come first serve enjoy people ;

C7MG-RKBA-J82M
XX48-DPBP-5FXE
NGXJ-9RBC-AFBJ
JRTN-NGB2-F4P5
CEH5-RXB9-773K

Yoshichan

vercity82 said:
I have 5 yes 5 codes for the UK beta if anybody wants them first come first serve enjoy people ;

C7MG-RKBA-J82M
XX48-DPBP-5FXE
NGXJ-9RBC-AFBJ
JRTN-NGB2-F4P5
CEH5-RXB9-773K
Oh shit - people be loving dis!

neojubei said:
I'm better off trying to import the UK special edition of the game amirite?

That Japanese cover is quite bad. Looks like a cover a Lupin movie or something.
:lol Glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

Facism

Yoboman said:
Yeah, Uncharted's length was fine for me. It probably took me over 10 hours anyway. I don't like long games all that much

Also, whilst it took me 7 and half hours to do a crushing run, it felt so much longer because of the content packed into Uncharted's arse. 10 hours is a great length if they've managed to fill it with the same consistancy of the first game.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The length of a game should not matter if the game was great such in the case of Batman: Arkham Asylum, that was a fantastic game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
how long was Batman? It was pretty much the perfect length for an action adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom