• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 world premiere at Spike VGAs

calder

Awesome. Great news. :D

Loved the action in the first game, the gunplay and melee was tight and pretty fun all the way through. Wouldn't mind a focus on a bit more adventure/exploration though, and maybe some trickier puzzles or less obvious environmental paths.

Firewire

Banned
Router said:
Needs Elena.

54uamh.jpg
If she's not in Uncharted 2, I going to knock over magazine stands by the thousands!

Jostifer

OMG! My head just went kaboom from the overexposure to pure excited awesomeness!

I know that didn't make sense, but no matter :D

Dizzy-4U

ZOMFG!!!!!!!! This is so awesome!!!!

~Devil Trigger~ said:
so there IS a GOD...

good to know
The existance of God was already confirmed with BG&E2. But with this, maybe there are two of them =o

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I have a feeling they're going to tweak a few animations here and there and add a few new ones. That's it.
With the new free mechanic, you can expect more than a few more animations. And if they use that tech from Eight Days, I will shit my pants. So excited.

To recap...
-Same composer
-Increase the exploration more
-Improve the tech/visuals, optimize and make us proud
-Keep the tongue and cheek humor
-Bring back Elena and Sully
-Don't compromise anything

DoomGyver

h3ro said:
I have such a big ass smile on my face right now. I freaking loved Uncharted.

Screw all these games I'm playing right now, who's down for another Crushing run?

*cowers at the thought of the underwater pillared area...*

THIS, I completed it 100% before the patch and never got my trophies, I think I may just go ahead and play through it right now. :D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
LiquidMetal14 said:
With the new free mechanic, you can expect more than a few more animations. And if they use that tech from Eight Days, I will shit my pants. So excited.

To recap...
-Same composer
-Improve the tech

Yes! Also this would go with the Increase the exploration more make the levels bigger for said exploration and then we are in business. :D

LiquidMetal14 said:

To recap...
-Same composer
-Improve the tech

You forgot "no multiplayer," the most important one.

DCharlie

Banned
yippeee
but
worries : Stealth :/

Not sure how that's going to work and i'm not exactly the worlds greatest Stealth gamer :/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Blu_LED said:
Wait, I'm confused. Who/what is Wollen and why is his name in Killzone 2?
Wollan is a nice Gaffer. His name is in there because he is the commander of the KZ2 Defense force :lol

Darkpen

Banned
oh my god, fuck yes.

Also, he's wearing almost fucking nothing in that blizzard, jesus christ. I highly doubt he's wearing thermals under those jeans, either. Must be soaked.

Can't wait :D

DrPirate

Banned
I just got home from school but WTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFF

HOLY SHIT UNCHARTED 2

BEST HOMECOMING GIFT EVER!!!

Trailer looks so bad ass. Yeah I'm so happy now!!!!!!!!!

And stealth sounds so awesome, Nathan isn't friggin rambo. It's normal to want to get by without getting seen/caught. FUCKKKKKKKKKK can't wait

calder

Firewire said:
If she's not in Uncharted 2, I going to knock over magazine stands by the thousands!
Don't even talk like that, there would be no game without her.

I'd love a bit more story in this game - sure the story was fun and well told in 1 but I'd like a bit more on the characters. Maybe show how they realize they are all a lot more in the "tomb robber" camp than the "saving history from thieves" group. I liked how Elena was pretty quick to jump on board the whole lets find a giant stash of gold bandwagon with lovable reprobates Nate and Sully (it was refreshing in that I just assumed she would fill the naggy do-gooder role). She at least had the grace to not pretend to be doing it for her local museum, but perhaps some turmoil between the characters in 2 based on their mercenary attitudes. Nate and Sully clearly had differing levels of money lust motivating them, but in the end they both wanted revenge against the bag guys just as much as they wanted the giant gold dude so any conflict between them never appeared. But they did get away with a good deal of money in 1, so I can't wait to see what happens to them next.

I just felt that the first introduced some great characters in a great setting, but story-wise it could have gone further. Guess that's what sequels are for. :D

Darkpen

Banned
Issun23 said:
DSC04186.jpg

There's one for Duckroll too I think.

EDIT: It's right there on Wollan's. :lol
oh, I didn't know that that was actually a checkpoint, I thought it was like... a beta screen from Wollan or something :lol holy shit

and :lol @ "dakurol" :lol :lol, soooo did not notice that.

Niks

This news came out of the blue!!
OMG so good!!! Cant firggin wait
:D

SolidSnakex said:
Excluding this new Uncharted announcement, it looks like Spike has 8 more premieres to announce

Nice!
The pathetic fan in me wants a new GT5 trailer plz.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
EmCeeGramr said:
wollan is the artist who drew this masterpiece two years ago

21aihoy.jpg

Really ? He draw that ?

He is still one of my favourite gaffer along with BruceLeeRoy and some others

While I'm sure the snow setting won't be the whole game, I just hope it's only a very small part of the game. Snow areas, like deserts, bore me to death within 5 minutes. I feel like I've seen enough in that trailer alone.

Not too keen on stealth sections either. I'm all for having greater exploration though.

I loved the first game quite a bit and I'll be happy if this game merely matches it. A better game though....sweet.

Fersis

Tom Penny said:
So he rolls up his sleeves in a snowstorm? -1 on that one.
Dude he is Nathan Drake .. he is like a white Samuel Jackson... yeah :D so badass

jmonteiro

Full Recovery said:
THIS, I completed it 100% before the patch and never got my trophies, I think I may just go ahead and play through it right now. :D

I did 2 Crushing runs (and 100% twice), one before trophies and another after trophies. The second time wasn't too bad :D

Kabuki Waq said:
I hope they dont stealth this game up.

fuck stealth.

Yeah well I wish this WAS a stealth game, so take THAT. I want to feel less like a Terminator and more like an average Joe relying on cunning and guile.

But I loved Uncharted so much anyway, even though there was way too much gunplay and not enough adventure. I can't stop smiling thinking about Uncharted 2.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
MORE PLATFORMING/ADVENTURING LESS SHOOTING PLS NAUGHTY DOG.

If you do, it'll be my GotF.

Top Bottom