• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer screens (and trailer!)

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Cant wait for some new uncharted info, some gameplay footage would be nice.

Jeff Rubenstein replied on April 26, 2009 at 5:40 pm
Then you’ll want to drop by the blog at about 9am tomorrow (Pacific).
So how many hours do we still have to wait? I am not really familiar with American hours

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RedRedSuit said:
There is something dodgy about those screenshots....
Of course, those screenshots arent on their native size, they are scaled down.

Fersis said:
Of course, those screenshots arent on their native size, they are scaled down.

No, I mean the players' screen names seem doctored in. And the camera angles are not as they would appear in gameplay.

I dunno....

sullytao

Looks pretty neat. I like that they built the co-op around its own levels instead of shoehorning it in to the main ones. This way it can be kept challenging and make use of the extra players.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RedRedSuit said:
No, I mean the players' screen names seem doctored in. And the camera angles are not as they would appear in gameplay.

I dunno....
:D
Its a common practice to use 'cinematic' cameras for press screenshots.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
RedRedSuit said:

I dunno....

Screen names are clearly photoshopped in. I noticed it immediately. In fact, they even missed one here (first guy from the left)

2wmhyyd.jpg

But... who cares?

Shurs

It's as if Naught Dog made choices dependent on complaints from this board about multiplayer games.

"Too many players in multiplayer modes leads to clusterfucks" 4v4.

"Don't ruin my single player experience by forcing co-op ala RE4." Separate co-op.

I'm very excited for the game.

Shurs said:
It's as if Naught Dog made choices dependent on complaints from this board about multiplayer games.

"Too many players in multiplayer modes leads to clusterfucks" 4v4.

"Don't ruin my single player experience by forcing co-op ala RE4." Separate co-op.

I'm very excited for the game.

look man, new complaints can be made...don't try to pigeonhole us complainers and claim we lack the ability to evolve!

Binabik15

My number one fear of forced Co-op didnt happen! Yay! Single player without a partner all the time! Huzzah! Even though the Uncharted AI partners were actually quite good:D

And they didn´t go overboard with modes and stuff, so SP might stille be good
hurr...durr

Do I still have to eat crow even though I always planned on pre-ordering it? I don´t want it to be like the first one, the "local" stores received their copies way after realease date D:

Edit for: NAUGHTY DOGS AM GODS! I RIKE! I RIKE!

AKS

Kittonwy said:
Not sure why people are even suggesting that "graphics took a hit" when it didn't, MP looks better than SP of most of the top games.

Yeah, seriously. And let's also not forget it's friggin' April and they have lots of time to work on the game in the meantime to get it looking even better despite already looking better than the majority of console games on the market.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
7 months out and some of you are nicking the game on graphics in MP?!!? :lol What's next? "I SEE NO SIGNS OF CROSS-GAME INVITES!!!! SONY SUXORS! OMGWTF?"

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I am aroused by these screens (yeah, probably doctored but after Uncharted 1, I expect the graphics to rock regardless) and by the possibilities.

GQman2121

Banned
Add me to the list of people that is now picking up InFamous. Getting in on this beta has pushed me over the edge.......which is sad. :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
~Devil Trigger~ said:
looks like Killzone 2 a bit

Perhaps it's the motion blur. Evan Wells posted this on Twitter recently:

Loving a new feature we added to Uncharted 2 a few weeks ago. Thanks Michiel from Guerrilla Games and Alex from @insomniacgames!

The new feature has to do with the way in which we render the graphics. It really helps the overall impression. We'll give details later.

Gbeav said:
Name me one reason I would want to play this instead of COD4 or Killzone 2.
This.
Shins said:
Gears logo as a way to insinuate that Uncharted's controls are exactly the same as Gears' controls.
Except that Uncharted has a way looser feel in terms of shooting, moving, melee, etc. It works just fine in the context of the game, but I still wouldn't want to play multiplayer that way.

Separate co-op at least gives me some inkling of hope, but not much.

Basch

lol It's as if Naughty Dog visited GAF for ideas for the next game. Don't blame 'em. We're a smart group of people. Surprised to see how close they were to my ideas. Back when I finished the first Uncharted a month after it came out, I posted some ideas and thoughts that would make the sequel even better. I decided multiplayer was a gimme. Then I broke off on such a large tangent that I thought maybe I should design a little demo that would put my ideas into motion. Needless to say, I forgot about it. :lol Anyways, I had originally planned Capture the Treasure, but instead of lame default looking things I'd have random artifacts like huge statues or a tiny necklace. Each having different weights. The necklace could obviously be carried by one person, but the statue would take two or three. On top of that, the other team would be able to move their treasure to a new place if the old one became discovered. My deathmatch was a little more complicated thanks to the addition of traps players could build... or destroy. Vehicles would be in every game mode... and I don't remember the rest. Hopefully they take note of this post and add more fun shit in like that if they haven't already. I'll see if I can find my post in the meantime.

Oh yeah, this game is looking hot! :D

Llyranor

My interest is piqued. I guess it ultimately depends on how substantial the co-op. Also, I guess PvP could be interesting with a focus on exploration/verticality.

krae_man

Developers of single player games need to figure out another way to stop people from trading the game in, renting it instead, preventing idiot reviewers from screwing up the metacritic score etc.

At this rate, Heavy Rain will have a deathmatch mode.

jett

D-Member
Multiplayer looks really awesome, about as good as what we've seen of SP! Can't wait to see the footage. Haters need to sit down and STFU.

Facism

jett said:
Multiplayer looks really awesome, about as good as what we've seen of SP! Can't wait to see the footage. Haters need to sit down and STFU.

There's something else the haters can do, too.

professor_t said:
Damn, from what people are saying it sounds like they had to water down the SP campaign to get MP up and running.
Yeah. SP screens released were only target renders. In the real SP, due to budget cuts caused by the addition of MP, drake, represented by a green square, has to find the treasure (yellow triangle), while avoiding chinese pirates (red circles)...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Gbeav said:
Name me one reason I would want to play this instead of COD4 or Killzone 2.

Well, you win. Every other game from now on should just not bother with multiplayer at all. Everyone should bend to the will of these two games and any other choices they would like to see is wrong.

I am enlightened.

-PXG-

My concerns:

- Pacing (will it be slow and boring, or fast and frantic?)
- Shooting/ cover mechanics (will they be different in MP?)
- Being able to tell the difference between team mates and opponents
- Level design (Asymmetric or symmetric, big or small, ect)
- Team sizes (Gears style 4v4/5v5, Halo BTB, Killzone 32 players?)

Screens do look hot though :)

jonnyp

Kogepan said:
awesome....

how could anyone possibly not be excited by the INCLUSION of this? The hand-wringing about the SP is asinine...

I could personally not care any less, but if it helps sell more copies of the game then I'm all for it because I loved Uncharted to death and I wish ND every bit of success.

-PXG- said:
My concerns:

- Pacing (will it be slow and boring, or fast and frantic?)
- Shooting/ cover mechanics (will they be different in MP?)
- Being able to tell the difference between team mates and opponents
- Level design (Asymmetric or symmetric, big or small, ect)
- Team sizes (Gears style 4v4/5v5, Halo BTB, Killzone 32 players?)

Screens do look hot though :)

As long as they don't have an over powered glitchy shotgun which makes everyone run in the middle of the map to barrel roll and shoot each other, it will be a fine online game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
~Devil Trigger~ said:
looks like Killzone 2 a bit

The added post-processing definitely looks like it has Guerrilla's fingerprints on it. Plus this has Uncharted COLOUR and awesome texturing to boot.

Banned
-PXG- said:
If ND can capture that adrenaline rush that Gears has, and have a stable net code, this WILL be a hit.

if this game doesn't sell at least 3 million day-1, I'm selling my PS3 and getting a 360.

Top Bottom