• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Grisby

Sn4ke_911 said:
Now i want a game with Lara and Nate teaming up.
tr_uncharted_by_oxxxxxashxxxxxo-d3fl739.jpg
Me too man. Get rid of Elena and Chole. Adventure game of the ages.

Strider2K99 said:
Getting my free copy soon thanks to the AMC event. If not for that, I would have skipped it since I can't afford it.
Didn't you pay to go to the AMC event?

Also, does anyone know when those Subway promotion copies will be showing up? I won a copy on their website, but I have no idea when it's showing up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So glad the store by me is doing a midnight for this game *_*

I've heard not all will, so anyone trying to get it Monday night might want to check.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
arne said:
Random question, has anybody in or near major cities seen any billboards for Uncharted 3?

Does it count if I saw a TV ad for the game in my country?

I mean, the game has to be BIG if it appears in my country's TV. The only other videogame that has done that has been The Beatles Rock Band.

iNvid02

BruiserBear said:
Didn't you pay to go to the AMC event?

Also, does anyone know when those Subway promotion copies will be showing up? I won a copy on their website, but I have no idea when it's showing up.

oh shit i forgot i won one of those lol

not in the US so gave my copy away to a gaffer, i hope he gets it alright

SaitoH said:
I finished Batman, but I think I'll have to set aside Dark Souls for Uncharted next week. Can't wait.

=D

Yeah I have had DS for weeks now but I have to let it lie in its crypt. That game will consume me once I start it and I need some proper time for UC3.

Grisby

Kagari said:
So glad the store by me is doing a midnight for this game *_*

I've heard not all will, so anyone trying to get it Monday night might want to check.
Lucky, my GS isn't. The last time I was able to get UC2 at midnight was because of Brutal Legend.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Grisby said:
Lucky, my GS isn't. The last time I was able to get UC2 at midnight was because of Brutal Legend.

I guess Uncharted isn't "big" enough for them, even though they do midnights for far lesser games as it is.

just reading a couple reviews. i'm not really surprised tbh. the whole worldwide ancient fortune hunter thing is pretty specific contextually. it would probably be difficult to justify too many fundamental changes. plus they covered a crapload of bases in part 2. it would be silly not to expect more of the same...at least the little bit everyone seems to be complaining about

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
FrankNitty said:
I tested 3D some last night on a 65VT30 in Chapters 10-12 and it is decent. Minimal crosstalk except in a few areas. Actually, there was really no crosstalk except for when you had long hallways or ledges on some areas. Personally I think CHP 8-9 is where 3D will shine the most. Overall I would say it was as good as gears, maybe better in some areas.

Still not SSHD level but worth a look if your a fan of 3D.

Oh and CHP the end of CHP 11 has some nice tidbits they touched on that I hope is explained further in the game.

Also CHP 11 was very, very fun...
Good to hear, and yeah ssdhd is a poster child for this in many ways. Gears doesn't have real stereo 3d though, just reprojection. UC3 does render the scene twice, just like sad does.

Kagari said:
I guess Uncharted isn't "big" enough for them, even though they do midnights for far lesser games as it is.

i think it depends on how many preorders they get , All GS in My city are apparently doing it.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I think she wants him to raid her tomb. It won't be uncharted for long!
wait, are you sure Lara Croft tomb is uncharted? after so many games in skimpy clothing and numerous teasing, you'd think hers are already charted at least a couple times...

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I think she wants him to raid her tomb. It won't be uncharted for long!

8/10, would read again.

Callibretto said:
wait, are you sure Lara Croft tomb is uncharted? after so many games in skimpy clothing and numerous teasing, you'd think hers are already charted at least a couple times...

She's only 21 in the new one...

Kagari said:
isn't a gamestop able to do it if they get a minimum of 150 pre-orders? I think that's the number...

thetechkid

So is the Collector's edition worth it? I was originally thinking of getting it but having second thoughts about it in favor for just the normal game.

Arsenic

arne said:
Random question, has anybody in or near major cities seen any billboards for Uncharted 3?
I'll check near 34th and 9th in NYC tomorrow for you, there's usually a huge ad for games there, resistance 2 got love there 3 years ago. (anyone who works in the city probably can check earlier by tomorrow)

Mannn...I'm so hyped up for this game. I haven't really truly gamed in a while due to arrival of a new family member....I don't even remembered what was the last game I completed!!

But this.......this Uncharted 3 is truly something special! Growing up with Indy, this is the closest I can experience as one of my childhood heroes!

Bought Day One!! (How I wish can get the game now like some of you guys!!)

That guide is gorgeous and would be a nice complement to my Dark Souls hardcover, but the UC games are pretty linear...hard to imagine needing a guide.

Yoboman

Gold Member
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
8/10, would read again.

She's only 21 in the new one...
lol I guess the myth Drake will be searching for in the cross over game is the existence of a 21 year old virgin

Thoraxes

Man, now that the OP is different (STILL LINK THE OLD OP), everyone's reactions makes them look like they this the current OP is the greatest thing to ever happen since breathable atmosphere happened on earth.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:
Ahhh I hadn't thought of the added 3D versions for cut-scenes. :/ I hope it hasn't affected video quality much, and is improved from UC2. Wish ND used real-time cut-scenes. :p
Then you could say goodbye to instant cutscene startups and no wait time for game to continue after the cutscene is done. I guess the practicality of what it allows is better than the purity of it running in real time.

BoobPhysics101 said:
Uncharted 3-D ranks up there with Avatar as the best 3D I've ever experienced. It's REALLY fucking good. It's amazing that they got it to work on the PS3.
Cripes... That $800 3D visor thing is calling my name like a siren from the fog.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Not sure if old, just found it while searching up some Uncharted 3 stuff on Youtube.

Some new gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr4lIyfErSQ

Watch at your own risk!

Top Bottom