• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 MP Confirmed!

DangerStepp

Majora said:
Is this really going to drive sales though? No offence guys but outside of GAF, Uncharted really isn't that big a deal to most people, even less so the multiplayer aspect. It certainly isn't going to drive sales in the same way a Halo or Final Fantasy offer does. I'd be surprised if it added more than a few thousand when all is said and done.

It just might. With the advent of multiplayer extravaganzas like Halo, CoD, and Gears of War multiplayer provides the opportunity for longevity, DLC, and basically builds good will within the franchise so that purchase of the next iteration in the series is a no brainer.

Personally, I'm all in for the single player. I do a majority of my mulitplayer gaming on PC so it doesn't appeal to me all that much. I didn't even partake in Killzone's MP.

Dizzan said:
Its a fucking MP beta to test the game not a demo. There will still be a single player demo and heaps of impressions. Fucking whinge more.

The need to preorder the game to get the infamous demo is a bit more of the problem for me. That doesn't seem like something a person might have a problem with?

Grayman

Dizzan said:
Its a fucking MP beta to test the game not a demo. There will still be a single player demo and heaps of impressions. Fucking whinge more.
public betas are advertisements.

EagleEyes

Lince said:
I really hope it's better than Gears... the game has 100x much more potential
Gears and Gears 2 were fantastic dude. I can only hope Uncharted 2 turns out as good as the Gears franchise. I have faith in Naughty Dog :D

WinFonda

morlock said:
Heres hoping for small battles only. 3v3 or 4v4. :)
I think 4v4 or 5v5 would be good, with some emphasis on traversal and navigating hazardous environments as a team. Also, heavily destructible cover/environments for the win.

Firestorm said:
Oh great. So inFamous is doing the "pre-order for demo" bullshit. How about giving me a demo so I know whether or not to pre-order?

You'll get the demo free on PSN store before the game, this is for the MP beta.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So preorder the game, get your code, and then cancel the preorder if you hate the demo. You're a savvy gamer and not a grandma. Stop it.

I hope this is not deathmatch. I could think of some really cool cooperative modes.

AranhaHunter said:
You'll get the demo free on PSN store before the game, this is for the MP beta.

Wait, you're going to get the infamous demo before the game drops? In that case, this is much less of a big deal to me.

Y2Kev said:
So preorder the game, get your code, and then cancel the preorder if you hate the demo. You're a savvy gamer and not a grandma. Stop it.

I'd rather not loan Gamestop my money, thanks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Loved Uncharted, but multiplayer? Not sure about this, games that start single player and then add multiplayer on in the sequel tend to do a bad job at it, but who knows...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
watch them fuck europe in the ass again

well you know what? ill just import the fucker from the USA. -1 sale europe :D

gregor7777 said:
Wait, you're going to get the infamous demo before the game drops? In that case, this is much less of a big deal to me.

That's for people that want an EARLY demo, IIRC the demo will still be up on the PSN store for everybody before the game launches, something akin to the Killzone 2 demo. I think it'll be March 20th for everybody, I think they said that on the blog.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Lince said:
I really hope it's better than Gears... the game has 100x much more potential

I haven't played Gears online so i can't comment on that but i think Uncharted multiplayer has lots of potential.

Irnbru

gregor7777 said:

Tis be with best buys sir

Strike

Huh. I'm buying both, so it doesn't matter either way. Still, I hope the multiplayer doesn't fell tacked on and doesn't detract from the experience in any way. I know this is Naughty Dog we're talking about, but stranger things have happened here.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
gregor7777 said:
:lol

You should have chosen to whine about the inconvenience of having to drive back and forth rather than the 2 day CASH ADVANCE (see what I did there lol) you'd be giving them.

AranhaHunter said:
That's for people that want an EARLY demo, IIRC the demo will still be up on the PSN store for everybody before the game launches, something akin to the Killzone 2 demo. I think it'll be March 20th for everybody, I think they said that on the blog.

Ah, cool.

Y2Kev said:

You should have chosen to whine about the inconvenience of having to drive back and forth rather than the 2 day CASH ADVANCE (see what I did there lol) you'd be giving them.

:lol The terms of the negotiation would depend wholly on the quality of the game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Y2Kev said:

I heard they were stopping emailing codes early due to people abusing it. If not, I'm doing it.

I went to preorder today. guess they aren't going to give it out or have it yet until next week. btw. for those that preordered at gamestop did you get a voucher for the weapon or is when you pick up the game? all i got today was the infamous demo code.

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
Loved Uncharted, but multiplayer? Not sure about this, games that start single player and then add multiplayer on in the sequel tend to do a bad job at it, but who knows...

Do ND have any experience creating online multiplayer modes?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
DestinRL said:
How come when I report it it's a rumor and when Kotaku reports it 2 DAYS LATER it's confirmed?

http://screwattack.com/HardNews/042209

and stop saying crap like GT leaked it to me because they DIDN'T! GOD STOP SAYING THAT.
wambulance5fw.jpg

Shurs

gregor7777 said:
The need to preorder the game to get the infamous demo is a bit more of the problem for me. That doesn't seem like something a person might have a problem with?

Infamous will gave a demo on PSN for everyone on May 21st. This is before the game comes out. Yes, those who pre-order the game will have earlier access to the demo, but you'll still have a demo, without pre-ordering, before the game comes out.

Shurs said:
Infamous will gave a demo on PSN for everyone on May 21st. This is before the game comes out. Yes, those who pre-order the game will have earlier access to the demo, but you'll still have a demo, without pre-ordering, before the game comes out.

Yeah, someone mentioned that a few posts ago. If that's the case then I have no issues really.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Kagari said:
At least you guys get PS1 games :(

i say this with respect, but im not interested in playing 10+ year old games on my PS3, i only play PS3 on it, dont care one bit for BC :p

DuckRacer

gregor7777 said:
alr1ghtstart said:
I heard they were stopping emailing codes early due to people abusing it. If not, I'm doing it.
I did it with Killzone 2. I doubt they stopped doing this in the past two months.

Even still, if you do it online your card only gets charged when the game ships, you're not giving Gamestop any money unless you keep your preorder. The whole "preorder for a demo" thing seems dumb at first, but it's better than waiting for a game's release for the demo.

I think the beta code could be different, though. Not sure.

edit: and for the record, I'm happy U2:AT has MP. Yay for getting more than 6 hours out of your $60 game!

wouwie said:
Naughty Dog, please don't screw up the single player experience by adding a multi player experience that i won't play anyway.

Uncharted was such a lovely super duper fantastic single player experience which just needed a bit more platforming mixed in the shooting and it just needed to be longer because it was so gooo good and fun to play.

This is Naughty Dog were talking about.

acm2000

another game ruined by multi which really didnt need it (see bioshock 2)

this should be co-op and nothing more (like bioshock 2 shouldve been)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Kintaro said:
Huh? For which game?

If it's Infamous, that's dumb since it's still the same game, but if it's Uncharted, it makes more sense (not too much more). It is ND. I was skeptical, but I'm sure ND can make it happen. Be positive

^_^

interested

I find it a little silly how people believe the single player may be compromised... ND have stated time and time again that they are letting loose with this game...I expect it to absolutely trump the first in all aspects...

Top Bottom