• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer screens (and trailer!)

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
professor_t said:
from what people are saying it sounds like they had to water down the SP campaign to get MP up and running.

Who said that?

Nobody who would be in a position to know that for sure...

People are worried that such a thing might have happened and you are leaping ahead of the pack pushing the background noise from "I hope SP has not suffered" to "people are confirming SP was watered down to get MP running".

Is this a race to the wildest Uncharted 2 F.U.D. of some sort and I missed the start bell? Uhm... it might be a race... after-all I see Iapetus, Dragona, and other mods just waiting with checkered flags on one hand (and baseball bats/bansticks behind their backs) to salute the winners with...

Sean

Banned
Co-op sounds interesting, MP right now at least seems like pretty standard fare (ie Deathmatch and CTF modes).

professor_t said:
Damn, from what people are saying it sounds like they had to water down the SP campaign to get MP up and running.

Yeah, because "people" are such a reliable source of information and deep reasoning. Most importantly, they can see the future with overwhelming accuracy.

One would think Naughty Dog can do what they are doing rather than forcing half-assed modes, that it's not their first game on this platform, that their previous game got so many things done right that there's a good chance they can do it something even better and with more features given the time they're taking and their previous experience. But we'd better trust people who haven't played the game or hardly know about it whatsoever!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
professor_t said:
Damn, from what people are saying it sounds like they had to water down the SP campaign to get MP up and running.

People base this on the fact that no game has ever in the history of games had a SP experience that delivered, and a MP mode. Ever. Never been done. Can't be done. I think Einstein said so.

thaOwner

Gbeav said:
Name me one reason I would want to play this instead of COD4 or Killzone 2.

No one is here to please you. Buy the fucking game or don't.

The Faceless Master said:
OOHH SHIT, Uncharted 2 just went from Rent Eventually to BUY DAY FUCKING ONE!!!

fuck yeah Naughty Dog!
You speak the truth. My first game I will be pre-ordering.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Uncharted = awesome. MP or SP. Graphics have taken a bit of a hit but still looks better than most games out there. Looking forward to it!

Facism

Lince said:
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system

I want to play these 4v4 modes with friends (mostly my GAFe skilled heroes)

I agree with nurse Lince.

We won for you last night.

Also, HATERS CAN SUCK SOMETHING SOMETHING.

The single player better be polished to near mario galaxy levels if this is going to be in here, especially to this extent. The screen shots look damn good though, for whatever a screen shot is worth...which isnt much.

Dibbz

Was already Day 1 but moved up to Day 0 right now.

ND always deliver!

2wmhyyd.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I wonder to what extent they can incorporate traversal/exploration mechanics in MP.. obviously in co-op it'll be there, but I mean in the other modes.. I hope it's incorporated well so it doesn't just feel like it's getting in the way of 'the shooting'.

Anyways, it looks slick as you would expect from ND. The motion blur looks nice.

Damn, almost avoided this topic since my eyes quickly scanning simply thought it was that carnival of stupid thread :lol

Bit disappointed MP just has you re-using the single player models and characters (UnchartedGearOnline), but I guess hoping for customiseable dudes really would have taken away from the main game a bit too much.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Bit disappointed MP just has you re-using the single player models and characters (UnchartedGearOnline), but I guess hoping for customiseable dudes really would have taken away from the main game a bit too much.

Isn't it a bit too early to state what's it going to be like?

gofreak said:
I wonder to what extent they can incorporate traversal/exploration mechanics in MP.. obviously in co-op it'll be there, but I mean in the other modes.. I hope it's incorporated well so it doesn't just feel like it's getting in the way of 'the shooting'.

Anyways, it looks slick as you would expect from ND. The motion blur looks nice.
Im a bit worried about the blur, it looks excessive in the screens and not too tasteful. When it comes to blur, a screen shot doesnt really do much to tell you how it will look in motion...hope it isnt too heavy.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I was always going to purchase this on release date, but the mere fact that co-op is not tied to the story makes it full of win. Thank the heavens.

Now I can't wait to go and buy inFamous to try these game modes out early! This is really going to push inFMAOUS sales.

test_account

XP-39C²
I think that these screens looks pretty good! :) It is nice to see that they added a multiplayer part to Uncharted 2, i am looking forward to try it, especially the co-op part :)

EDIT: I would still have bought Uncharted 2 at day 1 even if it didnt have any multiplayer though, but i think it is nice that they added a multiplayer part as well! :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the co-op campaigns are nice and fleshed out, and not just pseudo-randomly generated ala Resistance 2.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
The only thing that bothers me are the names above the characters, green... Really?? Really??

I just hope you only see the names of your allies above their head and not above enemies their head..

Euphor!a

Banned
Like I had assumed, instead of cool new ideas people for some reason thought Uncharted MP would be, it seems like just Unchartified versions of traditional MP game types.

The Coop sounds really nice, but I'm not sure about the MP, deathmatch and CTF with 8 player, I expected something more ambitious from Naughty, I fear that these mode won't be played much after a few month... I'm not sure how Uncharted controls and gunplay will translate in MP.

It looks afw though :p

FirewalkR

Are we gonna see footage today from the bigger sites or it's just impressions and screens?

Fake edit: Dammit JAX you're getting close. Gotta slow down.
Real edit: You too Rez.

Kingsora said:
The only thing that bothers me are the names above the characters, green... Really?? Really??

I just hope you only see the names of your allies above their head and not above enemies their head..
Yeah, Ive always hated that about online games...its really disconnecting. The green does stick out a bit more than usual, but I guess thats the idea.

Jtrizzy

Kingsora said:

As long as it's not like GTAIV multi player. That was so retarded with the little dots and names over everyone's head.

_Angelus_

Banned
Just make another great single player game,don't want multilayer possibly taking away from what matters most-single player along with what should be a step up in visuals. Half the pics look somewhat flat really,for a sequel it does raise questions about multi-player being possibly too far along infront of more single player game development.

Loudninja

FirewalkR said:
Are we gonna see footage today from the bigger sites or it's just impressions and screens?

Fake edit: Dammit JAX you're getting close. Gotta slow down.
Real edit: You too Rez.

Cant wait for some new uncharted info, some gameplay footage would be nice.

Jeff Rubenstein replied on April 26, 2009 at 5:40 pm
Then you’ll want to drop by the blog at about 9am tomorrow (Pacific).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...hat-we-read-45/comment-page-1/#comment-210855

Heads up: PS3 fans should be getting some good updates on Uncharted 2, MAG, etc. starting tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1625865377

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Angelus said:
Half the pics look somewhat flat really,for a sequel it does raise questions about multi-player being possibly too far along infront of more single player game development.

I'm curious about this comment. You mean single player shots look 'flat' versus the MP shots?
Really?

Crackers

Neo Member
I like that the multi-player is limited to 4vs4, for me that's a good fit for the game's controls/mechanics (if they are the same as U1).

JB1981

Wow. The graphics look like they haven't taken a hit at all either. Great motion blur and amazing facial expression on that new girl in that one screen ....

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Crackers said:
I like that the multi-player is limited to 4vs4, for me that's a good fit for the game's controls/mechanics (if they are the same as U1).
Mmm, and 4 vs 4 allows them to look at Gears, and see what worked there, and what didn't. Smart decision.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
EatCrow.jpg

love these screenshots, ND delivers once again.
MP haters make another thread you are not welcomed here ! :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system

I want to play these 4v4 modes with friends (mostly my GAFe skilled heroes)
;___;

The MP screens look like SP. AMAZING!

Top Bottom