• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 MP Confirmed!

deepbrown

nelsonroyale said:
interested

I find it a little silly how people believe the single player may be compromised... ND have stated time and time again that they are letting loose with this game...I expect it to absolutely trump the first in all aspects...
Two years to spend on development too.

Dizzan

MINI Member
drakesfortune said:
Tears of sadness from DrakesFortune. :(

All this crying is such bullshit. You guys are just trying to be elitist wankers. Most of the groundwork for Uncharted 2 would have been done during Uncharteds development. This won't hinder the SP yet it will stop heaps of people from only renting or trading.

I don't care for MP either way but to cry about makes you look like a bunch of dicks.

Barrett2

nelsonroyale said:
interested

I find it a little silly how people believe the single player may be compromised... ND have stated time and time again that they are letting loose with this game...I expect it to absolutely trump the first in all aspects...

As long as this isn't in the demon department, im ok.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yeah, I...just don't get the worry. But okay. <shrugs> Heck, I remember having some fun ideas for MP I would have liked to see them try.

alba

Little is the new Big
Tiduz said:
watch them fuck europe in the ass again

well you know what? ill just import the fucker from the USA. -1 sale europe :D

Haha, I just did that yesterday and I just saw this news, AWESOME :D

Euphor!a

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
interested

It will be compromised, that is just how things work, when you take resources away from one mode it will be detrimental to it.

Meh, Uncharted 2 just went from a day one purchase to a rent. I can't in good conscience the support the dumbing down of good single player games just for some multiplayer that will be played for a week before the online community is desolate.

IB someone says I'm overreacting.

To those with blind faith and devotion to all things naughty dog, this could end up being their "resistance 2". History has many examples where a multiplayer mode added nothing to the overall game and in the end diverted resources away from making the single player better. So despite the excellent pedigree of the developer a skeptical take on this news should not warrant an attack.

Baha

DMPrince said:
I went to preorder today. guess they aren't going to give it out or have it yet until next week. btw. for those that preordered at gamestop did you get a voucher for the weapon or is when you pick up the game? all i got today was the infamous demo code.

Wat. Do they have the demo codes already? I pre-ordered inFamous last week (Canada).

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
ND has been doing multiplayer since they started:

8644_32.JPG

i did say Online MP

Barrett2

Euphor!a said:
It will be compromised, that is just how things work, when you take resources away from one mode it will be detrimental to it.

Meh, Uncharted 2 just went from a day one purchase to a rent. I can't in good conscience the support the dumbing down of good single player games just for some multiplayer that will be played for a week before the online community is desolate.

:eek:

WinFonda

Dizzan said:
All this crying is such bullshit. You guys are just trying to be elitist wankers. Most of the groundwork for Uncharted 2 would have been done during Uncharteds development. This won't hinder the SP yet it will stop heaps of people from only renting or trading.

I don't care for MP either way but to cry about makes you look like a bunch of dicks.
I'm with this man.

Here's a timeline of Uncharted 2.

Trailer announced: OMG YES! NEW UNCHARTED WOWW!

Trailer shown: OMG THAT LOOKS AWESOME.

First Screens: OMG HOW DO THEY DO IT. NAUGHTY
DOG AM GODS.

Multiplayer announced: OMG single-player jeopardized.

See, logic and rationale are not your friend when you followed this pattern.

The framework was already laid out in the first game dudes. This is gravy to them. The single-player is going to kick ass, I guarantee it will be better than the 1st game. I loved Uncharted, I played through it 3 times. But goddamn it was light on content and being "just a single-player game" in this day and age is a liability. This is exactly what the game needed. It's going to be awesome. You're getting more for your money.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
To those with blind faith and devotion to all things naughty dog, this could end up being their "resistance 2". History has many examples where a multiplayer mode added nothing to the overall game and in the end diverted resources away from making the single player better. So despite the excellent pedigree of the developer a skeptical take on this news should not warrant an attack.

And yet the only one that people seem to be able to think of is Resistance 2.

Anyway, no big deal, i'll get the beta and enjoy it whenever its finally released and people can continue to complain about it even existing.

Norml

Euphor!a said:

pfff

xo4mt2.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I ripped the ethernet port out of my PS3. I knew something was holding back my games from being great!

God, I hope they don't make more than one or two levels in UC2 either. I don't want them allocating resources to more levels than that and compromise their quality.

edit - I mean seriously GAF, wtf? The vast majority of games have multiplayer modes now, why don't I see this bitching with every other game?

mr_nothin

Banned
Euphor!a said:

Who said anything about taking away resources from 1 mode?
Why couldnt they have just added resources for another mode while keeping the resources for the other mode, for the most part.

Nobody here is open to anything besides what they think is right. Stop being so close minded.

Banned
WinFonda said:
I'm with this man.

DOG AM GODS.

I hear what you're saying, but I think people are worried (myself included) about the bifurcation of great single-player experiences. I guess the gameplay of Uncharted does lend itself to multiplayer, I just hope other great single-player such as God of War doesn't get infected with the MP bug.

Euphor!a

Banned
WinFonda said:
I'm with this man.

DOG AM GODS.

See, logic is not your friend when you followed this pattern.

The framework was already laid out in the first game dudes. This is gravy to them. The single-player is going to kick ass, I guarantee it will be better than the 1st game. I loved Uncharted, I played through it 3 times. But goddamn it was light on content and being "just a single-player game" in this day and age is a liability. This is exactly what the game needed. It's going to be awesome. You're getting more for your money.

Any money not being pumped into the single player experience and is instead being wasted on multiplayer is going to be detrimental to this game. I can almost guaruntee instead of an excellent 10 or so hour game like we got with Uncharted, we'll get the standard 6 hour game with tacked on multiplayer that no one will be playing in a month.

Consider me intrigued. How will multiplayer work... will it be like MGO and you pick basic skins and then gear them up? Cant imagine it will be just a sea of Nathans shooting at each other.

HALF-TUCK MMORPG next.

Euphor!a

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Who said anything about taking away resources from 1 mode?
Why couldnt they have just added resources for another mode while keeping the resources for the other mode, for the most part.

Nobody here is open to anything besides what they think is right. Stop being so close minded.

I'm sure Uncharted 2 has a set budget, anything not going to the single player mode would be taking it away from single player and putting it into multiplayer.

Euphor!a said:
I can almost guaruntee instead of an excellent 10 or so hour game like we got with Uncharted, we'll get the standard 6 hour game with tacked on multiplayer that no one will be playing in a month.

6-8 hours was the general playthrough time for the original. So, if U2 is that long then it'll be right in line with the original.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Euphor!a said:
Any money not being pumped into the single player experience and is instead being wasted on multiplayer is going to be detrimental to this game. I can almost guaruntee instead of an excellent 10 or so hour game like we got with Uncharted, we'll get the standard 6 hour game with tacked on multiplayer that no one will be playing in a month.

They've gone on the record as saying they want to make the single player both deeper and longer than the original.

I don't see any reason to doubt them at this stage.

Grecco

gofreak said:
why don't I see this bitching with every other game?

When its messed up the single player there has been bitching see The Darkness, Condemend 2 ect. You arent looking hard enough

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Grecco said:
When its messed up the single player there

UC2's single player has been messed up?

The bitching is premature and totally inappropriate. IF the single player doesn't deliver then come back in six months or whatever and bitch. Right now it looks stupid.

Grecco said:
When its messed up the single player there has been bitching see The Darkness, Condemend 2 ect. You arent looking hard enough

The developers not managing their resources properly is what messed up the single player in that game. Other games have quality multiplayer and single player modes. So it's not like its something impossible.

Also, guess what kids! Naughty Dog want you to hang on to your copies of their games rather than trading them in 3 days later like the pieces of shit you truly are. Get used to it!

womfalcs3

Banned
Tom Penny said:
Total failure by Naughty Dog. Single player is going to be ruined now. Just start over....

How do you know that? Have you seen the game?

How can you make such a stupid comment? It's baffling. You're already basing judgment on presumptions? Presumptions that are based on nothing.

mr_nothin

Banned
Euphor!a said:
I'm sure Uncharted 2 has a set budget, anything not going to the single player mode would be taking it away from single player and putting it into multiplayer.
So i'm guessing that they dont have access to the other teams...
I'm pretty sure they dont have everybody from the 1st game. Why would they need the same amount of people when the engine is already created? Oh, and i'm pretty sure you're a better manager/developer than Naughty Dog is, so we should definately listen to your logic here....

They're doomed if they include Multiplayer...NO MATTER WHAT.
That makes alot of sense.

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
I can't tell if most of the people in this thread saying "Single Player ruined!!!!" are being serious. They can't be, right?

some are serious and some are taking the piss outta the ones that are serious.

I'm personally a little concerned... it could be an empty tacked-on experience or it could be something special. I hope ND can bring something innovative to the table.

I must go harass Gamestop tomorrow. Possibly tonight if I get off early. I can't wait to try out the MP for Uncharted. It went totally under the radar so I don't know what to expect. All the fodder is going to find out why we called Kittonwy 'The Spinner" LOL

DMeisterJ

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
6-8 hours was the general playthrough time for the original. So, if U2 is that long then it'll be right in line with the original.

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves, a 6-8 hr action/adventure game is not good at all. The original had that, and it was excused because it was NDs first PS3 game and it had high replayability. I know this one will have high replayability too, but this game better be in the 10 hour range or at least 9.

Norml

I can see MP being great with all the cover moves like hanging and popping up + the hand combat.:D Just those 2 features would make it great imo.

WinFonda

Euphor!a said:
That's some wild speculation and talking out of your ass. They have a story they want to tell (which was probably written before anything else,) and like Uncharted, they'll tell it. The first game wasn't very long (I think I beat it in 8 hrs,) but that was cool because it was a mostly lean experience and the game flowed exceptionally well. I would be very, very surprised if the 2nd game ended up shorter than the first. I'd be willing to take a ban bet on it actually being longer if we could find a way to standardize such a measurement.

But mee? I'll be happy with enjoying the SP campaign and probably soak up at least 30 or so hours into the multiplayer, at least.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Also, guess what kids! Naughty Dog want you to hang on to your copies of their games rather than trading them in 3 days later like the pieces of shit you truly are. Get used to it!

calm down, fireball. :lol

Grecco said:
lol, suddenly the games with competent multiplayer and single player components are outnumbered by those that don't?

I'm glad we have so much faith in our entertainers. Who, you know, have been entertaining us for years. And succeeding.

Insufferable traditionalist GAF is insufferable and traditionalist.

Top Bottom