• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My most anticipated game of the year and that's with Modern Warfare 2 coming out. After playing a lot of MP Beta, I don't really care too much for that but single-player will be fuckton awesome. Beat first Uncharted on each difficulty, will do the same for Uncharted 2 (hell might run through Uncharted again next weekend as prep)

TheFatOne

Andronicus said:
nice job kilgore....and yes lyulf is a team killing BITCH!:lol

:lol :lol :lol Don't hate the King. Man I should post the pictures of my team killing prowess. I have one in particular where I killed Killgore and company in the beginning of an elimination game. It was so awesome.

Yeef

Awesome OP. I can't wait for this game. I hope Crushing is unlocked from the beginning though. I hate when games force you to unlock the hardest difficulty.

1254193591247.jpg

That is awesome, is that a real cover? That could totally pass for a cover of The Phantom, or similar adventure comics. Much better than the US one.

So, are any people who are interested in the Japanese boxart interested in me making one in the similar style?

Basically, will you use it?

Killthee said:
I think the standard edition is using the same art from the N.A. version.

a9gm.png

See how POOPY SHIT that is in comparison to the other cover? Pure poop, god damn it. I'm going for custom cover here, as dorky as that may be.

Barakov

The Japanese box art is superior on every level. Cannot wait for this. I'm starting another run through of the first one now.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you so crazy aa, the japanese boxart makes me want to puke

autobzooty said:
can i print out the boxart on a regular printer or do i need to go to Kinko's D:

You should be fine printing it out on a regular printer. But I forgot to add one thing to them, so wait till tomorrow so I can fix it. :D

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
AltogetherAndrews said:
1254193591247.jpg

That is awesome, is that a real cover? That could totally pass for a cover of The Phantom, or similar adventure comics. Much better than the US one.
Its the official JP cover.

14403nm.jpg

LaneDS

AltogetherAndrews said:
What? It shits all over the drab, oh look some dude hanging from something shit crap cover. Pure pulp action adventure comic brilliance, that Japanese cover.

I just like it because they cast Walter Cronkite as Sully for the Japanese version.

Great OP. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of new players hit the MP demo tomorrow.

Nice OP, didn't know who was doing it....

Can't wait to get my hands in the open demo this week. Is it the same two maps as the beta? What else is included?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AltogetherAndrews said:
What? It shits all over the drab, oh look some dude hanging from something shit crap cover. Pure pulp action adventure comic brilliance, that Japanese cover.
I like the idea and layout of the JP boxart, but the character art is just that little bit off, I find it... unsettling.

Rez said:
I like the idea and layout of the JP boxart, but the character art is just that little bit off, I find it really off-putting.

Yeah, but that's just because you don't have very good taste. Admittedly, Drake does look a bit weird, but it still beats the US shit cover of incredible shit.

LaneDS

AranhaHunter said:
Nice OP, didn't know who was doing it....

Can't wait to get my hands in the open demo this week. Is it the same two maps as the beta? What else is included?

The plaza, temple, ice cave, and village maps are there for competitive modes.

For co-op you've got the Nepal Warzone (from the old beta) and the gold rush mode on the plaza or village maps.

Also has access to ranks, the shop, upgrades, skins, and a bunch of competitive modes to choose from (deathmatch, elimination, pistols and grenades, sniper rifles and pistoles, RPGs only, plunder, chain reaction).

It's amazing how much they give you.

DevelopmentArrested said:
seeing twitter spam from a videogame even if its the best game of the generation is fucking obnoxious
They've cut back on the twitter chapter updates. From the PS blog:

Heard concerns about Twitter chapter updates for UNCHARTED 2. We’ve just disabled it but will patch soon to reactivate with frequency limits.

Woo-Fu

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
1254193591247.jpg

Reminds me of the Doc Savage novels I used to read as a kid.

Firestorm

Why are people shitting on the JP cover? It's way better than the boring NA one. JP one makes me think of really old adventure novels.

Also, how many co-op missions will there be in this game? Got my pre-order down but thought this was going to be released on the 22nd for some reason. Yay 1 week earlier :D

Grayman

DrPirate said:
Preordered from Gamestop for 59.99

Most are overpriced. This one is back at 60!
Thank you. I will consider getting it now. It looks like amazon has the same price, I do not deal with pre orders at a store.

Fakto

AFAIK, Amazon.co.uk has the chepeast U2 in Europe, preordered :3
And btw, Japan Cover >>>>> NA cover !

Great OP !

KAOz

Short bus special
Awesome OP!

I love that japanese boxart! THAT's how you make an adventure-game cover.

Too bad I have to go with the limited collectors edition (EU one). :D

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
95zvh3.jpg

WTF Japanese version is fucking awesome. I want that cover Naughty Dog, GIVE IT TO ME.

Edit: Fuck it, is there any place where they upload official box art? I wanna print that one myself.

Grayman

Jibril said:
snip
WTF Japanese version is fucking awesome. I want that cover Naughty Dog, GIVE IT TO ME.

Edit: Fuck it, is there any place where they upload official box art? I wanna print that one myself.
you can try http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php not sure when they will have it up.

the ps3 section is a little light but i would expect that the games with good covers in one region have them uploaded and maybe some custom work http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?game_id=1134

Drame

Fantastic OP, KilgoreTrout!

After being really LTTP to Uncharted, 2 years to be exact, I'll be there for Uncharted 2 on day one. I can't wait to play this!

Also, I can't wait to test the MP out, seems like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

dejay

Banned
Nice OP - will read fully when I get home. This game will be the closest thing to a good Indy movie I can get on a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom