• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
neojubei said:
The length of a game should not matter if the game was great such in the case of Batman: Arkham Asylum, that was a fantastic game.
Time passed so fast when I played Batman: AA, how long was that game anyway? Played it on hard right away.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Seiken said:
Time passed so fast when I played Batman: AA, how long was that game anyway? Played it on hard right away.

What? Really? I played that game so much, I got angry at how long it was. Such a great game and duration is insane too. Awesome.:lol

No45

Didn't realise the SE was the same price as the normal at GAME. Wasn't going to pick up the SE, but seems silly not to at that price. ^_^

Finished off all of the trophies in the original over the last few weeks, I'm totally hyped for this (And on almost complete media blackout).

Holtz

Awesome thread. Have the game pre-ordered and am ready for some Drake action. 13 days and 16 hours to go (gotta love that widget). :D

deepbrown

No45 said:
Didn't realise the SE was the same price as the normal at GAME. Wasn't going to pick up the SE, but seems silly not to at that price. ^_^

Finished off all of the trophies in the original over the last few weeks, I'm totally hyped for this (And on almost complete media blackout).
What does it matter if it's the same price at Game...the normal game will be much cheaper elsewhere - eg. Amazon

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Seiken said:

I think if someone played through the game without doing the Riddler riddles maybe 5-7 hours.

Where is the best place to order the uncharted 2 special steelbook edition to import to America?

Amazon? Game?

neojubei said:
The length of a game should not matter if the game was great such in the case of Batman: Arkham Asylum, that was a fantastic game.
Batman took about 20 hours for me to complete. At least 20. I solved all the riddles and stuff, but I felt compelled to because I was the goddamn Batman. I can't imagine a person wanting to rush that game.

Replicant

Autofokus said:
Yeah, it´s European (at least Germany) too.
- Steelbox
- illustrated postcards
- MP-Bonus: Gold rifles & additional Characters
- XMB Theme (not mentioned if static or dynamic)

m7qfqb.jpg

<3

I do hope that Playstation 3 logo is actually on the plastic that usually covers the steelbox (see DMC4 special edition).

No45

deepbrown said:
What does it matter if it's the same price at Game...the normal game will be much cheaper elsewhere - eg. Amazon
I have some reward points sitting idle as well so I've knocked a few quid off of that £39.99.

Dever

Banned
Not a big fan of any of the boxarts. The Collector's edition looks nice, but whose idea was putting some shitty scraps of paper on it? I'm getting the normal edition and might try out Kilgore's awesome alternative covers.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Autofokus said:
Yeah, it´s European (at least Germany) too.
- Steelbox
- illustrated postcards
- MP-Bonus: Gold rifles & additional Characters
- XMB Theme (not mentioned if static or dynamic)

m7qfqb.jpg

I'm sold. I'm ordering through GAME.co.uk for this. I hope that 15 rating symbol isn't on the tin itself.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
What's with the spidey-font? I thought all games from uc2 onward would be using the slim branding. Or were these special edition boxes made too early for that?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the colour in this game is just so fricking stunning. the vivid red and blues in the town/village area add so much character to the whole thing.

deepbrown

Rez said:
the colour in this game is just so fricking stunning. the vivid red and blues in the town/village area add so much character to the whole thing.
I can't wait to be in SP so I can stroll around and look at everything close-up...too busy in co-op (and impatient players) :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, kotaku.

deepbrown said:
Double reward points for pre-order means the amazon price and Game price are equal. The collector's edition is therefore a freebie. That's the way I look at it anyway. That and amazon pre-orders take an age to deliver on the free delivery option.

squall211

This isn't the type of game I normally play, but the IGN video review sold me on it. Now to find a cheap copy of Uncharted 1 so I know what's going on.

deepbrown

micromagic said:
Double reward points for pre-order means the amazon price and Game price are equal. The collector's edition is therefore a freebie. That's the way I look at it anyway. That and amazon pre-orders take an age to deliver on the free delivery option.
Collector's Edition is a freebie? That's a very nice way to look at it lol.

O-----M-----G! IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!! I fuckin loved the 1st one and have been waiting for the 2nd one forever. Def my fave new series.

Girsej

The Collector's Edition is mine, mine I say!

Just a random thought, how can you make a game that might just be the most awesome game ever... and then give it such a crappy cover that you'd actually have to hide it from your friends just because you don't want to end up without friends for the rest of your life :mad:

I.e. I reaaaaaally hate the standard cover.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kickass Official Thread for a kickass game.
Also : Wow at Kotaku... this is ban worthy i think :/

Replicant said:
<3

I do hope that Playstation 3 logo is actually on the plastic that usually covers the steelbox (see DMC4 special edition).

The DMC4 special edition was a clusterfuck design all around. If you alphabetize your PS3 games, the ugly as sin red square on the side of the DMC4 SE is elevated up higher than the other ugly as sin red squares on the regular cases. Same for the Bioshock slip cover.

Yoboman

satriales said:
The one I saw was about 10 seconds long and showed the part of the trailer where Drake is hanging onto the train and the carriage behind is spinning out of control.
10 seconds? Anything besides the train derailing?

Yoboman

deepbrown said:
It's 3 weeks before launch...they are starting slow (pay for ten seconds) before they show more and pay more.
Hopefully

What sort of music goes with it? I hope it's eye catching at least

EDIT: Saw it. Hope there's a bigger spot coming, and one of those funny ones :lol

Loudninja

Yoboman said:
Hopefully

What sort of music goes with it? I hope it's eye catching at least

EDIT: Saw it. Hope there's a bigger spot coming, and one of those funny ones :lol

Of course there is that's a teaser ad.

wRATH2x

Banned
So I was able to get Killzone 2 and InFamous rather early compared to all territories, do you guys think I can find Uncharted 2? Perhaps a week from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom